Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Favourite/Best Drummer

He drummed for Nirvana from Nevermind onwards, but I'm pretty sure he recorded the entire Foo Fighters (self titled) album himself, plus he's done work with other bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, etc. If I'm not mistaken he was the drummer for Songs For The Deaf.

He was indeed the songs for the deaf drummer. Some of his finest work too as he didn't over complicate anything and played exactly what each song needed and no more. A sign of a decent musician is to know when not to guild the lilly.

I tend to go for the likes of Terry Bozio for technical shenanigans, and Dale Crover for massive and creative drumminess.

Clearly there will be better and more precise drummists but for doing something interesting without being dull and over clever these two get my vote.

So many over the years, obviously Gene Kruper and Buddy Rich. i went to see Buddy Rich and his Orchestra at the DeMont when he introduced his version of West Side Story, quite amazing. Louis Bellson deserves honorable mention as one of the greats.

Also: -

Keith Moon

Ginger Baker

Topper Headon

Chris Franz (Talking Heads)

Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews band)

Dave Grohl

Not forgetting Jerry Alison of the Crickets,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a drummer and my favourite would be Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree.

Honourable mentions go to: Danny Carey (Tool), John Bonham (Led Zep), Dave Grohl (Nirvana / Foo Fighters), Phil Selway (Radiohead) and Richard Jupp (Elbow).

Archived