Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Burnley - City player ratings ?

Schmeichel 6 - Kicking was a bit hit and miss, but made one or two smart saves.

De Laet 6 - Solid, apart from one dodgy backpass between Marshall and Kasper that they nearly won a penalty from.

Morgan 6.5 - As solid as we expect, and did very well to create the goal.

Moore 5.5 - Not his best performance for us second half, but was good in the first and is still so young.

Konchesky 6.5 - Back to how we know he can play. Showed great composure and got forward well.

James 7 - Along with Nugent he was our best player today. Mopped up on countless occasions first half and only misplaced one pass all game from what i can remember. Very good display.

Drinkwater 5.5 - Goes from one extreme to the other. Completely ran the show for 15 minutes at the start of the second half but was poor for the other 75. Not like him.

Marshall 6.5 - One or two good efforts and starting to show a bit more confidence again.

Knockeart 6 - Couldn't control the ball for the first 15 minutes but then came to life a bit. Not his most effective game though.

Dyer 6 - Linked well with Konch, and had one good effort producing a good save from Grant. Had one atrocious effort though.

Nugent 7 - Scored and ultimately won us the game. Very good second half and livened up even more when Waggy came on and they played as a two.

Waghorn 6.5

Gallagher 6

Futacs 7 (albeit only on for 5 mins) - Nearly created two and had a great effort which hit the bar.

Schmeichel-5, made a couple of good saves but distribution eg. Wasteful upfield kicks when he could have quite easily picked up.

De Laet: 6 made good runs from time to time needs to work on some strength.

Konchesky:7 calm cool and collective got forward well

,Drinkwater:7 worked well as a unit with James and Morgan.

Morgan ©:6 didn't really notice him.

Marshall: quiet but made good runs in good poaitions.

Dyer6 lost his cool in the 2nd half but worked hard getting up and down.

James: 8 been alot of negativity on this lad but today he was the best player on the field. lost the ball once or twice but did exactly what his job was. broke up play won a tackle or 2 played it off then sat in. allowing drinky to get forward.

Moore7: worked hard played ok.

Knockaert 5. seen him 2 or 3 times now and today ws the poorest ive seen from him. for me he holds on to the ball for too long. needs to pass more and could be a good player.

Nugent:7 worked hard to win balls up top and he held it up well. Fortunate with his goal but well deserved with his workrate.

Quite a boring game all in all but a deserved victory for city. And unfortunate not to be 2-0 up.

Don't think the comditions were there for an emphatic performance, heavy pitch, occasional rain

Schmeichel - 8 MOTM made important saves

Konchesky - 6 lacked pace at times but some good stuff,

Moore - 6 promising but some mistakes

Morgan - 7 generally did his job well

De Laet - 6 much quieter on the right - alot of play down the left

Dyer - 6 hoped for more from him

Knockaert - 6 some mistakes

James - 7 Great performance

Drinkwater - 6 some solid midfield play, some mistakes

Marshalll - 6.5 seems to be getting over his recent poor form (slowly)

Nugent - 7.5 poor supply generally but worked ashift - good lad

Waghorn 6,5 Got in amongst it, decent corners

Gallagher 6.5 Some mistakes but some sharp passing as well, not convinced he 100% wants to be here?

Futacs 8 hit the woodwork and a real livewire

In all a professipnal job on a grotty day with zero atmosphere mist of the match (both sets of fans to blame)

Kasper 7- distribution wasnt great but made some key saves

De Laet 6- standard

Morgan 7- great for the goal and solid for the first 20 when we needed him

Moore 5- was a disaster waiting to happen

Konchesky 6- better than some of his recent performances

James 7.5- mopped up well, worked hard and did the simple things well

Drinkwater 5.5- gave it away too much and would have been a worse mark had he not had his 15 minute spell

Marshall 6.5- a lot better than Wednesday, had a few decent shots

Knockaert 6- poor to start with but got better, wasnt sure if he was meant to be upfront or just behind

Dyer 5.5-end product non existent too often and gave the ball away a lot.

