Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Burnley Pre Match Waffle

Maybe bring Wellens back in for this one? at least on the bench? Also-are we more aiming for play offs now that Cardiff are a massive 12 points ahead of us?

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

SSL/Whitbread

Konch

Drinky

James

Marshall

Kingy

Knocky

Waggy/Nugent

second is just the same

Need a win imo.

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

James

King

Knockaert

Waghorn

Dyer

Nugent

Drop whitbread as all he ever does is long balls and I think thats whats holding us back.

Nuge on his own again but waggy behind him would help the link up play from midfield to strike.

Need a win imo.

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

James

King

Knockaert

Waghorn

Dyer

Nugent

Drop whitbread as all he ever does is long balls and I think thats whats holding us back.

Nuge on his own again but waggy behind him would help the link up play from midfield to strike.

Yeah drop Whitbread and play our centre back with the least experience against Charlie Austin. Brilliant

Tough game, always is at Turf Moor. I believe we can win though, and we do need those three points.

Yeah drop Whitbread and play our centre back with the least experience against Charlie Austin. Brilliant

I would as well. Whitbread does play stupid long balls and seems to foul a hell of a lot, I can't imagine how much he would foul Austin. Moore impressed me earlier in the season, and seemed to deal with other top strikers. I'd rather Moore play ahead of Whitbread.

With the Whitbread debate we're looking at the Kisnorbo-McAuley debate that used to go on here.

All sound no-nonsense defenders which contributed to the best defence in the division BUT... a case could be heavily argued that their poor distribution led to lower goalscoring tallys...

Just think of all the extra goals and points we would have had from the last three games without Whitbread playing......and no doubt the best defence in the Championship would have conceded less goals too.....maybe even at Hull....... :appl:

IMO it would be better if the midfield (and strikers for that matter) moved around (just a little bit every now and then if they aren't too busy) to give defenders some short ball options. The only short ball option the defence ever get is to each other :xmasangry:

Need strong CB's against Charlie Austin if we don't want to see us losing by more than one goal in the League for the first time this season :fc:

I think whitbread would get dominated even more imo

How would they dominate Whitbread? He is strong and wins everything in the air. People like Patterson don't really play it on the floor like Simpson and Aluko did yesterday.

How would they dominate Whitbread? He is strong and wins everything in the air. People like Patterson don't really play it on the floor like Simpson and Aluko did yesterday.

Austin can score from the floor to and I think whitbreads defensive positioning lets him down at times.Tough choice

To paraphrase John Cooper Clarke " i don't never want to go to Burnley, what they do there don't concern me...."

For those making the journey and others suffering Stringer,like me,I hope our defence snuffs out the Austin threat.

Other than his 20 goal contribution Burnley don't appear to offer a major goal threat.

We stopped the losses yesterday,time to build another good run if we are to maintain any hope of success this season.

Good debate on who to play at centre back, personally I would go with Joey Jones :D

Would like to see this team, as I don't think it's necessary to play three in midfield against Burnley.

Schmeichel

De Laet, Whitbread, Morgan, Schlupp

Knockaert, James, Drinkwater, Dyer

Waghorn, Nugent

Subs - Logan, Moore/Keane, Konchesky, King, Gallagher, Marshall, Futacs/Vardy

Watching yesterday, the part Moore played in the 2nd half was excellent, added to Knockaerts contribution. Wonder how he would have coped in the 1st half thou, but Moore and Schlupp for me at full back. Marshall is our Downing, one flash of brilliance every 5 games, we can't afford that. James is no Davies or Cleverley, lessens the activity in mid field for me, stick to Dyer,King,Drinky they combine well at times and accomodate Knockaert. Whitbread and Morgan very solid. Upfront I'm a Nugent, Vardy man, how come I always sit with the Waggy, Waggy, Waggy brigade who seem to be watching a different game to me, what did he bring yesterday, a good corner when he went for glory, little else. Which brings me to the untouchable Jasper, great save only 15yds in front of me yesterday when Aluko was thro', but a cross comes in on the 6yd line and he's still debating what to do when Whitbread clears. We need a new keeper who can dominate, thats our route to success, every other part is in place. They say football is a game of opinions,your welcome to mine.

Knockaert will score at least once. He is starting to get into the groove again.

I'd go with:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

Knockaert

King

James

Dyer

Nugent

Waghorn