Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

weve lost 8 games in half of a season . this might turn into losing 16 games in a season if we stay in this form . who in their right mind can think thats promotion material , a good teams form or a managers plus point when himself being a defender and it being pearsons squad ? i wouldnt sack pearson but the faults he has are glaring faults for all to see. his substitutions in games etc etc . we are just lucky most other teams/managers aren't fantastic too !

weve lost 8 games in half of a season . this might turn into losing 16 games in a season if we stay in this form . who in their right mind can think thats promotion material , a good teams form or a managers plus point when himself being a defender and it being pearsons squad ? i wouldnt sack pearson but the faults he has are glaring faults for all to see. his substitutions in games etc etc . we are just lucky most other teams/managers aren't fantastic too !

8 losses isn't to bad, Cardiff are top and they have lost 6, if we only lost 8 in the second half of the season we would make P/O!

Actually yes i do read things :P , i wondered when Gradel would get a mention.

Also we were better than what he wrote, King had three chances alone in the penalty box during the match one on one with the keeper and shot wide, toe poked and finally blasted straight at the keeper and even when the keeper wasnt there to save from us and we shot wide etc., a defender did a great headed clearance off the line.

The only mistake Pearson has made with us from my viewpoint is having a weak strikeforce but that was down to taking a chance on Vardy and probably not being able to sell Becks.

We rely far to much on Nugent for my liking.

"The only mistake Pearson has made with us...." my life he makes more mistakes in a single match than you acknowledge in his time here. You even confirm as much yourself when you describe how we rely too much on Nugent.

Hasn't he got Futacs as an alternative, or his beloved Waghorn, or even the long-forgotten Schlupp?

And, if none of those are good enough, despite his having therefore made the three mistakes of putting them in his squad, why not use a different system and pass our way through the opposition instead of making another glaring mistake of floating far too many final balls onto the imaginary heads of people who have no chance of reaching them.

Don't get me wrong - all managers make mistakes. But Pearson annoys me for making the same mistakes and for failing to put important weaknesses right - like scoring more than occasionally from free-kicks.

We've no chance of winning automatic promotion persisting with a self-imposed handicap like that and we'll have little chance of winning the play-offs either unless we change, and broaden our thinking while we're at it.

"The only mistake Pearson has made with us...." my life he makes more mistakes in a single match than you acknowledge in his time here. You even confirm as much yourself when you describe how we rely too much on Nugent.

Hasn't he got Futacs as an alternative, or his beloved Waghorn, or even the long-forgotten Schlupp?

And, if none of those are good enough, despite his having therefore made the three mistakes of putting them in his squad, why not use a different system and pass our way through the opposition instead of making another glaring mistake of floating far too many final balls onto the imaginary heads of people who have no chance of reaching them.

Don't get me wrong - all managers make mistakes. But Pearson annoys me for making the same mistakes and for failing to put important weaknesses right - like scoring more than occasionally from free-kicks.

We've no chance of winning automatic promotion persisting with a self-imposed handicap like that and we'll have little chance of winning the play-offs either unless we change, and broaden our thinking while we're at it.

Wouldn't worry about anything.

With Konchesky in the team again, we're severely & unnecessarily self-imposed limiting ourselves anyway.

No pace on left defensive side again today.

Whitbread+Konchesky are so one paced, we'll get skinned down that side time & time again as well as not benefiting from by being able to break with speed on the counter, which is what rolling the ball out to Schlupp gained us with Dyer in front of him.

Roll a ball out to Konchesky, he'll get towards the halfway line and then launch a diagonal ball into the edge of the opposition box which invariably breaks down as all 3 of a our 1st choice forwards Nugent, Vardy & Waghorn work best with balls to run on to.

The one thing that might benefit us & could be today's saving grace is that it looks like we're not playing two up front, which hasn't bore much fruit away from home.

Typed two responses to Thrac now and the page has screwed up on me twice :xmasangry: fed up now and am not typing all that again.

Our play creates numerous chances that even King is fluffing at present, so why change it just because the strikers are not upto the task and as for the strikers, Vardy was a gamble that is not paying off, Futacs was a freebie who also appears to not be upto much which leaves Waggy and Becks, Waggy was bought by Soussa and i doubt we would get our money back plus he is an adequate squad player and Becks has not done it for Sven, Nige and Everton wanted rid so good ridance to him if we can find some mug to buy him :)

The one standout signing he made in the summer was Knocky and he is french :ph34r:

5th in the table. Playing well the majority of times. Settled players moulded in Pearsons way. Sack Pearson? New manager change team to his way. Halway through season. Remaining games to improve and still finish in playoffs or higher.

Weigh the pro's and cons before voting. I know which option will be favoured if the voters take the sensible approach.

How's about the 10% who said "yes" here piss off and go watch Hinckley instead then?

That will sort a number of issues:

. It'll leave the fanbase united.

. Those complaining about Pearson's style can compare it to non-league relegation scrap hoofball on waterlogged pitches.

. Those who think that being in 5th is a disaster worthy of Pearson's sacking can see a team in REAL shit.

. It'll get money into Hinckley Utd. and ultimately help their cause, even if it leaves them with a fanbase of pedantic, miserable bastards.

. I won't have to come on here and hear that 10% repeat the same BS every time we lose, and then mysteriously disappear when we win.

Seriously, get on board or piss off. :xmasangry:

8 losses isn't to bad, Cardiff are top and they have lost 6, if we only lost 8 in the second half of the season we would make P/O!

