Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

To be fair, I don't think that Whitbread has been fit since being with us. He's only ever been a 20-25 game a season player due to fitness issues. I think he would be a top defender otherwise.

I don't think Pearson is the type of manager to allow players to play unless they are 100% fit - match rusty yes, but I do think he has been fit and I stand by my original statement that I've been a little disappointed with his performances having played Premier League football last year.

You are missing the point that he can play at both full back positions and even as a defensive midfielder if required.

Great addition especially in the face of pointless trips to Huddersfield where injury and fatigue could come into play.

I haven't missed any points - I'm simply not convinced he's good enough. Besides, I can only find evidence of him ever playing as CB or (very occasionally) RB.

If we go for him I have faith that big Nige knows what he's doing, but I still reserve the right to be reserved about the idea of him coming here. Capiche?

Baptiste is quality imo and better than all but Morgan. He would make a strong pairing with Wes imo. He could also play full back if required. Whitbread hasn't impressed me tbh and Sean seems to be constantly injured.

Baptiste if available should be signed. There are question marks over both Whitbread and SSL's fitness long term and although Kenae is highly rated, he isn't ours. Therefore, if a quality defender becomes available then we must pursue it. Blackpool cannot seriously expect more than a million for him as they'll get nothing in the summer and it's not as if they are going to get promoted this season. I can see this going down to the wire at the end of Jan and we'll be in the mix to get him.

To be fair, I don't think that Whitbread has been fit since being with us. He's only ever been a 20-25 game a season player due to fitness issues. I think he would be a top defender otherwise.

Fit or unfit he is still a hoof merchant who clearly has no idea how to pass the ball out of defence. If you think he is a top defender that is your opinion but I doubt whether you will see much more of him in a city shirt.

Would Baptiste be better than Morgan or SSL or Whitbread? I don't think so.

Voted player of season once and in top three other two years in a promotion chasing, promotion winning and prem team. SSL and Whitbread wouldn't be in our top 10 players let alone top 3 at the moment. So yes he could well be better than them.

Voted player of season once and in top three other two years in a promotion chasing, promotion winning and prem team. SSL and Whitbread wouldn't be in our top 10 players let alone top 3 at the moment. So yes he could well be better than them.

Using facts now are we? Someone find me some facts that back up my inital view!

Using facts now are we? Someone find me some facts that back up my inital view!

He could be shit... But I remember the same things said about Morgan being no better than Mills, Bamba and SSL, and we all know what happened there!

He could be shit... But I remember the same things said about Morgan being no better than Mills, Bamba and SSL, and we all know what happened there!

In fairness, wasn't Mills player of the season before he joined us or am I spouting bollocks?

This thread is getting very Maynard-esque.

Hello Blackpool fans, look at your club, now back at ours, now back at your club, now back to ours. Sadly, your club isn't ours, but if it stopped being a little whiny bitch and brought in some dodgy foreign owners it could be like us.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in the King Power Stadium supporting a club your club could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a transfer request from Alex Baptiste. Look again, Alex Baptiste has now been sold. Anything is possible when your club is as massive as ours.

We're on a horse.

Hello Blackpool fans, look at your club, now back at ours, now back at your club, now back to ours. Sadly, your club isn't ours, but if it stopped being a little whiny bitch and brought in some dodgy foreign owners it could be like us.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in the King Power Stadium supporting a club your club could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a transfer request from Alex Baptiste. Look again, Alex Baptiste has now been sold. Anything is possible when your club is as massive as ours.

We're on a horse.

Great stuff lol I certainly remember that..

Thank god we never paid that, what is Maynard doing now...

Just to point out that Maynard is at Cardiff City who are top of the league at present. Unfortunately for him he is out for the season with cruciate knee ligaments problems.

Just to point out that Maynard is at Cardiff City who are top of the league at present. Unfortunately for him he is out for the season with cruciate knee ligaments problems.

Thought he was still at West Ham, but you are indeed right to point that out, still not worth 6 million anyway. Dodged a bullet there..

Thought he was still at West Ham, but you are indeed right to point that out, still not worth 6 million anyway. Dodged a bullet there..

Totally agree, particularly considering we've only paid £1.25mil up front for Chris Wood

Archived