Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

L1, K1 &J3

I remember a game last season when he wasn't there. There was hardly any atmosphere - suprising how much difference he makes.

Just goes to show how useless we are unless we are led by a drum! ffs listen to yourselfs!!

I have a number of concerns as to why I don't believe that L/K/J on their own will ever lead to an impressive or enjoyable atmosphere at Filbert Way. In no particular order:

- Tickets are more expensive than the Kop/Family Stand.

- L1 is season ticket only (with a waiting list?) thus limiting the number of casual atmosphere-contributers.

- For whatever reason, it has been consistently outsung this season by pitiful away numbers.

- Considering it's the one true standing area we have, numbers are pretty average (certainly no more than 800 stood this season). Poor that standing doesn't begin at the front, even in big games.

- Obsession with away fans and Sloop John B.

- It's not an end. I'm convinced attacking a bank of vocal fans can make a difference.

- Jobber is not a great drummer, although he is a top bloke and anyone slating him, or the drum, should take a running jump. The drum could be used so much more positively by someone with a good rhythm who takes the time to research how drums are used across the continent and beyond.

- Hugely hypothetical given it's based on legislation changing and the club finding a brain cell but should safe standing ever be introduced by the club, the police would never allow it where L1 currently is,  and so it would have to be at the Kop end. As such, we may as well get used to standing behind a goal.

We'll get nowhere with L/K/J.

I have a number of concerns as to why I don't believe that L/K/J on their own will ever lead to an impressive or enjoyable atmosphere at Filbert Way. In no particular order:

- Tickets are more expensive than the Kop/Family Stand.

- L1 is season ticket only (with a waiting list?) thus limiting the number of casual atmosphere-contributers.

- For whatever reason, it has been consistently outsung this season by pitiful away numbers.

- Considering it's the one true standing area we have, numbers are pretty average (certainly no more than 800 stood this season). Poor that standing doesn't begin at the front, even in big games.

- Obsession with away fans and Sloop John B.

- It's not an end. I'm convinced attacking a bank of vocal fans can make a difference.

- Jobber is not a great drummer, although he is a top bloke and anyone slating him, or the drum, should take a running jump. The drum could be used so much more positively by someone with a good rhythm who takes the time to research how drums are used across the continent and beyond.

- Hugely hypothetical given it's based on legislation changing and the club finding a brain cell but should safe standing ever be introduced by the club, the police would never allow it where L1 currently is,  and so it would have to be at the Kop end. As such, we may as well get used to standing behind a goal.

We'll get nowhere with L/K/J.

So your saying everybody from l1 k1 and j3 should relocate to the kop next season ? ...

So your saying everybody from l1 k1 and j3 should relocate to the kop next season ? ...

You'd never get everyone. There'd always be those that are obsessed with the away fans, and the cynics who believe if you split the standers you'll give the stewards more power.

I can understand that concern but if the rest of the season in L1 was spent raising awareness for next year and a significant number moved to the empty seats in one of the blocks in the Kop, there should be no issue.

Somebody raised a good point about using a cup game as a trial. All those that wished to make some atmosphere could arrange to get a seat in one part of the ground. In the early rounds of the F.A cup the attendance is small so it would be easy to arrange a section for everyne to gather. With a bit of organisation we coud get a couple of hundered together and give it a try to se if it would work. This may convince people to move next season if there is a good chance of decent atmosphere similar to away matches.

numbers would be the key and people would have to be prepared to move away from family and friends who don''t want to sing for this match. I think it's worth a try and we woud see how many are actually wiling to actually do something rather than just moan about atmsphere on here.

[

Didnt really want to bring this up but..... If anyone knows why did the fosse boys sit in the corner of the ground instead of in any of L,k or J block? Surely it would of caught on more in these blocks!?

Simply because there was no room or enough spaces together to initilly get it going in L1, the restriction on being a season ticket holder would also have stopped anyone joining them on an adhoc basis and increasing the numbers quickly. Unfortunately it worked against the group as people percieved they had moved because they didn't like L1 and some even became aggresive towards the group.

Good post..we need songs/chants of old and new..last games atmosphere was awful..the most noise we made was against the ref,which never really helps,but that's a whole new thread..

Here's my idea for Saturdays game v Watford,a chant I posted in the chant thread on an old account that I forgot details..anyways..

To the tune of Elton Johns "I guess that's why they call it the blues"..

"Leicester are scoring"

"From any distance"

"We'll get promotion,cos of persistence"

.."And I guess that's why they call us the Blues"

..to be chanted SLOWLY..not mumbled at 100mph.

Easy to remember..relevant in many ways,Watford/Elton John and in particular..our position!!..we SHOULD be making some serious noise..more chants..more noise.

