Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Putting things into perspective.

Don't be daft Dave. You won't give up it ain't in your nature buddy..

Maybe....... :dunno:

At the moment I am simply geeing myself up to go to tomorrows game in a positive frame of mind....... :thumbup:

You have no idea how difficult that is for me....... :cry:

At the moment I am simply geeing myself up to go to tomorrows game in a positive frame of mind....... :thumbup:

I "have that feeling" Dave tomorrow is the game where it will all click and that we will hand out that hiding our play deserves

You are finding if difficult to be in a positive frame of mind sitting top of the table?

OK guys I give up...... :blush:

Giving away points when we are, by general agreement the better side, does not sit well with me, but I shall suffer in silence...... :P

One of the reasons I like Pearson and have backed him continuously since his reappointment is that he will feel the same about the dropped points as you and despite our good form will refuse to get complacent.

It's testament to our current strength that the games we've lost, we shouldn't have done based on performance. Bearing in mind we've played a lot of the stronger teams (Blackburn, Wolves), it shows that it's for us to lose with lapses of concentration (like the two goals at Wolves). In those circumstances, we've got the best manager to keep feet on the ground and get down to doing the basics.

Yep...... :cry:

You have been following City for as long as I have (I think?), surely you understand....... :dunno:

I dunno how long you have but I'm 33. My first years were Pleat.

I feel quite optimistic, I'm happy with how things are progressing. We're going to lose some games, we're going to play shit at some point, I just want improvement and for us to be competitive. Whatever happens, happens.

One of the reasons I like Pearson and have backed him continuously since his reappointment is that he will feel the same about the dropped points as you and despite our good form will refuse to get complacent.

It's testament to our current strength that the games we've lost, we shouldn't have done based on performance. Bearing in mind we've played a lot of the stronger teams (Blackburn, Wolves), it shows that it's for us to lose with lapses of concentration (like the two goals at Wolves). In those circumstances, we've got the best manager to keep feet on the ground and get down to doing the basics.

Very good point, probably helps to explain why I like Pearson's management style so much given that I do have issues with his tactics, setup whatever....... :thumbup:

I feel quite optimistic, I'm happy with how things are progressing. We're going to lose some games, we're going to play shit at some point, I just want improvement and for us to be competitive. Whatever happens, happens.

A mere pup :P but couldn't agree more Babs :chant:

33.... Pah..... You ain't seen nowt then...

Now back in my day...... Etc....

lol

33.... Pah..... You ain't seen nowt then...

Now back in my day...... Etc....

lol

:D I was a starry eyed 6 yr old 69/70 season first match been supporting ever since,. had more ups and downs than a whores knickers seen some right dross and tremendous highs but never stopped supporting our great team and never will!!!!!

So you are just a Baby-lon...... ;)

When I started going regularly Gillies was still manager........ :o

Sometimes, people post something on here that truly surprises me ! Babs - I don't know why, but I always assumed you were quite a bit older than that ! It would make a great thread - what do we all think other posters look like etc etc !

Really pleased with the way we've played so far this season and the act that we are top. The players look like they're giving everything to try and make this a successful season. The games we have lost and the draw against brum have all been by small margins and have been because of poor officials and bad misses.

It's nice to be looking forward to our next game and expecting us to win. Someone is in for a hiding from us soon imo

:DI was a starry eyed 6 yr old 69/70 season first match been supporting ever since,. had more ups and downs than a whores knickers seen some right dross and tremendous highs but never stopped supporting our great team and never will!!!!!

When I was that age I can remember sitting on my fathers knee, in the Main (Wing) stand about 30 yards out from the Kop goal.

I saw Arther Rowley play and clearly remember the last (home) game of the promotion season, Orient formed lines and clapped City on to the pitch (as champions) then gave us a good beating....... :(

Come to think of it, that could be the start of my football paranoia........ :dunno:

I find all these 'would have, could have, should have' comments to be nonsense.

By our own admission we have lost 11 points away from home and all in games we really should have got more out of...... :dunno:

I know a lot of people take comfort from the fact that we played well in all those games, but I don't see that.

In fact I see the opposite, if we are failing to win games when we playing well, then we have no chance of picking up points when we don't play so well, as will undoubtably happen at some point this season....... :cry:

For me, those games are a clear indication that we need to improve, I am not saying our current position is false, just that at some point other teams will hit good form and we will have to fight to stay in the top two.

Given our form and the quality of our play those 4 results were not good enough, you need to pick up points when you are playing well and we didn't........ :dunno:

Dave,

I share your frustration that we didn't take our chances, and your belief that we need to continually seek to improve in all aspects of team performancethroughout the season,

Dave,

Sorry, messed up my reply.

Meant to say, that whiIe I share your frustration that we didn't take our chances, and your belief that we need to continually seek to improve in all aspects of team performance, I disagree with the points I boldened. It doesn't follow that we can't pick up points when we play badly - our fighting team ethic will help us at those times, and we might even sharpen up our finishing too - but it is widely acknowledged that winning when you're playing well isn't exactly essential; it is more often said that what separates winning teams from the not so successful is the ability to pick up points when you're not playing well.

I find all these 'would have, could have, should have' comments to be nonsense.

By our own admission we have lost 11 points away from home and all in games we really should have got more out of...... :dunno:

I know a lot of people take comfort from the fact that we played well in all those games, but I don't see that.

In fact I see the opposite, if we are failing to win games when we playing well, then we have no chance of picking up points when we don't play so well, as will undoubtably happen at some point this season....... :cry:

For me, those games are a clear indication that we need to improve, I am not saying our current position is false, just that at some point other teams will hit good form and we will have to fight to stay in the top two.

Given our form and the quality of our play those 4 results were not good enough, you need to pick up points when you are playing well and we didn't........ :dunno:

You could argue that we got a bit more than we deserved against Boro and Blackpool. Where draws would probably have been fair results.

Of course we need to improve further if we want to cement top spot, because things are very close. But we've already made a giant leap from where we were, to be overly critical about us not being top by more just seems unfair.

Every other team is currently in a worse state than us, expecting lots more at this moment would feel wrong to me.

If you asked Pearson he'd still say we were a work in progress and I'm sure there are areas he'd like to improve, like all fans.

Dave,

Sorry, messed up my reply.

Meant to say, that whiIe I share your frustration that we didn't take our chances, and your belief that we need to continually seek to improve in all aspects of team performance, I disagree with the points I boldened. It doesn't follow that we can't pick up points when we play badly - our fighting team ethic will help us at those times, and we might even sharpen up our finishing too - but it is widely acknowledged that winning when you're playing well isn't exactly essential; it is more often said that what separates winning teams from the not so successful is the ability to pick up points when you're not playing well.

Firstly, there is no evidence, one way or another, of how our current team will react to playing badly, strange thing to say but it hasn't happened yet with this group of players...... :P

To some extend we are all reciting cliches, 'sign of a good team is that you win when you are playing poorly', or my 'need to win when you are playing well' and all the rest.

Reality is that we are doing tremendously well but for me that just 'ups the ante' we need to improve just to stay in the automatics, other teams will, we need to as well.

Archived