Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Burnley Pre Match Waffle

I don't see why everyone is wanking themselves dry over the idea of Schlupp at left back?!

He looked solid for a single game, but his frailties were exposed time and time again. He lacks the positional sense of a defender at the minute and his tackling is borderline woeful.

That's not to say that I don't think he could cut the mustard as a left back, but not right now, not in this league, not in a team vying for promotion.

Is this another Football Manager based thing? Does everyone somehow think theres some form of glory in re-training players to different positions? He's a good striker, let him play there. Konchesky is a reasonable left back, he's not a huge liability.

I don't see why everyone is wanking themselves dry over the idea of Schlupp at left back?!

He looked solid for a single game, but his frailties were exposed time and time again. He lacks the positional sense of a defender at the minute and his tackling is borderline woeful.

That's not to say that I don't think he could cut the mustard as a left back, but not right now, not in this league, not in a team vying for promotion.

Is this another Football Manager based thing? Does everyone somehow think theres some form of glory in re-training players to different positions? He's a good striker, let him play there. Konchesky is a reasonable left back, he's not a huge liability.

The only way is Schlupp baby.

Clearly you have been watching a different game to everybody else.

'Lacks positional sense' - I disagree, his positioning was nothing spectacular but was enough to cope with his full backs and where he was slightly caught out his pace would accommodate for this.

'His tackling is borderline woeful' - In comparison to Konchesky, no way. Konchesky is a as many have said on here 'a walking red card', rash challenges whereas Schlupp tends to stay on his feet. You are just judging him on the penalty he gave away against Leeds which in my opinion was unfortunate as they were both running side to side and ended up clashing.

Now let's see where he is an improvement on Konchesky:

Pace - YES

Distribution - YES (Konchesky just lumps it up every time and is the main culprit along side Whitbread. Schlupp always looks for feet and tends to get out of tight spaces before looking for a pass before just hoofing it)

Attacking - YES (Dyer looked a different beast when Schlupp was behind him, two pacy attacking players down the left caused real problems for the teams we played and Dyer felt comfortable and involved as he could trust Schlupp and Schlupp would always look to get the ball into Dyer's feet)

Crossing/Goalscoring Capabilities - YES (Schlupp's crossing at times bursting on from left back was excellent, low, hard whipped in balls that caused havoc. He reminded me of a young Wayne Bridge, very direct from left back and would regularly bag a goal or two, Schlupp could get 6-8 goals in a season from left back I reckon. Konchesky crosses from stupid angles, easy floated crosses to defend and offers little goalscoring threat.)

Heading is the same if not better than Konchesky. Schlupp attacks the ball well in the air and wins his fair share of headers.

Konchesky is a pure liability, silly tackles, constantly getting skinned, awful distribution and no attacking threat. Schlupp offers everything you demand from a good left back and has the potential to reach the very top as a left back, we forget that he's only 19!

Clearly you have been watching a different game to everybody else.

'Lacks positional sense' - I disagree, his positioning was nothing spectacular but was enough to cope with his full backs and where he was slightly caught out his pace would accommodate for this.

'His tackling is borderline woeful' - In comparison to Konchesky, no way. Konchesky is a as many have said on here 'a walking red card', rash challenges whereas Schlupp tends to stay on his feet. You are just judging him on the penalty he gave away against Leeds which in my opinion was unfortunate as they were both running side to side and ended up clashing.

Now let's see where he is an improvement on Konchesky:

Pace - YES

Distribution - YES (Konchesky just lumps it up every time and is the main culprit along side Whitbread. Schlupp always looks for feet and tends to get out of tight spaces before looking for a pass before just hoofing it)

Attacking - YES (Dyer looked a different beast when Schlupp was behind him, two pacy attacking players down the left caused real problems for the teams we played and Dyer felt comfortable and involved as he could trust Schlupp and Schlupp would always look to get the ball into Dyer's feet)

Crossing/Goalscoring Capabilities - YES (Schlupp's crossing at times bursting on from left back was excellent, low, hard whipped in balls that caused havoc. He reminded me of a young Wayne Bridge, very direct from left back and would regularly bag a goal or two, Schlupp could get 6-8 goals in a season from left back I reckon. Konchesky crosses from stupid angles, easy floated crosses to defend and offers little goalscoring threat.)