I think some of the problem is that a lot are nervous about not being top..we've had a pretty damn good start..could've been a lot better BUT..we are where we are..let's not worry what could be..let's just make some feckin noise..whatever the outcome.

I actually really like that. Good shout.

I have moved to L1 this year after years of sitting else where in the king power, and L1 is the best place for atmosphere, as i believe the main vocal support should be near the away fans. After finally getting a season ticket with my son I am surprised how flat the atmosphere can be at times, but compared to elsewhere in the ground L1 is still the best place to be. I am new to the forum but have read a lot on here, the main points have been raised that I have to agree with, first that noise that is played before the game recks any pre match banter/atmosphere. Second, the family stand and kop need swapping, and have your core singers in one area. I am an old pen 2 lad, and when we had all the kop singing together and the east stand joining in, we probably had the best and loudest set of fans in the country, wether we can recreate that at kp I don't know. Sorry if I have posted something that has already said time, and time again but as I said new to the forum

The people who talk about the 'obsession with the away fans' instead of being behind a goal; you do realise the Filbo Kop was next to the away fans don't you?

There are a number of issues with all this:

One is, Im not convinced we've got many committed singers at all. We've got plenty who'll turn up, stand and sing a lot when it suits them, but the majority of those aren't consistently up for it. After attending most home games for a few years I came to this conclusion, we've had several great atmosphere's, plenty of decent ones, but half the time it's dead, with the same people in there. In the last year the good atmospheres have definitely become less frequent. I think this is partly to do with the club's attitude, and partly due to the fans' attitude.

Second of all, organising people isn't very easy. If those in L, K and J move, they're going to want to know the atmosphere is going to be better. That is, if they're that bothered. I'm certainly skeptical. Why would all these lazy, passionless chavs all of a sudden turn into nutjob ultras just because they moved to a different area of the ground? Besides, I like rubbing it in to the away fans. I'd miss the banter.

And where are you going to move them? What part of the ground is empty enough that you could fit enough people to create an atmospere with, without being diluted?

And as mentioned above, remember how quickly the Fosse boys got crushed? It's because they didn't have enough numbers. if you split the current standers (I won't call them singers) in half you DO risk giving the stewards more power.

The biggest question isn't how you're going to organise people but; who are you organising, exactly?

I have moved to L1 this year after years of sitting else where in the king power, and L1 is the best place for atmosphere, as i believe the main vocal support should be near the away fans. After finally getting a season ticket with my son I am surprised how flat the atmosphere can be at times, but compared to elsewhere in the ground L1 is still the best place to be. I am new to the forum but have read a lot on here, the main points have been raised that I have to agree with, first that noise that is played before the game recks any pre match banter/atmosphere. Second, the family stand and kop need swapping, and have your core singers in one area. I am an old pen 2 lad, and when we had all the kop singing together and the east stand joining in, we probably had the best and loudest set of fans in the country, wether we can recreate that at kp I don't know. Sorry if I have posted something that has already said time, and time again but as I said new to the forum

Are u the chap on mm

Haha who gave them that name?

They're just the lads who stand but use most of their vocals for discussing how their accumulators are going, there are some in L and some others in K who spend most of the match on their iphones and wotnot and reading out loud when somebody has scored, seemingly taking little interest in our own game or the atmosphere.

Someone needs a megaphone!

I went to watch Llanelli vs Port Talbot in the Welsh Prem on Saturday, the away end consisted of 25 self-styled Port Talbot 'Ultras', one of whom brought a megaphone along, another brought a drum. They spent the full 90 minutes (watching football that could only have been dreamt up in the deepest depths of hell), non-stop chanting. They managed to get a 25 man poznan going; they were using the megaphone to send direct messages to the Port Talbot manager; they vocally harassed Llanelli substitute Jason Bowen by calling out his name for 30 minutes in a rapey voice; when Port Talbot scored a late winner they had a mini pitch invasion; and at full-time they read out the classified scores.

The bloke with the megaphone just got everyone going, and when the steward tried to take it off them they just passed it around among themselves. It was just brilliant to be reminded how fun supporting your team can be if everyone wants to have a good time and willing to make the effort to join in. Definitely the funniest set of fans I've ever witnessed.

I fear that previous people who were very vocal in L1 and have left for various reasons have now been replaced by people who just want the 'L1 experience'.

The simple fact is, don't get a season ticket in L1 if you're not prepared to sing, all will stand but not all will sing.

Tough to compare this season to previous ones so far.. let's see how it is against Forest.

I fear that previous people who were very vocal in L1 and have left for various reasons have now been replaced by people who just want the 'L1 experience'.

The simple fact is, don't get a season ticket in L1 if you're not prepared to sing, all will stand but not all will sing.

Tough to compare this season to previous ones so far.. let's see how it is against Forest.

I think the same, and I think that's the case with K as well.

Archived