Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Just to clarify my bets then, because there's been a lot.

Tiger Woods @ 6/1 - £50 WIN (Stan James offer yesterday)

Dustin Johnson @ 33/1 6 places - £15 e/w

Keegan Bradley @ 33/1 6 places - £10 e/w

Keegan Bradley @ 28/1 5 places - £5 e/w (free bet with Bet Victor)

Keegan Bradley @ 25/1 - £5 WIN

Phil Mickleson @ 12/1 - £15 WIN

Phil Mickleson @ 16/1 (Stan James offer yesterday) 5 places - £15 e/w

Henrik Stenson @ 66/1 5 places - £5 e/w (free bet with Skybet)

Lee Westwood @ 30/1 5 places - £2.50 e/w

Steve Stricker @ 66/1 5 places - £2.50 e/w (free bet with Bet Victor)

Freddie Jacobson @ 125/1 6 places - £2.50 e/w

Thorbjorn Olesen @ 125/1 6 places - £2.50 e/w

Branden Grace @ 200/1 6 places - £2.50 e/w

John Merrick @ 250/1 6 places - £3 e/w

Paul Lawrie @ 300/1 6 places - £2 e/w

Marc Leishmann @ 400/1 6 places - £2 e/w

Lee Westwood 1st round leader @ 40/1 - £5 e/w

Bo Van Pelt 1st round leader @ 90/1 - £5 e/w

My bets with Bet Victor will all be refunded if Tiger or Rory wins, which is another nice touch. Hopefully Rory misses the cut though as I think he's a coont. It's fair to say i've gone wild, but this is my bread and butter. I expect a return but more importantly I expect 4 days of sporting brilliance and i'll enjoy it all no matter what.

At least you got a decent return on Leishman!

Excellent finish! Two players showing some real nerve right down to the last. Could've gone either way and they would have both deserved it.

Yesssss :D

Well in Scotty. Cabrera came within millimetres on 3 of the last 4 holes, either dropping would have taken it. So pleased for Scott though, always there or thereabouts and now he's smashed it. Well played Sir.

Main Bet Big Phil 14/1

Little savers on Louie O 33/1 and Scott 25/1.

Small e.w Richard Sterne @200/1

Multi Louie O (Top Saffa), Scott (Top Aussie), KJ (top Asian) paying $10.40

In all the excitement i almost forgot i backed Scotty, decent $750 collect.

Really "Amazing"? Maybe for him....

70 odd years and no Aussie has ever won the masters even with Greg Norman going close so many times. Every News break is leading with Adam Scotts victory we love our sport more than anything so a victory like this is pretty special, it's pretty amazing absolutely thrilled. People are even calling for a public holiday to be called which is a bit extreme.

Caberra was awesome played some brilliant approach shots the last 2 days. He will be rooing the approach on the 13th or 14th when he was leading and all he had to do was lay up and go for Par instead had a crack to try and get a sight on a birdie.

Bit dissapointed for Day looked home, but only young and will no doubt have another chance.

Well done Roo, that's a good win that is both for yourself and your country.

I'm pleased for Scott as I like him and it was cruel what happened to him at The Open last year, Steve Williams spoils any pleasure I got from seeing him win though as he's got to be one of the worlds biggest helmets.

Marc Leishman bailed me out with his 5th place finish and a £250 retun, Thorbjorn Olesen managed to snaffle a T6 and I got nearly fifty back for him but I pumped it straight on Cabrera to win the play-off at evens. Oh well.

I think my total bets were about £150 and I walked away £100 up, which although I was hoping for a lot more it wasn't too bad. Can't grumble at a profit really.

Olesen impressed me immensly yesterday, he's going to be a star. His 1st round was horrendous but to dig in there and turn it around is fantastic progress, which alongside his very good Open last July suggests this lad will go close to winning a major very, very soon. I'll be on him for The Open for sure.

Olsen had a brilliant 4th round and at his age he will be a top player soon enough.

leishman was brilliant shot -6 first round could of easily just dropped right out of it but held it together for the next 3 rounds, which was great to see.

Olsen had a brilliant 4th round and at his age he will be a top player soon enough.

leishman was brilliant shot -6 first round could of easily just dropped right out of it but held it together for the next 3 rounds, which was great to see.

Leishman could be one to watch this year, the confidence the lad must have got from this week is unmeasurable. He's a great driver of the ball and a fairly solid putter. His long irons seemed to let him down and it halted any chance of birdie-ing the par 5's yesterday which is why he failed to get closer to Scott and Cabrera. Missed the green at 8, 13 and 15 from great positions and only made par or bogey.

