Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Did you think MON would do that after 13 games?

Hardly vitriol anyway.

No i wasn't really referring to you on the vitriol .... think you're quite reasonable with your language and debate - however much i disagree with your opinion!!!!

the fact is that MON DID do it after 13 games ..... he had a shocking start and then a great run and you could really see a difference in the side.

Ahhhh so we can only go on recent form. Well if we twist it like that we lost against Cardiff and drew today.... So recent form has improved.

Yeah and you're presumably delighted and going on a happy clapping celebration as we gained a point despite not scoring for 3 games.

the fact is that MON DID do it after 13 games ..... he had a shocking start and then a great run and you could really see a difference in the side.

Surely you can see that it's possible that Pearson will turn it around in the same way. For that reason alone you should want him to be given more time. Yes the last 13 games have been dissapointing, but in the 13 before that we exceeded expectations, and with players like Chris Wood probably now joining the club, I don't see why anyone would want to get rid of the manager who has us in, what I'm sure you'd admit is, a pretty reasonable position. You talk about having high expectation, but I'm pretty sure that you predicted we wouldn't do as well as we have so far, Pearson is already exceeding what you thought he was capable of, so why are you so sure he can't do it again?

I don't particularly like what i hear of him as a person or manager, he seems to be weak and insecure and thrive off bullying an interviewer rather than communicate with the fans that pay his wages.

You don't know him, I doubt you've ever met him. You can't comment on what he's like as a person because you only here interviews from a managerial perspective, his ex-team mates don't seem to think he's this dull bully that you seem to think he is. He doesn't bully Stringer, he gets asked some stupid questions and doesn't pretend they're anything but stupid questions. He does communicate with the fans, but his first aim is to do what is best for the fans, if talking about interest in a player is going to see his price tag raised, then Pearson isn't going to do it because he knows in the long run that it's best for the fans that the player joins for the best achievable price.

But more importantly than all of that, why does anyone care what he's like in interviews?

I love seeing Leicester do well, I hate seeing us do badly. Whatever our manager says after a game, I am going to be dissapointed after a loss and ecstatic after a win. I don't see why anyone would react any differently.

Surely you can see that it's possible that Pearson will turn it around in the same way. For that reason alone you should want him to be given more time. Yes the last 13 games have been dissapointing, but in the 13 before that we exceeded expectations, and with players like Chris Wood probably now joining the club, I don't see why anyone would want to get rid of the manager who has us in, what I'm sure you'd admit is, a pretty reasonable position. You talk about having high expectation, but I'm pretty sure that you predicted we wouldn't do as well as we have so far, Pearson is already exceeding what you thought he was capable of, so why are you so sure he can't do it again?

With the resources at his disposal we should be challenging for automatic promotion. I am not suggesting getting rid of him just yet ... but a week into january - 4 games time - if we are still in the same form then we will have been in relegation form for 16 games over a 1/3rd of the season. The window will be closing and we'll need someone in charge that stands a chance of promotion. I just don't think NP would change that form around - he'll have lost the faith of one or all of the owners / players / fans by that stage.

If he wins 3 of those games - happy days - he's turned it around and kept hold of his job for the rest of the season.

With the resources at his disposal we should be challenging for automatic promotion.

Really?

He's cut costs, and we weren't exactly going places under Sven last year, but I believe (though I can't be sure), you like me, wanted to see Sven get the rest of the season in charge. We've spent less, heck we've cut costs, but you seem to expect more?

Sack him now and our seasons over, we need a strong, decent centre mid, and just a striker that can bang the ball in the net.

Judge at the end of this season, then we can sack him.

You don't know him, I doubt you've ever met him. You can't comment on what he's like as a person because you only here interviews from a managerial perspective, his ex-team mates don't seem to think he's this dull bully that you seem to think he is. He doesn't bully Stringer, he gets asked some stupid questions and doesn't pretend they're anything but stupid questions. He does communicate with the fans, but his first aim is to do what is best for the fans, if talking about interest in a player is going to see his price tag raised, then Pearson isn't going to do it because he knows in the long run that it's best for the fans that the player joins for the best achievable price.

But more importantly than all of that, why does anyone care what he's like in interviews?

I love seeing Leicester do well, I hate seeing us do badly. Whatever our manager says after a game, I am going to be dissapointed after a loss and ecstatic after a win. I don't see why anyone would react any differently.

Really?? And yet you seem to think this relegation form is good enough???

I care what he's like in interviews because I am a fan of the club and pay his wages. I think his arrogance and and refusing to answer simple questions is childish.

What do you do to change things at Burnley??

sensible question......

"win the game"

Petulant, arrogant, childish answer.

Really?

He's cut costs, and we weren't exactly going places under Sven last year, but I believe (though I can't be sure), you like me, wanted to see Sven get the rest of the season in charge. We've spent less, heck we've cut costs, but you seem to expect more?