Heading is the same if not better than Konchesky. Schlupp attacks the ball well in the air and wins his fair share of headers.

Konchesky is a pure liability, silly tackles, constantly getting skinned, awful distribution and no attacking threat. Schlupp offers everything you demand from a good left back and has the potential to reach the very top as a left back, we forget that he's only 19!

Thats everything I couldnt be bothered to say.

Schlupp and dyer dominate opposition Right backs.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has concerns over the fitness of leading scorer Charlie Austin ahead of Saturday's meeting with Leicester.

The striker was withdrawn during the second half of their Boxing Day win over Derby after complaining about a muscle problem.

If ruled out that would mean he has missed both of the games with us this season :D

Dreamt sbout this last night. DJ LUCK & MC NEAT do the the commentary with Stringer as Youngy suffers a prolapse before KO. This is where we will stop the rot. Can see us coming from behind to win. BLUES ARE BACK IN DA GAYM!!

We could win this, with a little bit of luck.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has concerns over the fitness of leading scorer Charlie Austin ahead of Saturday's meeting with Leicester.

The striker was withdrawn during the second half of their Boxing Day win over Derby after complaining about a muscle problem.

If ruled out that would mean he has missed both of the games with us this season :D

If its true then they'll play rubbish in attack again and we should win :D

Guest BlueBrett

I missed the Cardiff match because I had to accompany a client to the Blues v Burnley game last week. They didn't impress me at all and only really managed to play decent stuff in a couple of 5 minute spells. Austin was hardly in the game and did nothing other than spurn a fairly good chance in the first half but obviously his goals tally suggests he still carries a threat. Based on what I saw I'd say Ross Wallace is the biggest danger to us so as some have already suggested I'd consider bringing in Schlupp for Konchesky to counter his pace.

If we play at all well we should win. Hopefully the news of Wood coming in will prompt Waggy and Nuge to score a couple. I'll go for a 1-3 win.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/loan-Keane-frame-Leicester-City-s-trip-Burnley/story-17701147-detail/story.html

On-loan defender Michael Keane is back in contention for Leicester City to face Burnley today at Turf Moor.

The Manchester United defender had his initial loan spell with City cut short after picking up a hamstring injury on his debut at Bolton, on November 6, and returned to United for treatment.

• ​4433118.jpg
    A wet and miserable Ritchie De Laet walks off the pitch after the Cardiff defeat

• •
  • •

However, City extended the loans of both Keane and midfielderlb_icon1.png Jesse Lingard.

Keane is ready to continue his City career, and could replace injured full-back Ritchie De Laet, although Liam Moore is also in contention to fill in at right-back, if the Belgian defender is ruled out.

"Ritchie has a back problem, so we will look at that before the Burnley gamelb_icon1.png," said City boss Nigel Pearson.

"Jamie Vardy will probably not be available because of his heel injury, but we will see how it goes.

"Michael Keane is back so he will be in contention and Liam Moore has done well for us this season so I had no qualms with him going on for the second half at Hull. He slotted in very well.

"There will a few playerslb_icon1.png who will be fatigued, but we have options to freshen it up.

"We have competitionlb_icon1.png for places and we have players who could come in. I made changes at Hull and there will be players who will be fresh.

"We have to dust them down and see how they are, and go from there."

Pearson admits his side are suffering from a small lack of confidence after picking up one win from their last six games, but he is sure they will get back into their stride soon.

"Three weeks ago, we would have won the Hull game but we just lacked that bit of confidence and extra belief," he said.

"But there were a lot of positives for us. We showed a bit more resilience than of late. We showed a real drive to keep the balllb_icon1.png out of our net at any cost, which has been missing at times in recent weeks.

"We are not winning enough games at the moment. But with the players we have, I know we will turn that around.

"We have to get back to winning ways. We will go into the game expecting ourselves to perform well and we have to finish this year on a positive note.

"The players are still in very good spirits. Burnley is another tough game but we are looking forward to it."

Archived