Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc Jordan

Millwall Away!

As a teacher; I admire your commitment to your education, but universities do say you can work up to 16 hours without it impacting upon your degree too much.

There are plenty of shops, especially at this time of year, who would be happy for you to work evening shifts on a temporary Christmas contract of 3-4 hours a night. 5 till 8 wouldn't be too damaging surely?

I don't know, possibly. Maybe I am being a bit too cautious about this, especially if that's what universities are saying and I'm only doing my A-levels at the moment. You've made me reconsider now. lol

Looking at trying to get cheap train tickets for this. Does anyone know the cheapest website where i can buy?

For future reference if you want dirt cheap tickets then start looking 12 weeks beforehand. Then follow the tips on here too. I've got returns from London to Burnley and London to Bristol for about £15 each through that kind of thing.

When we lost 2-0 there was nothing, when we lost 2-1 we did for about 20 minutes, some woman was having a massive argument with the police lol was class.

I was standing right next to her during that! Wasn't she banging on about it being a breach of human rights or something?

For future reference if you want dirt cheap tickets then start looking 12 weeks beforehand. Then follow the tips on heretoo. I've got returns from London to Burnley and London to Bristol for about £15 each through that kind of thing.

I was standing right next to her during that! Wasn't she banging on about it being a breach of human rights or something?

Something along them lines, it was an embarrassment. lol

For future reference if you want dirt cheap tickets then start looking 12 weeks beforehand. Then follow the tips on heretoo. I've got returns from London to Burnley and London to Bristol for about £15 each through that kind of thing.

12 weeks? lol. i've just booked a train ticket for christmas eve for 14 quid. you don't have to look that far in advance.

12 weeks? lol. i've just booked a train ticket for christmas eve for 14 quid. you don't have to look that far in advance.

Well of course you don't, but 12 weeks in advance is when train companies start releasing tickets. If you know you'll be travelling you can get involved. I rarely book twelve week in advance (I think the only time recently was when I did Edinburgh Fringe - London to Edinburgh return for somethinj like £25), but if you can then you might as well.

I did appreciate your example of "I booked an ambiguous train ticket from somewhere to somewhere for £14" though. That's pretty cheap for a ticket from there to there! :thumbup:

Becomes difficult to get the top grades, which require a fairly significant amount of independent study to achieve, if you work those sort of hours.

Good grades are great don't get me wrong and employers will look into your education, your grades and obviously what degree you gain, however it is fact future employers would much rather take experience over peices of paper with top grade after top grade. Obviously I don't know what career you plan to go into, it may be hard to get a part-time job in a path you'd like to take towards career I don't know but if you could attempt to get any part-time job or get your foot in the door in this kind of career do it ASAP, however tenuous try and get a part-time job in the career path you would like to do, it's easier said than done, but you'd be killing 3 birds with one stone - Getting experience, learning towards you degree while you are working and earning money.

It's easier said than done like I said and I know nothing about what you are studying, what you hope to gain and what career path you'd like to go down, this isn't preaching though, it's genuinly trying to advise you.

Well of course you don't, but 12 weeks in advance is when train companies start releasing tickets. If you know you'll be travelling you can get involved. I rarely book twelve week in advance (I think the only time recently was when I did Edinburgh Fringe - London to Edinburgh return for somethinj like £25), but if you can then you might as well.

I did appreciate your example of "I booked an ambiguous train ticket from somewhere to somewhere for £14" though. That's pretty cheap for a ticket from there to there! :thumbup:

don't get uptight youngin. keep that passive aggressiveness to yourself. my ticket was in reference to london to leicester..thought you might work that one out as that's what the thread is about.

Archived