Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

"You wish you were English"

Wow.

This thread is possibly the most ridiculous thing i've read.

I wont get involved because frankly, none of whats been said makes any sense. What I will say to all is, statistics published regarding immigration are ALWAYS manipulated to suit the publisher. For example, someone quoted a stat saying that Leicesters indiginous population is lower than its immigrant. I'll take myself to show how this is manipulative. My family comprises of white English father and Filipino mother. Because of this, my family will be counted in the immigrant set rather than indiginous regardless of my father, sister and myself all being born in England and lived here all our lives. At the same time, this example could be used to promote inter racial harmony etc etc.

All you need to do is live your life. If you're unhappy with being surrounded by different races, move. Its not a problem, it doesnt make you a racist its just how you feel.

I moved from Leicester to Cornwall because I find the people of Leicester to be generally miserable and rude regardless of race and I didnt want my daughter to grow up around that. Its a shame I felt that way about my home town but there we go!

He has a point tolerance seems to be all one way.

Fairly irrelevant considering we are a country of (generally) higher income, better education and further advanced technology. There's not even an argument there. We should be more tolerant.

More Asians will start to become involved in football and will become a larger proportion of our attendance as they start to understand what it is to support a team - that's not a dig at their culture but not being taken to football matches means you're far less likely to support your local team.

You would think that be the case now. There must be around 100,000 asians in Leicester, surely a couple of thousand could be bothered to assimilate into the national game. Maybe they need more of an incentive, perhaps someone at the club should be introducing an asian food menu and bollywood music prior to kick-off, we should be packing 30,000 now with the team doing well, we've even had asian hooligans haha

Someone at the club take note, Nigel needs more transfer money for next season in the Premier League! Give asian families FREE tickets to fill the ground.

Wow.

This thread is possibly the most ridiculous thing i've read.

I wont get involved because frankly, none of whats been said makes any sense. What I will say to all is, statistics published regarding immigration are ALWAYS manipulated to suit the publisher. For example, someone quoted a stat saying that Leicesters indiginous population is lower than its immigrant. I'll take myself to show how this is manipulative. My family comprises of white English father and Filipino mother. Because of this, my family will be counted in the immigrant set rather than indiginous regardless of my father, sister and myself all being born in England and lived here all our lives. At the same time, this example could be used to promote inter racial harmony etc etc.

All you need to do is live your life. If you're unhappy with being surrounded by different races, move. Its not a problem, it doesnt make you a racist its just how you feel.

I moved from Leicester to Cornwall because I find the people of Leicester to be generally miserable and rude regardless of race and I didnt want my daughter to grow up around that. Its a shame I felt that way about my home town but there we go!

Thats a real interesting observation, you moved to a prodomanently more white English area? because the people in the multi racial area aren't as nice, yet we hear from multi racial 'promoters' for want of a better term, that its the oppositte, weird.

I wonder how many people in Leicester are ethnicly Lestonian compared to other. Around 40% are white English, doesn't mean all those are Lestonians. Could easily be a third or less.

(by 'ethnic Lestonian' i refer to those who were born in Leicester and are white, else they wouldn't have an ethnicity of their own).

Archived