Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Realistically though it wouldn't last that long, not with the squad we've got and the position we're in. I believe we'll get out of the rut and i'm fully behind Pearson and the players.

Just hypothetically ..... at a return of one point a game like the last 12 games ....... how many more games would you say that it was ok to last for?

His side had just played well in a 4-2 win ..... you know, scoring four goals ..... not going 3 games without a goal and picking up one point. I'm not sure it's the same at all.

Yes he has got 2 points less than NP .... and yes it's ridiculous he's been sacked ...... but what makes it more ridiculous is it coming after that game.

Who cares what game it's after? Look at their overall league position - they're just outside the playoffs and it's ridiculous to sack him, just as it would be ridiculous to sack a manager who's been in the playoffs for 99% of the season. Why can't people look at the WHOLE season rather than a selection of games?!

Who cares what game it's after? Look at their overall league position - they're just outside the playoffs and it's ridiculous to sack him, just as it would be ridiculous to sack a manager who's been in the playoffs for 99% of the season. Why can't people look at the WHOLE season rather than a selection of games?!

Because there are massive amounts of money at stake and a season long time frame is like saying you're willing to write off a season if a manager isn't up to the job, rather than get someone in who is.

I'm not referring to SOD or NP here .... just the theory, and that must be the owner's opinion.

After a 3-0 loss to Millwall we were shocked to see sven go - but it would have been ludicrous after a 4-2 win!!!!!

And who cares what game it's after?? Come on...... who'd be shocked to see villa change after an 8-0 and 4-0 defeat?

It's not just about what has happened in the last run of games though is it. It is about what a manager can be predicted to achieve in the near future.

Unless we turn around our poor run/ decline soon then I can see an argument for replacing Pearson. This is Pearson's season with players he has purchased and he must take full responsibility for it. As things have been going, we were looking like diving down the table and out of touch with the play-offs.

If he reverses this, starts picking up a reasonable points haul and fixes the obvious problems, then his job his safe. The next few games will tell us whether Pearson's team and management is good enough or not. I sincerely hope it proves to be good enough but if it doesn't, he must make way.

No-one is bigger than the club.

If anyone out there felt that Pearson is somehow untouchable, look at the sacking last night of Sean O'Driscoll. Forest win 4-2 and he gets the boot.

Pearson needs to quickly demonstrate that not only are City back on track for promotion but that it could be automatic.

Ruthless world is football management.

Erm because they are now owned by a set of get rich quick arseholes who know nothing about the game of football in this country. Ring any bells ?

• 3 weeks later...

Quite shocking 39 people want him out..

For the record I'm not one ..... It's going to be fascinating how that changes as the games go by though .... assuming the mods don't delete it like last time.

Would it look completely different if this form continued for say 23 games?? Half the season??? Would that still be "form" or something more permanent?

A good few games have gone now, shall we see if things have changed?

Nigel Pearson is the best manager we have had in my time of supporting Leicester City in my opinion.

I know he has not won a major competition with us yet, but every season he has had with us, he has improved the clubs league position. NP rarely buys a bad player & the style of football he plays is entertaining & usually gets us very good results. If we have a poor run he seems to be able to turn things around quickly.

I do not see how 1 in 10 LCFC fans could possibly want him out of his job, to me he is the most essential person at the club & the longer he is in charge the better LCFC will be. IMO only an idiot can not see the positive effects he has brought & continues to bring to the club we all support, then again 10% of people in life are probably not the quickest of cats, so par for the course!

Blue Army! :scarf::pearson::thumbup:

Nigel Pearson is the best manager we have had in my time of supporting Leicester City in my opinion.

I know he has not won a major competition with us yet, but every season he has had with us, he has improved the clubs league position. NP rarely buys a bad player & the style of football he plays is entertaining & usually gets us very good results. If we have a poor run he seems to be able to turn things around quickly.

I do not see how 1 in 10 LCFC fans could possibly want him out of his job, to me he is the most essential person at the club & the longer he is in charge the better LCFC will be. IMO only an idiot can not see the positive effects he has brought & continues to bring to the club we all support, then again 10% of people in life are probably not the quickest of cats, so par for the course!

Blue Army! :scarf::pearson::thumbup:

Answered your own question there mate!

Like I said the other day, threads like this are ridiculous - we were in a poor run of form and to start calling for the manager's head is absolutely ridiculous. But - and this isn't aimed at you btw - it's just as ridiculous now to see threads on here talking about next season in the Premier League, whether we can survive in the Premier League and whether we should have a pitch invasion when we get promoted... Let's do what Nigel Pearson does; not overreact when we win a few, not overreact when we lose a few. We're having a very good season and this upturn in form has been very pleasing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's a long way to go before we can even think about promotion and we have got to keep perfoming week in, week out to get there. This is probably our best season for a decade and we should be excited, but we need to keep our feet on the ground and get a bit of perspective.

If anyone out there felt that Pearson is somehow untouchable, look at the sacking last night of Sean O'Driscoll. Forest win 4-2 and he gets the boot.

Pearson needs to quickly demonstrate that not only are City back on track for promotion but that it could be automatic.

Ruthless world is football management.

Do you think he's done that yet?

All I want Pearson to do is have the belief to get the best out of himself and the team, and not to lose his tactical nerve whenever we're up against someone he believes to be "good" or "difficult".

We didn't go briefly top after a game or two we went top after a quarter of the season of attacking all kinds of opposition. But when we got there we suddenly turned negative and started trying to contain games against the likes of Watford, Leeds, Millwall and Hull.

With no disrespect to those teams I didn't see the need, apart from, perhaps, Hull and we certainly didn't get many points.

Now, with the arrival of Wood but also perhaps after reflecting on our meagre return from such an attitude, we've seemingly gone back to what we do best which is pressing the opposition at every opportunity, passing the ball quickly and getting numbers into dangerous areas.

