Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Putting things into perspective.

After all the negativity around the season, how poor our finishing is, Pearsons future etc. I just thought it would be nice to realise how lucky we currently are.

We have a nice stadium, a decent fanbase, wealthy owners and a quality squad(IMO the best since the year 2000).

People seem to forget it was only a few seasons ago we disappeared into the wilderness! We have since got straight back up, first time of asking..had an enjoyable promotion campaign, an entertaining season under Sven nearly looking like gatecrashing the playoffs and then a decent end of last season including a good cup run and Pearson coming back!

We have come a long way. The days of Levien, Kelly, Allen, Worthington, Megson, Holloway and a whole host of, quite frankly, ABISMEL squads, players to have graced the pitch since Adams' old pensionered left/jumped ship.

Anyway, just thought Id like to put that across! Was watching Saturday and just got me thinking how enjoyable it is to watch us in comparison to those years of dross, when it really was painful to watch and we were never going to go anywhere! No money, no ambition, no good football, barely any moments to savour(Spurs in the cup is probably the only worthy moment between 04-08).

Since then we have had promotion, playoff semi's drama, big names in and out, winning runs of 5 in a row a few times, wonder goals like Gallaghers last season, Marshalls personal goal collection, Bruma Vs watford is one that sticks in my mind etc. Just happy being a Leicester fan tbh and think we should all realise this could be a good era for our club and in Pearson, if we give him time, could be the next MON. With patience and a bit of backing from the board, I see similarities with us to Stoke and Tony Pulis. Lets Hope! fingers crossed.

I've been to every game so far with my mates and we all agree'd that we haven't really deserved to lose a game, we have played amazing, even against wolves we matched them in the second half! Im pleased with Vardy and obviously Knockaert, if we carry on like we are, we will be going places fingers crossed :)

Also agree that we are fun to watch can't wait for the next game!

After all the negativity around the season, how poor our finishing is, Pearsons future etc. I just thought it would be nice to realise how lucky we currently are.

We have a nice stadium, a decent fanbase, wealthy owners and a quality squad(IMO the best since the year 2000).

People seem to forget it was only a few seasons ago we disappeared into the wilderness! We have since got straight back up, first time of asking..had an enjoyable promotion campaign, an entertaining season under Sven nearly looking like gatecrashing the playoffs and then a decent end of last season including a good cup run and Pearson coming back!

We have come a long way. The days of Levien, Kelly, Allen, Worthington, Megson, Holloway and a whole host of, quite frankly, ABISMEL squads, players to have graced the pitch since Adams' old pensionered left/jumped ship.

Anyway, just thought Id like to put that across! Was watching Saturday and just got me thinking how enjoyable it is to watch us in comparison to those years of dross, when it really was painful to watch and we were never going to go anywhere! No money, no ambition, no good football, barely any moments to savour(Spurs in the cup is probably the only worthy moment between 04-08).

Since then we have had promotion, playoff semi's drama, big names in and out, winning runs of 5 in a row a few times, wonder goals like Gallaghers last season, Marshalls personal goal collection, Bruma Vs watford is one that sticks in my mind etc. Just happy being a Leicester fan tbh and think we should all realise this could be a good era for our club and in Pearson, if we give him time, could be the next MON. With patience and a bit of backing from the board, I see similarities with us to Stoke and Tony Pulis. Lets Hope! fingers crossed.

I enjoyed that post until you made the comparison between us and Stoke. I get the point but you sounded like one of the bitter Brum fans on twitter on Saturday night lol

This especially! We have had some crap managers and teams over the last 10 years. We do seem to have a settled team now, and I can see similarities to the season under Pearson when we reached the play-offs.

Pearson seems to want a good team, rather than individuals and from what I have seen so far this season, we haven't deserved to lose a game. The Burton game aside, we have looked 100% committed and as fans this is what we want to see.

Keep it up.

way to go a kill a perfectly otherwise great speech

We are top of the league.

We have scored 18 Goals, I think only Cardiff, Palace Leeds and Burnley have scored More and Burnley have let in 22.

We have conceded just 10 I think only Brighton have conceded less.

Our goal difference is the joint best with Brighton.

We are playing some decent stuff, if we had taken maybe 2 or 3 more chances this season we may well have had decent lead at the top, but we haven't.

I think there is still more to come from us and I know it gets said a lot but we will beat some one by 4 or 5 at some point if we keep our best 13 or 14 players fit.

6 points from the 2 home games this week, would be a great return from the week, 7 points from 9 over the rest of the season would see us alright.