Nugent 7.5- worked his socks off and did well considering he doesnt like playing upfront alone

Waghorn 6

Gallagher 6

Futacs 7- best 5 minutes Ive seen

Kasper 5 worried me on occassions

RDL 7 very solid defensively and good going forward

Moore 7 excellent first half misplaced distribution a little in second

Wes 8 I dont imagine him ever getting below an 8

Konch 7 solid throughout

Marshall 5 not in the game much apart from a couple of mini runs into the box

Danny 6 battled hard kept going but little creativity

James 6 see Danny

Dyer 5 a couple of runs but rightly taken off

Knocky 5 not his best game wasnt best suited in support role to Nugent

Nugent 9 led the line superbly

subs

Waggy 6 at least Nuge got support for a while

Gally 5 roundily booed by home fans for Blackburn connection, one decent shot of note

Futcas 7 very lively 5 minutes hit bar with a rasping shot

Schmeichel 6 Distribution terrible. Got very lucky on one occasion when he kicked a clearance straight against a Burnley player. Was very sharp to come off his line to clear a fee dodgy back passes.

De Laet 6 Fairly solid but unspectacular, one horrible pass back to Marshall which almost lead to a penalty for them.

Moore 6 Started the game very well but struggled as it went on. Gave the ball away a lot, but defended well overall. Looks more comfortable at RB.

Morgan 8 Superb work for the goal and defending was solid as per usual. Won everything in the air.

Konch 7 Got done for pace a couple of times but other than that his defending was very good and composed. Supported the attack much more than in recent games.

Marshall 7 Improving with more game time. Saw a bit more of the ball than in recent games and did well. Corners still poor though.

Drinkwater 7 Bit shoddy first half but was excellent second as we kept the ball much better as a team.

James 8 MOTM Great performance from him, broke up so many Burnley attacks and supported our breaks well too. Deserved his start and deserves to keep his place.

Dyer 7 Much better from him. Looked a constant threat and was a great outlet for us.

Knockaert 5 Nothing came off for him today, had a bit of a stinker.

Nugent 8 Looked disinterested until he scored, then he became a totally different player. Superb second half.

Waghorn 6 Couple of dangerous corners but other than that didn't really contribute a great deal.

Gallagher 6 Didn't really have much impact on the game but helped us keep the ball well towards the end which is what we needed.

Futacs 7 Super little cameo. Won everything in the air, was unlucky not to score when he hit the bar. It's criminal that he doesn't get more game time based on today's showing.

Kasper 7 - Few decent saves and calm when under pressure.

RDL 7 - Defended well and supported the attack when he could.

Konch 7 - See RDL.

Morgan 8 - defended like an absolute trooper and did so well to create the goal.

Moore 6 - played his part in the clean sheet but he gave the ball away a fair bit and hit a couple of poor passes to Kasper.

Marshall 7 - Glides past players so easily and he was a great outlet for us today.

Dyer 6 - his pace was always a problem but offered little else.

James 8 - Fantastic. Did the simple things effectively and didn't waste the ball.

Drinkwater 7 - Got well stuck and acted as the link from defence to attack.

Knockaert 5 - couldn't control the ball for half the game and held onto it too long at times. One horrendous dive in their box which he was lucky to not get pulled up on.

Nuge 8 - quiet first fifteen but after that he gave Burnley's back four a horrible time, seemed like he had his confidence back. Proper nuisance.

Waghorn 6 - Didn't do a lot. But he gave us some much needed presence when we were starting to tire.

Gallagher 6 - Did ok again, he still certainly offers something for us.

Futacs 7 - A great cameo. Came so close to scoring by hitting the bar and generally looked dangerous.

Kasper - 7.5. Had a good game, made some good saves and kicking in general was fine.