Therein lies the answer ..... we sacked Sven for achieving the same ...... we sacked him because it wasn't good enough. Why is it now good enough to be 6th and dropping like a stone with 12 points in 33???

I do think Sven was sacked too early.. And I think right now is too early for NP to be sacked ..... but 4 games time and I'd have no problem at all with it if he hasn't changed things.

we don't need a new manager we need transfer windows. The eriksson clear out is almost complete. danns and beckford out on loan and will be gone for good in the summer. Konchesky will be next. In the windows nigels had he's added championship experiance and young talent. His next phase in the transfer window is to add another striker! which is going to be doing with wood tomorrow by the looks of it and add more experiance in midfield. He's so far built a very young midfield. Players play in the prime between the ages of 25 to 31 ish! Meaning the likes of drinkwater,marshall,james and knockeart needing another 3 to 4 years before hitting that stage in there careers. In the mean time Nigel needs to add an experianced midfielder. Which he already tried to do by going after robert koren when he first arrived back here. He know's what he's doing. Keep the faith,give time and the foxes will prosper

The unfortunate thing for NP is that he only has a week or so with his new players in Jan before a decision about his future would have to be made if it's going to be made this season. It may therefore be irrelevant who he signs, which would be a shame.

Form is temporary.

I'm not happy with it, but based on his good managerial record, our recent history without him and the improvements we've already seen from last year, I don't think we're anywhere near the stage where we should think about getting rid of him.

Therein lies the answer ..... we sacked Sven for achieving the same ...... we sacked him because it wasn't good enough. Why is it now good enough to be 6th and dropping like a stone with 12 points in 33???

I do think Sven was sacked too early.. And I think right now is too early for NP to be sacked ..... but 4 games time and I'd have no problem at all with it if he hasn't changed things.

I think Sven should have got the season (though the owners made a brilliant appointment so I was eventually quite happy with the decision). We did not at all achieve the same under Sven, being outside the top 6 regularly is not the same as being in the top 6 regularly.

The unfortunate thing for NP is that he only has a week or so with his new players in Jan before a decision about his future would have to be made if it's going to be made this season. It may therefore be irrelevant who he signs, which would be a shame.

I don't get this, if you think Nigel should be allowed to make the signings in January, then surely he should be given the rest of the season with the players he's just brought. Why would you sack him in 4 games time if you think that he should have more than a week or two with new signings.

Form is temporary.

I'm not happy with it, but based on his good managerial record, our recent history without him and the improvements we've already seen from last year, I don't think we're anywhere near the stage where we should think about getting rid of him.

I think Sven should have got the season (though the owners made a brilliant appointment so I was eventually quite happy with the decision). We did not at all achieve the same under Sven, being outside the top 6 regularly is not the same as being in the top 6 regularly.

I don't get this, if you think Nigel should be allowed to make the signings in January, then surely he should be given the rest of the season with the players he's just brought. Why would you sack him in 4 games time if you think that he should have more than a week or two with new signings.

He should be allowed to sign them because if he's not backed then he may as well be sacked straight away. ..... I don't think he'll get more than 4 games if this form continues, so he'll get 2 or 3 games with the new players if he signs them quickly.

Think about it ..... this form that noone would have predicted 12 games ago is seeing us pick up around a point a game ..... if that continues to the end of jan that would see us exactly mid table - 6 games time in Wolves position now.

Surely even his biggest fan would call time then???

But then it's too late to give the new manager a crack in the market - so you may as well give NP the season - if it looks like he's continuing with this form that would be a relegation scare!!!! the Thais wouldn't be that patient.

I care what he's like in interviews because I am a fan of the club and pay his wages. I think his arrogance and and refusing to answer simple questions is childish.

What do you do to change things at Burnley??

sensible question......

"win the game"

Petulant, arrogant, childish answer.

Or he could answer truthfully giving tactics away. Thatd be brilliant.

****in hell hes not on a chat show.

Quite shocking 39 people want him out..

For the record I'm not one ..... It's going to be fascinating how that changes as the games go by though .... assuming the mods don't delete it like last time.

Would it look completely different if this form continued for say 23 games?? Half the season??? Would that still be "form" or something more permanent?

Look at how hilarious/shocking the footballing world see SOD's departure. Pearson would be even more ridiculous...

His side had just played well in a 4-2 win ..... you know, scoring four goals ..... not going 3 games without a goal and picking up one point. I'm not sure it's the same at all.

Yes he has got 2 points less than NP .... and yes it's ridiculous he's been sacked ...... but what makes it more ridiculous is it coming after that game.

For the record I'm not one ..... It's going to be fascinating how that changes as the games go by though .... assuming the mods don't delete it like last time.

Would it look completely different if this form continued for say 23 games?? Half the season??? Would that still be "form" or something more permanent?

Realistically though it wouldn't last that long, not with the squad we've got and the position we're in. I believe we'll get out of the rut and i'm fully behind Pearson and the players.

Archived