Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

International break!

Although due to the injuries and pace we have been playing at recently, an international break is prob a good thing to recharge the batteries.. But it bloody makes it boring for us for 2 weeks, England just have no excitement factor anymore and I get sick of reading all the 'Cole is included' 'Rooney does this' 'Hodgson is happy' news stories that are everywhere.

I honestly couldn't give less of a **** about the England team. I watched the San Marino game the other night and I didn't feel anything when that team of underperforming, prima donna, millionaire wankers stuck the ball in the net. If it were City I would've been jumping around the room.

People always ask if you would rather see club or country do well, for me it would be club every single time, without any hesitation at all. I'd much rather see Leicester finish top 6 in the PL and get European football than see England lift a World Cup.

Same, find it hard to get excited about England any more. Most of the players seem to be absolute morons and always disappoint at international level despite playing well for their clubs. If they can't be arsed to play, I can't be arsed to watch. Been living in Wales for about six years now, seen them play more than England and they have Andy King! Not as exciting but still..... Andy King!

Couldn't agree more. If you look at the average England crowd these days, it is increasingly made up of foreign students, many of whom have blocks of tickets on the cheap - real England supporters are on the decline. When you look at the antics of Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole etc it's hard to retain any respect for them, and I think a lot of supporters feel the same way. Shame really, because Hodgson is a top bloke.

The reason so many English fans no longer seem to give a toss about England is because we know we are so far behind the rest of the top world teams it beggars belief . Only a few years ago we had a sort of belief even if it was just hope but now we have not even got hope. We all know once we are against any decent team we will fail. Clowns like that twat Rooney ( he's Irish anyway ) never do it for the National side and the rest get showed up time and time again for their clumsy football and lack of passing ability.

And for the most part I can't see it changing because we are still teaching the young kids all the wrong style of football and knocking any sort of raw talent out of them to conform to the British idea of Football.

I agree about watching England - I don't really feel anything when watching them. I enjoy watching the World Cup and Euros because of the spectacle and sometimes unexpected results, but I won't get out my seat when "we" score. I actually wanted Rooney to miss that penalty against San Marino, would've been marvellous

Archived