De Laet - 6.5. Decent, contributed going forward and was faily solid at the back.

Big Wes - 7.5 Usual solid self, top CB. Won the headers when they went long, and was good on the deck.

Moore - 4. Poor game. Sloppy on the floor and wasn't that good in the air either, would struggle a lot more if he couldn't rely on Wes.

Konch - 5.5. Very average, didn't offer much going forward and wasn't that good defensively. Will need a new LB soon.

Marshall - 7.5. Seemed to be back to his old self. Had a good game, did his defensive duties and was a constant threat.

James - 7. Played fairly well, got stuck in.

Drinkwater - 7. Controlled the game at times, but was also sloppy.

Dyer - 6.5. Decent game. Got in a fight too! Probably the first time he's ever been booed and called a willy puller by the opposition fans.

Knockaert - 5. Nothing really came off for him, just gave the ball away time and again. Rightfully dragged off after 60 minutes.

Nugent - 8.5. My MOTM. Lead the line well and got the crucial goal. Hopefully can keep this up.

Waghorn - 6.5. Didn't really get into the game.

Gallagher - 5.5. Pointless sub, tried to show off a bit as he was getting booed. Don't need him.

Futacs - 7. Made a difference, hit the crossbar with a lovely effort. Not sure he'll appear for us again.

Reading the comments RE: futacs.

I can only assume he has done somethign to upset Pearson.

Sure it was only 5 minutes but every time i read something about him there seems to be a positive comment...

Doesnt try hard in training? Too much of a party Lifestyle? Tried it on with Pearsons daughter?

Must be something!!!

Sure it was only 5 minutes but every time i read something about him there seems to be a positive comment...

Doesnt try hard in training? Too much of a party Lifestyle? Tried it on with Pearsons daughter?

Must be something!!!

Head butted him

Schmeichel - 7. Can't knock him today, thought he handled anything thrown at him well.

De Laet - 7. Did nothing wrong for me today.

Morgan - 7. Assist and generally a rock, again. Best centre half in the league.

Moore - 5. Unconvincing, he wasn't terrible but did give it away a couple of times, he doesn't fill me with confidence away from home at centre half.

Konchesky - 6. Not too bad.

James - 8. Genuinely can't remember him conceding possession, solid defensively, would've scored barring a great block, very solid display and I'm encouraged, tidy player.

Drinkwater - 5. Didn't impress me, thought he struggled to get in the game and often gave it away.

Marshall - 6. Not bad, not great, better than at Hull although I'd worry if otherwise.

Knockaert - 6. Played in his (in my opinion) best position, he wasn't great, but he's enthusiastic and positive enough to try something different, he'll deliver if we keep him there.

Dyer - 4. He was wank. Standard winter Dyer performance.

Nugent - 8. MOTM, just pipping James, ran his bollocks off, got the goal and was involved in some impressive play. Top stuff.

Subs;

Waghorn - 5. Didn't get in the game.

Futacs - 7. Class cameo, won every header, nearly scored a screamer and generally caused them problems, that was very impressive.

Gallagher - 5. See Waghorn.

Schmeichel- 6 (Alert to some poor backpasses and made a couple of crucial saves)

De Laet- 6

Morgan- 7 (Again, just dominated his position)

Moore- 7 (Did well enough on his return)

Konchesky- 7 (Much improved)

Marshall- 7 (Our best player in the first half, good effort)

James- 8 (Very accomplished and in control)

Drinkwater- 7 (Improved in the second half)

Knockaert- 6 (Drifted in and out)

Dyer- 5 (Could be better)

Nugent- 7 (Held the ball up as well as he could, class flick for the goal)

Of the subs, Futacs was most impressive. Excellent cameo which helped see us home.

Must be something!!!

See the (now locked) Topic on Futacs and the signing contract from Portsmouth ! POSSIBLY (some dispute it) a clause requiring us to pay more, if he starts a game.

Archived