Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueharmie

I sat in the kop today ....

If you're not happy, don't go. It's that simple.

I've got a season ticket and I've been to three games so far this season. It's still being used by other family members but I couldn't care less. I've totally lost the bug and had done last season - my mistake for renewing my season ticket, but I don't come on here and start calling every Tom, Dick and Harry a 'pussy'.

Save your money and don't go. That way, we're not likely to be subjected to your tripe

Like that's a kop. Nothing like filbert street.

Was empty. Everyone scared to sing. It's the truth.

Shambles fellow lcfc fans.

Oh you don't say?

Is it 2002? :o

The Kop hasn't been loud since I've started going you complete weapon. In fact I was pleased to hear any songs at all from them today (I was in the West Stand).

Fair play to those having a go in there, I do think the atmosphere would be better off if they all moved to K/J but any noise from the Kop in this day and age should be appreciated.

If you're going to a knock an area of the ground it should be its actual singing section, which is in the East Stand. No point going into the Kop and expecting a cauldron of noise.

I have a season ticket in the Kop and it is shit, but you'd often find the case with these people who big themselves up as the proper fans trying to create an atmosphere are the part-timers. SK1 and SK4 are the only bits that sing really and it's still shit. I don't expect it to be like Filbert St, but it makes for bleak listening sometimes. Blue Harmie has a small point, but the way he's expressed it is abysmal.

Mate bite the bullet and get over to L1, there's at least some atmosphere there and you don't get moaned at for swearing or standing

Hang on.

I'm in SK1 and I have never heard anyone (seriously) moan at another fan for standing, and the stewards are fairly relaxed particularly with the back 6/7 rows.

Might get laughed at for saying this but I don't have any sympathy for anyone being moaned at for swearing. I think in moments of genuine frustration people accept that fans are likely to swear, and don't have much of a problem with it. I find it embarrassing how many people enter a football stadium and suddenly every 3rd word is 'fvcking'. Those people should rightly be told to mind their language. There's absolutely no need for it, regardless of how many children are knocking about.

I'd also question whether L1 has a significantly greater atmosphere. 1,000+ fans standing should make more noise than they do, IMO.

Hang on.

I'm in SK1 and I have never heard anyone (seriously) moan at another fan for standing, and the stewards are fairly relaxed particularly with the back 6/7 rows.

Might get laughed at for saying this but I don't have any sympathy for anyone being moaned at for swearing. I think in moments of genuine frustration people accept that fans are likely to swear, and don't have much of a problem with it. I find it embarrassing how many people enter a football stadium and suddenly every 3rd word is 'fvcking'. Those people should rightly be told to mind their language. There's absolutely no need for it, regardless of how many children are knocking about.

I'd also question whether L1 has a significantly greater atmosphere. 1,000+ fans standing should make more noise than they do, IMO.

Mate you're at the football not at a cinema. If swearing is a problem for you and you see it as an issue go watch the tigers

what has happened to our fans, huh? we used to produce a good atmosphere at the kp but what has happened now, its stupidly quiet (apart from a bunch of little kids bout 12 at the back who still sing how high do you want the goal), we need to get the singing back, we are at Leicester! not our local library! though you wouldn't know it normally. so annoyed right now! rant over

C-Man has a point.

'I tell you what, I went down the ****ing pub last night, went to the ****ing bar and then the ****ing barmaid got me a pint of Stella. I drank it and it were ****ing flat so I said to the ****ing manager, 'Mate this beer is flat as ****.' He said sorry and poured me another one, but I was still ****ed off with it. I ****ed off down the Red Lion afterwards and it was ****ing dead. Leicester's a ****ing shit night out these days.'

That's actually fairly close to the kind of conversation you hear at times.

Mate you're at the football not at a cinema. If swearing is a problem for you and you see it as an issue go watch the tigers

And the prize for the most predictable response of the year goes to...

I've literally just said people understand swearing, it's part of football. However, I would love to hear your justification for illiterate tools needlessly using 'fvcking' as an adjective in nearly every conversation you hear at the football stadium.

FYI, 'because it's football' isn't really acceptable.

Also, to clarify: swearing in chants is a completely different matter, no one is arguing that.

I agree excessive swearing seems very ridiculous but at a football match I certainly accept it especially in the chants, I'm the first to start "my old man said be a Florist fan........................."

With regards to issues with standing up it's jus not a problem at the back, not had a steward any where near me since, well a long time.

I agree excessive swearing seems very ridiculous but at a football match I certainly accept it especially in the chants, I'm the first to start "my old man said be a Florist fan........................."

With regards to issues with standing up it's jus not a problem at the back, not had a steward any where near me since, well a long time.

Some chants with swearing in are hilarious, especially the old school chants like My Old Man, but some are rubbish.

Bit harsh, but I see your point. Only thing to do is switch the Kop with the family stand, then the kop would be closer to L1. So when L1 starts a chant, the kop would be able to join in straight away, not be half a second behind due to the distance between the two.

Archived