The question now is whether we'll be single-minded enough to show that attitude against better teams. Because we are such a good team these days that if we do, we've got every chance of automatic promotion - and that is what we have to aim for...not the lottery of the play-offs.

I've praised Pearson all season when he's attacked, have ridiculed the notion of sacking him on the two occasions a minor crisis has arisen, and am quite sure that promotion depends on his own attitude of mind because I'm quite sure these players are good enough to go up. I thought they were good enough in the first quarter of the season and we're considerably better now.

As people have said we're choosing our recruits quite well these days and have unquestionably increased our collective strength without resorting to having an unwieldy and financially wasteful squad.

To make progress while applying some economic common sense is a significant achievement and i hope it brings its reward. Certainly, in watching the excitement of our last two league games, we have the capability.

Answered your own question there mate!

Like I said the other day, threads like this are ridiculous - we were in a poor run of form and to start calling for the manager's head is absolutely ridiculous. But - and this isn't aimed at you btw - it's just as ridiculous now to see threads on here talking about next season in the Premier League, whether we can survive in the Premier League and whether we should have a pitch invasion when we get promoted... Let's do what Nigel Pearson does; not overreact when we win a few, not overreact when we lose a few. We're having a very good season and this upturn in form has been very pleasing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's a long way to go before we can even think about promotion and we have got to keep perfoming week in, week out to get there. This is probably our best season for a decade and we should be excited, but we need to keep our feet on the ground and get a bit of perspective.

Ha ha,

In all seriousness, I am excited. I am thinking in my own head that we are doing so well that finishing top could be a realistic aim.

I am not expecting promotion, but the performances are very encouraging & I actually want to go & watch LCFC now to be entertained rather than because they are my team & it's what I do because I've been doing it for the last 25 years!

Better than Little or O'Neill? Behave, Tom.

Seriously mate, I really rate NP!

I'n not saying that Brian or Martin did bad jobs at all, I loved them for the jobs they did & the relative success they brought with the resources they had at the time. NP is treading the same path that they did & IMO it's just a matter of time before we achieve success under NP.

I've changed my vote from a "not sure" to a "no".

For me he now has earned the right for the rest of the season, a pre-season and 13 games of next season whatever happens in the short term or at the end of this season. Well done NP for proving me wrong to doubt.

I've changed my vote from a "not sure" to a "no".

For me he now has earned the right for the rest of the season, a pre-season and 13 games of next season whatever happens in the short term or at the end of this season. Well done NP for proving me wrong to doubt.

Fair play.

He's got a way to go, but as long as he keeps identifying any problem and actually fixing it whilst moving us forward it's all I can ask.

Fair play.

He's got a way to go, but as long as he keeps identifying any problem and actually fixing it whilst moving us forward it's all I can ask.

Agree completely ..... It was so obvious that we needed a striker it was painful to watch us bluntly attacking without much prospect of scoring .... He's identified that and bought in the man!! He's done so repeatedly now and it's starting to look good.

I'm still not sure he's quick enough to react or pro-active enough to head off problems before they arise. But he's certainly proved that he can deal with them after they arise. So let's relax now and give him some time to really mould something special.

Agree completely ..... It was so obvious that we needed a striker it was painful to watch us bluntly attacking without much prospect of scoring .... He's identified that and bought in the man!! He's done so repeatedly now and it's starting to look good.

I'm still not sure he's quick enough to react or pro-active enough to head off problems before they arise. But he's certainly proved that he can deal with them after they arise. So let's relax now and give him some time to really mould something special.

I think that's a bit harsh - so many times this season we've carved teams open and created chance after chance after chance. The amount of times we've hit the bar and had shots cleared off the line this season must be well into double figures. We just needed someone a bit more clinical, we've got him now in Chris Wood hopefully.

Voted no, I am more than confident we will make the play-offs and have a sneaky suspician we will get in the top 2.

If we were to go in the play-offs and lost either in the semi's/final i would keep Pearson, it has taken a year using his no non-sense approach to build a squad who are playing the best football i have seen Leicester play in over a decade. To sack him and replace him with A.N.Other would be a step backwards.

I think that's a bit harsh - so many times this season we've carved teams open and created chance after chance after chance. The amount of times we've hit the bar and had shots cleared off the line this season must be well into double figures. We just needed someone a bit more clinical, we've got him now in Chris Wood hopefully.

I wouldn't say any of Woods strikes on Saturday were clinical really, what he did that Waghorn for instance was reluctant to do was strike the ball early. A decent keeper should have stopped two of the three goals, but striking it so early makes it much harder for a keeper to set himself and react. That comes with confidence of hitting the back of the net regularly.

Our lack of success in the past few years prior to Nigel Pearson's appointment were mainly down to poor squad building/player purchasing abilities, mismanagement on other levels, poor marketing attempts and a crude chairman-/manager-merry-go-round policy.

It was time to steady the ship, focus on the right priorities, to get rid of the deadwood, make the club more competitive both on the pitch and on the market.

And the keyword here is... stability.

Too often nowadays, long-term success is sacrificed by short-sighted owners for reasons of greed or the satisfaction of selfish reasons.

Football is a team sport, a collective effort where (ideally) all members should pull on the same string.

Last season was a year of transition(s), so I'm glad we've gotten this far and that the board and the owners have learned from their previous failed attempts at getting us promoted.

I hope they continue to allow Nigel Pearson to steady the ship further and guide us to what we've been longing for since the day we had to leave the Premier League for the last time.

Long may it continue.

That's my point exactly!!!! Chance after chance that wasn't finished. there isn't a column for woodwork come May. We now can carve them open and score from those chances!!! Fantastic!!!

Archived