If that's the limit of our ambition we've got no chance!

Defeat - any defeat - should be a dirty word in a professional sports set-up. A word that stays in the vocabulary of the opposition.

I wouldn't want eight defeats in a season let alone half...and if there were signs of it happening there'd be training mornings, afternoons and on Christmas Day as well if necessary.

Think about it and think about what training is all about? It's about one thing. Winning the next game. So you work on things to achieve that. You work on scoring more goals than the opposition - every possible way of scoring lots of goals. You'd set out to break records for the goals you scored and you'd work on keeping the ball to that very end.

That would serve to protect your own goal in any case because - if you've got the ball - it's mighty difficult for the opposition to score at all.

Don Revie understood that. His Leeds team kept the ball for ages. Over 100 passes on occasions. Ten yards this way, 15 yards that, backwards, forwards, sidewards and almost always quickly, using one touch or two.

The cardinal sin was losing the ball. Yet we give it away like it's infectious. Not because of an instant, blistering challenge. But like a Christmas donation to the poor.

I sometimes wonder if Whitbread is colour blind cos there's no guessing which team will receive any of his passes, especially the headers. Knockaert's the same. He heads down so many blind alleys he'd take the ball down the players tunnel if it was left there for the match.

I've also love to see some stats on our right back's final ball...and how many times it's gone straight to the opposition. In our club, the final ball seems to be more about hope than accuracy, yet it should be the most precise.

We should work too on getting players into the box. You hear managers talk about attackers "arriving late" but we've gone too far - ours don't get there at all in many cases. There were glaring illustrations against Cardiff where people just didn't bust their lungs on the off chance something might materialise.

We might talk about people "wanting it enough" but my eyes see that some players don't want it at all.

Sixteen defeats in a season acceptable? One defeat almost every three games?. Sounds like the stuff of nightmares to me.

If that's the limit of our ambition we've got no chance!

Defeat - any defeat - should be a dirty word in a professional sports set-up. A word that stays in the vocabulary of the opposition.

I wouldn't want eight defeats in a season let alone half...and if there were signs of it happening there'd be training mornings, afternoons and on Christmas Day as well if necessary.

Think about it and think about what training is all about? It's about one thing. Winning the next game. So you work on things to achieve that. You work on scoring more goals than the opposition - every possible way of scoring lots of goals. You'd set out to break records for the goals you scored and you'd work on keeping the ball to that very end.

That would serve to protect your own goal in any case because - if you've got the ball - it's mighty difficult for the opposition to score at all.

Don Revie understood that. His Leeds team kept the ball for ages. Over 100 passes on occasions. Ten yards this way, 15 yards that, backwards, forwards, sidewards and almost always quickly, using one touch or two.

The cardinal sin was losing the ball. Yet we give it away like it's infectious. Not because of an instant, blistering challenge. But like a Christmas donation to the poor.

I sometimes wonder if Whitbread is colour blind cos there's no guessing which team will receive any of his passes, especially the headers. Knockaert's the same. He heads down so many blind alleys he'd take the ball down the players tunnel if it was left there for the match.

I've also love to see some stats on our right back's final ball...and how many times it's gone straight to the opposition. In our club, the final ball seems to be more about hope than accuracy, yet it should be the most precise.

We should work too on getting players into the box. You hear managers talk about attackers "arriving late" but we've gone too far - ours don't get there at all in many cases. There were glaring illustrations against Cardiff where people just didn't bust their lungs on the off chance something might materialise.

We might talk about people "wanting it enough" but my eyes see that some players don't want it at all.

Sixteen defeats in a season acceptable? One defeat almost every three games?. Sounds like the stuff of nightmares to me.

Zackleh.

Pearson out.

How's about the 10% who said "yes" here piss off and go watch Hinckley instead then?

That will sort a number of issues:

. It'll leave the fanbase united.

. Those complaining about Pearson's style can compare it to non-league relegation scrap hoofball on waterlogged pitches.

. Those who think that being in 5th is a disaster worthy of Pearson's sacking can see a team in REAL shit.

. It'll get money into Hinckley Utd. and ultimately help their cause, even if it leaves them with a fanbase of pedantic, miserable bastards.

. I won't have to come on here and hear that 10% repeat the same BS every time we lose, and then mysteriously disappear when we win.

Seriously, get on board or piss off. :xmasangry:

In short no one is allowed an opinion that runs contrary to your own ? No you piss off. :xmasangry:

There seems to be something quite significant which has been largely forgotten about, particularly in this thread.

The referee.

We should be 6 or 7 points better off than we are now so that would put us right up there. Recently, luck has had a habit of evading us, not necessarily down to the standard of refereeing though, but that part did damage to us long before our recent string of bad performances.

It would be interesting to see how the standard of refereeing has been in Cardiff's run of games of late. Or even Hull's.

There seems to be something quite significant which has been largely forgotten about, particularly in this thread.

The referee.

We should be 6 or 7 points better off than we are now so that would put us right up there. Recently, luck has had a habit of evading us, not necessarily down to the standard of refereeing though, but that part did damage to us long before our recent string of bad performances.

It would be interesting to see how the standard of refereeing has been in Cardiff's run of games of late. Or even Hull's.

That's it ..... the final nail in his coffin ...... once the referee card has been played there is no return for the manager in question!!!

Archived