Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueblood

Our Fanbase- 12th biggest in the UK?

I think I read somewhere years back (not a confident start to this topic I know) that LCFC had the 12th biggest Fanbase in the UK- can anyone confirm this? Or tell me it's a load of b*llocks but back it up? Apologies if there's already been a thread about this. And I'm talking about fanbases here, NOT attendances.

If it's true, I reckon the 11 ahead of us, in no particular order, are:

Man U

Man City

Liverpool

Everton

Arsenal

Spurs

Newcastle

Chelsea

Celtic

Rangers

Dirty Leeds

Having listed the above, I reckon Villa and West Ham have probably got bigger fanbases than us. And possibly Sheffield Weds, and Forest?

Discuss...

I think I read somewhere years back (not a confident start to this topic I know) that LCFC had the 12th biggest Fanbase in the UK- can anyone confirm this? Or tell me it's a load of b*llocks but back it up? Apologies if there's already been a thread about this. And I'm talking about fanbases here, NOT attendances.

Man U

Man City

Liverpool

Everton

Arsenal

Spurs

Newcastle

Chelsea

Celtic

Rangers

Dirty Leeds

Having listed the above, I reckon Villa and West Ham have probably got bigger fanbases than us. And possibly Sheffield Weds, and Forest?

Discuss...

Forest lol

Man U

Man City

Liverpool

Everton

Arsenal

Spurs

Newcastle

Chelsea

Celtic

Rangers

Dirty Leeds

Discuss...

Depends on what you are basing it on.

Although no matter what you base it on I'll be suprised if Aston Villa aren't ahead of us. West Ham and Sunderland probably as well. Without even getting into debates about teams like WBA, Wolves, Forest, Wednesday, etc, etc.

So in short. It's bollocks.

Depends on what you are basing it on.

Although no matter what you base it on I'll be suprised if Aston Villa aren't ahead of us. West Ham and Sunderland probably as well. Without even getting into debates about teams like WBA, Wolves, Forest, Wednesday, etc, etc.

So in short. It's bollocks.

Agree with this.

West Ham

Villa

Sheff Wed

Sunderland

To be fair, you can't really judge fan bases as there's lots of fans that don't go all the time and each club has different circumstances (eg. Prices, Geography etc.), but having said that I still believe we are comfortably in the top 20.

I think it is based on population of your catchment area , so Nottingham and Sheffield have two teams so there fanbase is less or something stupid like that. Plymouth are probably top !

either way it is nonsense.

Despite the catchment area most in the area support the top Premiership teams Argyle are not that popular here especially now they are in League 2 thankfully

Unfortunately I reckon Derby have a bigger fan base than us.

Almost certainly not true. Leicestershire is a one team county, with a much larger city and population.

Do not get swayed by the fact they give 8000 tickets to school kids each week foc.

I would imagine Leicester has a very large fanbase considering the above, easily in the top 20.

Almost certainly not true. Leicestershire is a one team county, with a much larger city and population.

Do not get swayed by the fact they give 8000 tickets to school kids each week foc.

I would imagine Leicester has a very large fanbase considering the above, easily in the top 20.

You've never been to Charnwood or North West Leicestershire then.

As many Forest and Derby fans round here as there are Leicester.

Define fanbase?

If it's not based on attendances you can't judge it. Yes there's a catchment area but that's got nothing to do with the amount of football fans who support their local team in the area.

So really you can only go on attendances, not just current ones of course but potential ones.

If you're basing it on that we wouldn't be 12th, we'd be around 17th in the UK. Certainly in the top 20 though.

I think we would be between 16-20th.

Man U

Man C

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Everton

Spurs

Newcastle

Sunderland

West Ham

Aston Villa

Leeds

Cetic

Rangers

Sheffield Wednesday

15 Definetly Bigger.

Then: Us, Forest, Derby, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke, Fulham, WBA, Southampton, Sheffield Utd.

The 2nd 11 are IMO all 16th-26th but in what order Id have no idea.

Good point

Not really it's not.

I was not saying people don't support other teams in the county, I was saying that there are no other teams in the county, slightly different points.

Also I live in that region of the county and it really isn't as bad as you make it sound, the majority are from families who moved here, not those that were born here.

Man U

Man C

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Everton

Spurs

Newcastle

Sunderland

West Ham

Aston Villa

Leeds

Cetic

Rangers

Sheffield Wednesday

15 Definetly Bigger.

Then: Us, Forest, Derby, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke, Fulham, WBA, Southampton, Sheffield Utd.

:blink: Are you feeling okay?

Man U

Man C

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Everton

Spurs

Newcastle

Sunderland

West Ham

Aston Villa

Leeds

Cetic

Rangers

Sheffield Wednesday

15 Definetly Bigger.

I doubt Fulham are up there. I reckon at least a few out of Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Brum, Norwich, Palace and Reading would be ahead of them. Doesn't Craven Cottage have an area for neutral supporters?

Archived