Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

I have been told we made a 2nd bid for Baptiste but despite this Blackpool did not want to let him go. At that point our attention turned to Gorkss but Reading also did not want to release the player.

Expecting us to go into the loan market for a CM but that's just my theory it's not based on any known facts!

I have been told we made a 2nd bid for Baptiste but despite this Blackpool did not want to let him go. At that point our attention turned to Gorkss but Reading also did not want to release the player.

Expecting us to go into the loan market for a CM but that's just my theory it's not based on any known facts!

We'll get him in the summer.

I will need my Kleenex for Saturday 4th of May.

When St Ledger scores the winner against Forest, which gives us promotion.

Auto places will be decided by then. Ledge sadly is currently behind Morgan, Keane and Whitbread in the pecking order.

Hate to break this to you kingfox but SSL is the most average centre half you are ever likely to see. He epitomises the whole Sven era, paying too much for an average player on a hefty wage. Against any player with any pace or strength (e.g Maynard last season) he gets shown up to lack the quality needed. Says alot that he is 28 and never played regurlarly above bottom half championship level.

Hate to break this to you kingfox but SSL is the most average centre half you are ever likely to see. He epitomises the whole Sven era, paying too much for an average player on a hefty wage. Against any player with any pace or strength (e.g Maynard last season) he gets shown up to lack the quality needed. Says alot that he is 28 and never played regurlarly above bottom half championship level.

He has been injured though this season, I like his qualities, I just prefer players who like to bring the ball out, put their bodies on the line, have good heading accuracy and can find midfielders with good passes, and St Ledger does all those things well in my opinion. He isn't a no nonsense defender who just clears at every given opportunity, and hoofs it.

He was one of our better players towards the end of last season, and when played this season he has been excellent, had Paterson for Burnley in his pocket, as well as the likes of McDonald of Middlesbrough at their ground, a striker with pace.

Maynard gave him a tough time, but that was on his debut, he has improved since then, I can only record one more player he has really struggled against with pace, and that was Sam Baldock at West Ham away last season, he gave St Ledger a torrid time.

How can Ledge be behind Whitbread?!

Keane is understandable, but I'd like to see them rotate when Ledge is match fit.

I don't think we need Baptiste to be honest.

Probably because Whitbread has had a lot more game time this season. I personally think SSL is better, but wouldn't throw him straight back in - especially if we're still winning with Keane & Morgan.

Surely defensively from best to worse it goes:- Morgan, Keane, SSL, Whitbread; however to give Zak his due, he has been a class act for other clubs he has played for such as Millwall and Norwich. Same old adage though that when some players come here, they're not as good as they were previously. That is not to say that ZW is poor however.

Whitbread is so much better than St Ledger. Those who disagree should limit their football viewing to League 1, because quite obviously, anything above that is beyond their understanding.

Has St Ledger conceded a penalty this season?

Has St Ledger been sent off this season?

Has St Ledger made mistakes in league games this season?

Archived