Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueblood

Our Fanbase- 12th biggest in the UK?

Almost certainly not true. Leicestershire is a one team county, with a much larger city and population.

Do not get swayed by the fact they give 8000 tickets to school kids each week foc.

I would imagine Leicester has a very large fanbase considering the above, easily in the top 20.

Definitely bigger than us; Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Rangers, Celtic, Aston Villa, Man City, Leeds

Similar, give or take; Norwich, Southampton, Hearts (under-rated), Sheff Weds, Forest, Derby, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough (under-rated again IMO), Cardiff, Wolves, WBA, Birmingham.

Bound to be some I've forgot, not a chance we're 12th biggest though.

I would say Sheff wed have a better fan base, If they had the same form as us they would be pulling in nearly 30k a home game

Not really it's not.

I was not saying people don't support other teams in the county, I was saying that there are no other teams in the county, slightly different points.

Also I live in that region of the county and it really isn't as bad as you make it sound, the majority are from families who moved here, not those that were born here.

You can Behave with that. would like to know exactly where your from, as Loughborough and Ashby are rife with supporters of both of them.

Also we aren't a one team county, we also have the most famous and succesful Rugby club in Europe in Leicester, commanding a better weekly attendance than any football team in the East Midlands bar Forest Derby and ourselves.

We are also, population wise, a smaller county than Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. And you'll find a lot more Forest and Derby fans in North Leicestershire than you'll find in any region of Notts or Derby.

Welcome to the forum.

You can Behave with that. would like to know exactly where your from, as Loughborough and Ashby are rife with supporters of both of them.

you'll find a lot more Forest and Derby fans in North Leicestershire than you'll find in any region of Notts or Derby.

No you won't!, after the City area the Loughborough/ north Leicestershire area has the most Leicester fans.

Not really it's not.

I was not saying people don't support other teams in the county, I was saying that there are no other teams in the county, slightly different points.

Also I live in that region of the county and it really isn't as bad as you make it sound, the majority are from families who moved here, not those that were born here.

Its Kaamark ;)

Norwich are the only team on there that would have a similar fanbase to us. The rest are a fair bit smaller although Pompey obviously have a more fanatical set of supporters than most.

I can't imagine us not being in the top 20 biggest in Britain and obviously we'd be a couple of places higher in England with no Rangers or Celtic in there.

I agree with all that. You might have misread it, but I was naming clubs I think would be higher up than Fulham, not us.

Isn't Plymouth in the top two though? Simply based on the fact that it's a fair-sized city (about the same size as us) and the only other league team anywhere near them is Exeter.

Sure I've seen that before, so you really can't read much into it.

There's Torquay and Yeovil, as well, but I still think you're right. Plymouth is the biggest club in the area, where there aren't many clubs for the amount of land.

I don't see how it's possible to quantify fanbases unless you judge by attendances.

Fan base is a different thing to regular attendance. One way you can begin to judge our fan base is by what happens when we get to Wembley. We easily sell our allocation, sell any extra we get and still want more tickets, quite often buying tickets from the other club lol. We do have quite a large fan base but getting them down to the ground on a regular basis has always been a problem

I think we should stop this thread, as i could just see rival supporters getting hold of this and taking the p*ss. I could think of many clubs who have bigger support than us, but who really cares.

The most important thing that most people from leicester, including celebs, support or have a soft spot for city.

I think we should stop this thread, as i could just see rival supporters getting hold of this and taking the p*ss. I could think of many clubs who have bigger support than us, but who really cares.

The most important thing that most people from leicester, including celebs, support or have a soft spot for city.

Exactly, who really cares, so rival fans can say what they like.

If the usual suspects like Birmingham or Hull want to try and take the piss out of our support they can be my guest lol

Roy Morgan Research is a respected and influential company with a turnover of £20 million.

I say this because it doesn't give any details of how they came to these conclusions. The conclusions of RMR are taken seriously by governments, the media and big business though. (according to Wikipedia)

So it might just be correct and anyway, as someone above says, who cares what other fans think?

Archived