Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

Has St Ledger conceded a penalty this season?

Has St Ledger been sent off this season?

Has St Ledger made mistakes in league games this season?

It's hard to do any of that when you're earning a scandalous amount of money laying on the physio's treatment table.

Has St Ledger conceded a penalty this season?

Has St Ledger been sent off this season?

and that would make him a better player?

Bolger didn't concede a peno or get sent off he must be the best player we have.

why did we sell him?

Whitbread is a better player than SSL

You reckon! How many games have we gone unbeaten since Whitbread's been out of the side? Seven and during that time we've returned to the top two, played well or reasonably well in most of them and conceded just three goals while scoring 17.

Persuasive statistics to me. I never rated Whitbread from the first time I saw him in the shameful defeat by Burton Albion. And nothing has changed my mind since. Defenders who habitually waste possession are a liability in any football, let alone at Championship level and higher and that's without considering his unforced errors that highlight his unreliabilty.

St Leger's not the greatest by any means - and being endlessly injured is no use to anyone except the medical staff - but when he did grace us with his presence he rarely struck me as being as bad as Whitbread, though yes, there was one notable exception and one or two other games when "Ledge" was less than convincing.

Neither are really worth the shirt here.

and that would make him a better player?

Bolger didn't concede a peno or get sent off he must be the best player we have.

why did we sell him?

Because there was no room for him in the team, has Bolger played a league game for us this season...No

So why mention him?

It's hard to do any of that when you're earning a scandalous amount of money laying on the physio's treatment table.

When played though, can you count any real mistakes which have cost us goals in the League this season?

Whitbread has made loads of mistakes for us this season, St Ledger hasn't, so how does that make Whitbread better?

He was one of our better players towards the end of last season, and when played this season he has been excellent, had Paterson for Burnley in his pocket

Other than causing their goal and being utterly useless for the first half... yeah great.

Other than causing their goal and being utterly useless for the first half... yeah great.

Game as a whole he was good in my opinion, you can partly blame Konchesky for the goal aswell, for not getting close enough.

Game as a whole he was good in my opinion, you can partly blame Konchesky for the goal aswell, for not getting close enough.

St Ledger was far more culpable for that goal. In fact, if we hadn't won that game Nigel could well have been for the chop as we would have lost 5 out of 6 and the Redknapp rumours doing the rounds.

Fortunately, thanks to a Vardy goal and assist we won.

St Ledger was far more culpable for that goal. In fact, if we hadn't won that game Nigel could well have been for the chop as we would have lost 5 out of 6 and the Redknapp rumours doing the rounds.

Fortunately, thanks to a Vardy goal and assist we won.

But from that Burnley win, with St Ledger in the side we went on a five match winning run.

But from that Burnley win, with St Ledger in the side we went on a five match winning run.

I think even you'd be troubled to claim that was down to St Ledger. He was at fault for the Hull goal in the next game too, when he was caught in no mans land and let the cross come in, as well as being part of the defence that shipped 4 to Burton. I wouldn't say he covered himself in glory that night.

I certainly think Nigel will be looking to strengthen the left centre back position if we get promoted.

Has St Ledger performed well in the Premier League in his career?

Doesn't matter if St Ledger hasn't played in the Premier League, doesn't matter if Whitbread has.

It's how they play for Leicester, is what we should be bothered about, Whitbread has made more mistakes than St Ledger this season, and been probably our worst defender.

Archived