Agreed - great post

Pearson is a smart guy. Obviously he (and the scouts) can spot young talent that will be a good fit for the team, which is really important for consistency and the whole effort

Letting go and selling off players who aren't needed, aren't up to scratch or aren't giving their all - this leaves us with a good dependable squad, and helps finances massively - thus sustaining our future

All the signs for us having a great season are there. We've already gotten a big chunk of the toughest matches out of the way - a quarter way into the season and we are top, with good goal difference and outstanding home record. We're not making stupid mistakes all over the pitch, we're being given some outstanding performances by players who didn't shine last season, the new arrivals have all settled in nicely, (barring the cup) we've not put in a bad performance - nothing to complain about at all really

I'm just hoping we can keep up this form, and that injuries are kept to a minimum (another reason it's good to have a younger squad)

Can't wait for tomorrow

We are top of the league.

We have scored 18 Goals, I think only Cardiff, Palace Leeds and Burnley have scored More and Burnley have let in 22.

We have conceded just 10 I think only Brighton have conceded less.

Our goal difference is the joint best with Brighton.

We are playing some decent stuff, if we had taken maybe 2 or 3 more chances this season we may well have had decent lead at the top, but we haven't.

I think there is still more to come from us and I know it gets said a lot but we will beat some one by 4 or 5 at some point if we keep our best 13 or 14 players fit.

6 points from the 2 home games this week, would be a great return from the week, 7 points from 9 over the rest of the season would see us alright.

Good post..

:thumbup:

.......... we haven't really deserved to lose a game, we have played amazing...........

............... we haven't deserved to lose a game.........

..........if we had taken maybe 2 or 3 more chances this season we may well have had decent lead at the top.........

I find all these 'would have, could have, should have' comments to be nonsense.

By our own admission we have lost 11 points away from home and all in games we really should have got more out of...... :dunno:

I know a lot of people take comfort from the fact that we played well in all those games, but I don't see that.

In fact I see the opposite, if we are failing to win games when we playing well, then we have no chance of picking up points when we don't play so well, as will undoubtably happen at some point this season....... :cry:

For me, those games are a clear indication that we need to improve, I am not saying our current position is false, just that at some point other teams will hit good form and we will have to fight to stay in the top two.

Given our form and the quality of our play those 4 results were not good enough, you need to pick up points when you are playing well and we didn't........ :dunno:

By our own admission we have lost 11 points away from home and all in games we really should have got more out of...... :dunno:

I know a lot of people take comfort from the fact that we played well in all those games, but I don't see that.

In fact I see the opposite, if we are failing to win games when we playing well, then we have no chance of picking up points when we don't play so well, as will undoubtably happen at some point this season....... :cry:

For me, those games are a clear indication that we need to improve, I am not saying our current position is false, just that at some point other teams will hit good form and we will have to fight to stay in the top two.

Given our form and the quality of our play those 4 results were not good enough, you need to pick up points when you are playing well and we didn't........ :dunno:

I'm not being rude to you Dave, but I personally think you need a bit of perspective.

Pearson effectively inherited Sven's squad of misfits. They were misfits, I think most people would now accept that.

Within approx one year, he has sold the massively over-inflated Matt Mills, he has finally been able to ship out Beckford who, although playing very nicely for Huddersfield, just didn't do it for City, despite being given lots of chances.

What else has he done? Well, we've found a little gem in Knocky who may well go on to be the Championship player of the season if he retains his current form. He has signed Drinkwater who, as I said right from the start, could go on to be one of City's most important signings for many years. He has got Morgan (very popular at Forest) away from the club and he is playing with real conviction now for us.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, he has gone for younger, up and coming players, with a view to getting better over time.

He has also shaved money off the wage bill (very very important) and has got us currently top of the league.

WELL DONE NIGEL PEARSON! If we now go on to have a poor run and lose a few, I, for one, still did not think we would be where we are at this point in the season. Its been a monumental turnaround and effectively blows a raspberry in the face of the critics who, only a few weeks ago, were suggesting he should be out, in favour of 'uncle arry'.

I know what you are trying to do..... give a sort of relectant praise, while suggesting, week-in,week-out how we can get better. Its very transparent Dave and you come across at present like a frustrated football manager.

Why not rather revel in the 'Pearson project', take each game as it comes and actually be happy that the table shows we are currently above everyone else?

Of course there are ways we can improve, but Christ on a bike, if you aren't satisfied now I doubt you ever will be.

I genuinely believe if we go out tomorrow night and beat Brighton 5-0, you'll come on here suggesting that we should have had 6..or 7, if we had played a certain player in a certain way.

Over and out..

:mad:

:P

Finally! Finally, someone talking sense! The reason I never post on this forum is due to the vast amount of negativity, the huge amount of fickle fans & the same dross spouted about Pearson, the squad, the atmosphere, blah, blah f***ing blah!

I agree this is THE BEST SQUAD without doubt since that of MON, we had an exciting team back then and I haven't enjoyed much since, but the squad that NP & staff have assembled I truly enjoy watching again - the performances that these lads have been putting in was only going to produce the current results we're seeing now with time & I'm so glad it's clicked when it has.

Onwards & upwards, I have such a positive feeling for the future. Fans will still moan, I'm sure Barcelona & Man UTD fans still moan but that's football, I for one am a happy fox!

