Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc Jordan

Millwall Away!

Millwall

npower Championship

Date: 15/12/12

Time: 15:00

Prices as follows:

Adults £26

Seniors 60+ £17

Under 16s £13

Under 12s £7

Tickets will go on sale:

Monday 3rd December Priority 1 STH

Tuesday 4th December Priority 2 STH

Wednesday 5th December Priority 3 STH

Thursday 6th December Members

Friday 7th December General Sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel will depart from King Power Stadium at 9:30am.

Season Ticket Holders

Over 18s £20

Under 18s £18

Non Season Ticket Holders

Over 18s £23

Under 18s £21

VERY EXPENSIVE FOR STUDENTS :(

Clearly a ploy to keep young folk away and let us nice old people attend and sit quietly and watch the game.

While it is a bit silly to have 'adults' as 17 years plus, its not like its a bloody conspiracy... I'm sure everyone in their early 20s won't be sitting down with a thermos and sarnie.

I'm a student and I've worked part time every weekday since I was 16. However I still wouldn't pay silly prices when they don't offer the student/U18 category.

I'd imagine you're in a bit of a minority though. What I meant was most students don't have a job, just exaggerated a little.

I'd imagine you're in a bit of a minority though. What I meant was most students don't have a job, just exaggerated a little.

Most students I've ever known have had a job at the time of studying.

Then again I didn't tend to hang around with any posh types...

Only you personally can change this for yourself (Along with the others who don't have a job).

You have two choices - Get a job and afford more things or don't get a job and don't afford things.

Welcome to adult life.

Reckon i'm going for this, just trying to work out trains now, quite cheap on London Midland but am I right in saying you are restricted to times on London Midland? (Which is a worry if you are stuck in the ground after the game). Its been a while since i've been to a London away forgot the craic. lol

And for people who have been to Millwall in the past, am I right in saying you need to go to South Bermondsey? Which is about 37 minutes for Euston. Is that a rail line? Can you use an Oyster card on that route? Or is there a way of tubing it?

Only you personally can change this for yourself (Along with the others who don't have a job).

You have two choices - Get a job and afford more things or don't get a job and don't afford things.

Welcome to adult life.

Reckon i'm going for this, just trying to work out trains now, quite cheap on London Midland but am I right in saying you are restricted to times on London Midland? (Which is a worry if you are stuck in the ground after the game). Its been a while since i've been to a London away forgot the craic. lol

And for people who have been to Millwall in the past, am I right in saying you need to go to South Bermondsey? Which is about 37 minutes for Euston. Is that a rail line? Can you use an Oyster card on that route? Or is there a way of tubing it?

Yeah SB. You can use your oyster too.

The last London Midland train is 18:46....should make it back to Euston in time for that.

Welcome to adult life.

I'm choosing to remain unemployed presently because I feel a job would get in the way of my studies and worsen my prospects of work in the future.

I'm not some layabout who refuses to work due to lack of effort. I've made a concious decision to prioritise long-term income over short-term income, one that I feel is a very sensible choice to make. As such, I don't appreciate it when I am categorised as an adult as people of my age are far less likely to be in the same position in terms of work as someone fifteen years older, the fact that youth unemployment is, and always will be, higher than actual unemployment rather proves my point.

I'm choosing to remain unemployed presently because I feel a job would get in the way of my studies and worsen my prospects of work in the future.

I'm not some layabout who refuses to work due to lack of effort. I've made a concious decision to prioritise long-term income over short-term income, one that I feel is a very sensible choice to make. As such, I don't appreciate it when I am categorised as an adult as people of my age are far less likely to be in the same position in terms of work as someone fifteen years older, the fact that youth unemployment is, and always will be, higher than actual unemployment rather proves my point.

Not being funny then mate, but if having a Saturday job is going to affect your studies then surely a day out at the football would do more so? Personally never had a problem working part-time and studying at the same time and would've struggled to survive had I not done so, but takes all sorts I guess...

Not being funny then mate, but if having a Saturday job is going to affect your studies then surely a day out at the football would do more so? Personally never had a problem working part-time and studying at the same time and would've struggled to survive had I not done so, but takes all sorts I guess...

A Saturday job would use up more time than football overall I think but admittedly this was something I looked into. Weekday jobs didn't appeal to me at all but I wouldn't have minded a working on Saturdays. In any case it still holds true that students, teenagers etc. are less likely to have a job than adults so I simply disagree with the idea of charging them the same price.

What VB said.

Surely you can fit 12-16 hours in around your studies? Even if it's a job in Tesco shelf stacking, every little helps.

Yeah. I went there.

Becomes difficult to get the top grades, which require a fairly significant amount of independent study to achieve, if you work those sort of hours.

Becomes difficult to get the top grades, which require a fairly significant amount of independent study to achieve, if you work those sort of hours.

As a teacher; I admire your commitment to your education, but universities do say you can work up to 16 hours without it impacting upon your degree too much.

There are plenty of shops, especially at this time of year, who would be happy for you to work evening shifts on a temporary Christmas contract of 3-4 hours a night. 5 till 8 wouldn't be too damaging surely?

Archived