Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc Jordan

Millwall Away!

don't get uptight youngin. keep that passive aggressiveness to yourself. my ticket was in reference to london to leicester..thought you might work that one out as that's what the thread is about.

It wasn't meant to be too uptight, hence the thumb :thumbup: Life's too short to get angry on the Internet :) I never really think about getting tickets to Leicester, the last time I think I went there was the Cardiff play off semi lol

My brother and his friend turned 17 both within a month ago, what are the chances of them being IDed? Would be really harsh, my brother would rather pay £26 and not risk it, but the student in me is screaming blue murder...

My brother and his friend turned 17 both within a month ago, what are the chances of them being IDed? Would be really harsh, my brother would rather pay £26 and not risk it, but the student in me is screaming blue murder...

The vast majority of 17 year olds could easily pass for 15. As long as they're not those freak 17 year olds with massive beards by the time they leave 6th form then I'm sure they'll be fine

Good grades are great don't get me wrong and employers will look into your education, your grades and obviously what degree you gain, however it is fact future employers would much rather take experience over peices of paper with top grade after top grade. Obviously I don't know what career you plan to go into, it may be hard to get a part-time job in a path you'd like to take towards career I don't know but if you could attempt to get any part-time job or get your foot in the door in this kind of career do it ASAP, however tenuous try and get a part-time job in the career path you would like to do, it's easier said than done, but you'd be killing 3 birds with one stone - Getting experience, learning towards you degree while you are working and earning money.

It's easier said than done like I said and I know nothing about what you are studying, what you hope to gain and what career path you'd like to go down, this isn't preaching though, it's genuinly trying to advise you.

Of course having experience in the right field will make a big difference but when the suggestion was that he work in Tesco that's not really going to make that much difference. Obviously, if you have a good degree then you can apply for better graduate schemes but if you don't get a good classification then you're immediately closing doors. Experience or activities outside of education are the deciding factor on grad jobs when the classification is the same.

In fairness though, he did say he was an A-Level student so getting a part-time job really shouldn't affect his grades.

Bottom line is that there should be more ticketing options available to students and young people.

Coming to this on my tod, we all know about Millwalls rep, is wearing the shirt a no go?

It's not like you're gonna not wear a coat and just wear your shirt, you can just keep it covered as it'll be cold ;)

Archived