Afternoon Col,

I don't disagree with a word of your last post, I have said elsewhere that NFP has turned the team around in a manner that is beyond my (wildest?) expectations.

The folk I take issue with are those who are saying that we have played well and dominated and although we have lost we should have won. They cite poor finishing, bad luck, rubbish referees and PMT as the reasons but I do not agree.

Despite our generally excellent play we are, to my mind, still not sharp enough in the final third, sure our strikers could do better and on other days they will, but to me the service still is not good enough and this was very evident on saturday.

Our strikers are not going to win chipped or floated crosses which we saw far to much of on saturday and the sharp passes to feet were noticeable by there absence, Waghorns chance apart we created little from open play, just a few half chances for Dyer, King and Nugent.

We have the resources to do better and I am just frustrated that we are not picking up points when we are dominant...... :dunno:

Finally! Finally, someone talking sense! The reason I never post on this forum is due to the vast amount of negativity, the huge amount of fickle fans & the same dross spouted about Pearson, the squad, the atmosphere, blah, blah f***ing blah!

I agree this is THE BEST SQUAD without doubt since that of MON, we had an exciting team back then and I haven't enjoyed much since, but the squad that NP & staff have assembled I truly enjoy watching again - the performances that these lads have been putting in was only going to produce the current results we're seeing now with time & I'm so glad it's clicked when it has.

Onwards & upwards, I have such a positive feeling for the future. Fans will still moan, I'm sure Barcelona & Man UTD fans still moan but that's football, I for one am a happy fox!

Don't let the negativity put you off posting, without the balanced views and the more positive ones, everyone else will be committing suicide on here lol

I had my doubts about Pearson but now I just feel stupid. He knew it would get worse before it got better he knew some of the players he inherited did not give a fvck about playing for Leicester and he knew he had to get rid of them. He not only did that but replaced them at a fraction of the cost with much better players and has produced a team spirit I have not seen since the mon days.

Come folks what's not to like we are playing great football with relatively young players who can and will get better and should we get promotion we have owners who will put their money where their mouths are to ensure we stay in the Prem.

We have not had such hope for a decade, lets enjoy what is happening and be thankful Pearson thought it worth while to come back.

I had my doubts about Pearson but now I just feel stupid. He knew it would get worse before it got better he knew some of the players he inherited did not give a fvck about playing for Leicester and he knew he had to get rid of them. He not only did that but replaced them at a fraction of the cost with much better players and has produced a team spirit I have not seen since the mon days.

Come folks what's not to like we are playing great football with relatively young players who can and will get better and should we get promotion we have owners who will put their money where their mouths are to ensure we stay in the Prem.

We have not had such hope for a decade, lets enjoy what is happening and be thankful Pearson thought it worth while to come back.

Great post Flowy.

Great post Flowy.

Thanks col it came from not just my heart but head too. Can't wait for tomorrow night and Saturday ok we may slip up on both of them but you just know we are onto something special with this squad and we would bounce back. Sometimes you just have that feeling -no belief that a special time has arrived at the club and as a old bloke who has followed city since 1959 I have that feeling again. Every time we kick off now I believe we can win and I have not felt like that in a long long time. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

We did... by going on a 5 game winning streak :doh:

I don't understand that attitude, we have shown a consistency and new found dynamism, last season we were so inconsistent it was so hard for us to build on anything or change anything, because as soon as one hole was plugged another appeared, if we play well but lose, then it is not ideal, but if we played well we don't need to change the team too much, if we defend well but get beaten by a wonder strike, or concede due to a mistake, we don't need to change the defence the next game. Likewis if we are creating plenty of chances, but their keeper has a blinder, there isn't actually a problem with the team, it is just one of those things you can't control.

Playing well breeds consistency, which allows teams to develop together grow together and improve. Even if results don't go our way we will be better in the long run by playing consistently well, than by scraping results and playing poorly.

I remember someone commenting after the Blackburn game, despite the fact we lost and Blackburn went top, they would much rather have our team then Blackburn's, and we are in a much better position than them to mount a serious promotion challenge, and it is still early days but it looks like they were right.

We have the resources to do better and I am just frustrated that we are not picking up points when we are dominant...... :dunno:

We're doing it better than any of the other 23 sides in the Championship, that's good enough for me.

Always nice to see some positivity on here :thumbup:

OK guys I give up...... :blush:

Giving away points when we are, by general agreement the better side, does not sit well with me, but I shall suffer in silence...... :P

No, that's not the answer MD I think with any club there's always room for improvement and though your points are valid I feel they are a little harsh when you consider we are only 11 games in and NP has made vast improvements and wholesale changes to the Sven era mismatch team! And let's not forget we are top of the league, we are top of the league :D;):chant:

We're doing it better than any of the other 23 sides in the Championship, that's good enough for me.

Absolutely true, but completely irrelevant....... :(

Doing it better than the other 23 teams in the Championship come May is what matters...... :thumbup:

Archived