I love Leishman all because of this photo

1065081.jpg

That's a stonking photo! I love Leishman, he also looks a fair bit like my brother. I'm tempted to back him again this week but history suggests it's probably not wise.

I have Larrazabal, Caberra-Bello (spelt that horribly) and Van Pelt on my list so hopefully we'll be both amongst the winners pal! I'll post my final selections later.

I fookin love golf.

Heritage:

Bo Van Pelt 2 points e/w @ 40/1

Ben Crane 2 points e/w @ 50/1

Harris English 1.5 points e/w @ 90/1

Spanish Open:

Rafael Cabrera-Bello 2 points e/w @ 35/1

Gregory Bourdy 2 points e/w @ 50/1

Alejandro Canizares 1.5 points @ 90/1

Bo Van Pelt 1 points e/w @ 45/1 1st round leader

I've the 6 selections in some very small e/w doubles too (75p = £13.50 bet)

That's a stonking photo! I love Leishman, he also looks a fair bit like my brother. I'm tempted to back him again this week but history suggests it's probably not wise.

I have Larrazabal, Caberra-Bello (spelt that horribly) and Van Pelt on my list so hopefully we'll be both amongst the winners pal! I'll post my final selections later.

I fookin love golf.

I think it shows how proud he was that an Aussie had won, Aussies do tend to support other Aussies regardless of the sport. (although that wasn't the put that won it)

Carbera bella and Van Pelt double would be very handy.

Agree with you there love the golf, love that it finishes Sunday and bang Thursday rolls around again so quickly.

I think it shows how proud he was that an Aussie had won, Aussies do tend to support other Aussies regardless of the sport. (although that wasn't the put that won it)

Carbera bella and Van Pelt double would be very handy.

Agree with you there love the golf, love that it finishes Sunday and bang Thursday rolls around again so quickly.

Hahahaaa my life now has this routine mate. Monday I have the day off thinking about it, tuesday I start my research for the week ahead, wednesday I make my final decisions on selections and get the dough down. Thursday to Sunday it's all about trying to land the gamble.

Had a mare this week, Caberro, Quiesene and Van Pelt looked ok then just went down hill.

My mate backed Hoffman, fair to say he is not happy at all today.

Same here mate, absolute guff all round. Bourdy had a slight chance going in to the last round but then had another hack.

Hahahaaa Hoffman was flying, what on earth did he do? I'd be sick after that, awful.

I really fancy Olesen's chances this week in New Orleans, the course is set up for him and he must be very confident after his last 3 rounds at Augusta. I got him at 33/1 which is decent considering Stan James are paying 6 places and there's a fair amount of skinny prices on offer this week. I love Jason Dufner but i'm not touching him at 12/1 as he's had a very low key start to 2013, even if he has won this event before and a couple of T5 finishes.

I much prefer Ryan Palmer at 50/1 and Chris Stroud at 100/1 they have the game for this course and have done well there before, Stroud finished decently last week and Palmer is due a decent week in my opinion.

The event out in South Korea looks a bit more tricky to predict for me, a bit like last week. I really like Peter Uihlein the American lad who plays on the Euro Tour. He isn't afraid of going close and he can't be far off winning soon, he's 40/1 and i've snapped that up along with David Howell at the same price. He's going steadily this season and will win again this year. My last pick is Y.E Yang, he's a major winner and in his native country he must fancy his chances. 33/1 is decent and it was between him and Moon-Bae but I like Yang's temperament and ability to score over Moon-Bae, who is erratic and lacks the experience.

Here is my tips

Charles Howell III 40/1

Jonas Blixt 160/1

Rickie Fowler 20/1

Jung-Gon Hwang 80/1 (My research shows he is one of the leading players in Korea not on the US/Euro tour)

Wen Chong Liang 70/1 (Plays well on the Euro)

Sang-Moon Bae 33/1

Adisone Da Silva 150/1 (Agressive player who can shoot low)

Think the asians my dominate in Korea.

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

Another very bad week, i'm starting to get annoyed. I know it can be like this with golf and overall i'm well up for the year but this season has been extraordinary in throwing up shock winners. Horschel wasn't a shock as such as he's been knocking on the door all year and well done to him, had DA Points won again that'd have been some story.

Very surprised with the winner in South Korea, not a player i've paid much attention to this season but that's the beauty of this game.

Quietly confident of some success this week, i've done well in previous years on this event in the US.