Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

Do we really need to sign him now? I think we should wait and see what happens at the end of the season. Is he available, is he the right price? If Nige wants him and gets him, I'll support that. I've not seen loads of him. He looked "decent" in the games he played in the Prem and is versatile. Not the biggest so we'd lose a bit of height at the back and I like that about Zak - dominating in the air. If only told him to stop hoofing it! How hard can that be to tell someone to not hoof?!?!!?

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton is currently 1/4 to be the next Blackburn boss. :blink:

Very weird, unless he's had a massive falling out with Oyston over players leaving and money.

He's one of those managers (like the guy a MK Dons) who gets linked with every job for no apparent reason.

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton is currently 1/4 to be the next Blackburn boss. :blink:

Very weird, unless he's had a massive falling out with Oyston over players leaving and money.

Why is he so in demand?

Seems to be happy doing what he is doing to me. I'm sure he could have taken another job by now if he wanted one.

Yeah, I know. Which is why I used Babylon's reasoning of 'being linked for no apparent reason'...

hes cheap and desperate to get away from a control freak

Blackburn probably wouldn't be the best place to go then. That Shebby Singh chap is a right weirdo and has some pretty odd ideas. Was probably only a joke but I'm sure I saw he was actually on the short list to their next manager himself!

Deal back on for Baptiste I have been told, player wants to come here, being delayed by managerial merry go round at Blackpool

Do we really need him? we have Keane now who is performing admirably with St Ledger and Whitbread to come back into the fold unless he is going to be deployed as a holding midfielder.

Do we really need him? we have Keane now who is performing admirably with St Ledger and Whitbread to come back into the fold unless he is going to be deployed as a holding midfielder.

keane loan deal is not yet 100% complete, SSL could go and the holding midfielder appeals to the coaching staff. He is also a leader and we are going to need leaders in the run in

keane loan deal is not yet 100% complete, SSL could go and the holding midfielder appeals to the coaching staff. He is also a leader and we are going to need leaders in the run in

Fair enough, with regards to St Ledger we would be daft to let him leave as he imo was in better form than Whitbread prior to his injury. Hope we can finalize the Keane loan deal to the end of the season, any news on Trotter or is that dead in the water?

Fair enough, with regards to St Ledger we would be daft to let him leave as he imo was in better form than Whitbread prior to his injury. Hope we can finalize the Keane loan deal to the end of the season, any news on Trotter or is that dead in the water?

They will listen to offers for SSL - because of his high wages.

I was told yesterday the deal for Keane is 95% complete. The only thing I know on Trotter is that we approached Milwall before Xmas and were told to sling our hook! For me he's a good fit because he can play left back too but I guess Milwall have done a Hull on us after we knicked Wood from under their noses!

They will listen to offers for SSL - because of his high wages.

I was told yesterday the deal for Keane is 95% complete. The only thing I know on Trotter is that we approached Milwall before Xmas and were told to sling our hook! For me he's a good fit because he can play left back too but I guess Milwall have done a Hull on us after we knicked Wood from under their noses!

Wages isn't the main thing why they'll listen to offers though....

Don't think that sometimes they're too happy with his banter/professionalism.

Archived