Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueblood

Our Fanbase- 12th biggest in the UK?

Not really it's not.

I was not saying people don't support other teams in the county, I was saying that there are no other teams in the county, slightly different points.

Also I live in that region of the county and it really isn't as bad as you make it sound, the majority are from families who moved here, not those that were born here.

I live in Charnwood and have lots of friend who are Forest fans, maybe not as many as there was when Clough was there but still alot.

I think it we were a more remote county your point would hold more true, but there are lots of options for people who live on borders of the county. i.e. Forest, Notts County, Derby, Coventry,

I doubt Fulham are up there. I reckon at least a few out of Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Brum, Norwich, Palace and Reading would be ahead of them. Doesn't Craven Cottage have an area for neutral supporters?

Norwich are the only team on there that would have a similar fanbase to us. The rest are a fair bit smaller although Pompey obviously have a more fanatical set of supporters than most.

I can't imagine us not being in the top 20 biggest in Britain and obviously we'd be a couple of places higher in England with no Rangers or Celtic in there.

Would you care to explain why Forest is such a ridiculous suggestion? Their attendances have been consistently similar to ours over the past few seasons.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they have a weaker fanbase.

Similar yes, but also consistently lower.

Would you care to explain why Forest is such a ridiculous suggestion? Their attendances have been consistently similar to ours over the past few seasons.

Who shat in your cornflakes?

I'm so sorry. You are correct. I feel silly. :(

They have a relatively poor fanbase for the amazing success they've had in the past, as they keep telling us.

I live in Charnwood and have lots of friend who are Forest fans, maybe not as many as there was when Clough was there but still alot.

I think it we were a more remote county your point would hold more true, but there are lots of options for people who live on borders of the county. i.e. Forest, Notts County, Derby, Coventry,

I also live in charnwood and when I was a lad there was a good number of forest fans around here, but these days you don't come across many. I think they must all support Man U or Man City now.

Out for Forest, Notts County, Derby & Coventry I only know one Derby fan that lives in Leicestershire, never come across any Coventry or Notts County fans around here most people I know support Leicester, the rest of them support Premier teams.

To be fair we've got quite a big catchment area in terms of reasonably sized towns to the east, south, south west and north west where there's no obvious big team to support.

Think about places like Grantham and Stamford (us or Forest), Northamptonshire (us or smatterings of Northampton, Kettering, Rushden, Corby fans), Bedford (us or London clubs I guess), Rugby/Nuneaton/Leamington Spa (us, Coventry or Villa), Burton (us, Derby or Burton) etc.

Who shat in your cornflakes?

I'm so sorry. You are correct. I feel silly. :(

I didn't say you were wrong I only asked why you think that. The suggestion that Forest may have a bigger fanbase isn't that ridiculous so I wondered why you appeared to be mocking it. Sorry if I came across a little harsh.

Isn't Plymouth in the top two though? Simply based on the fact that it's a fair-sized city (about the same size as us) and the only other league team anywhere near them is Exeter.

Sure I've seen that before, so you really can't read much into it.

Unfortunately I reckon Derby have a bigger fan base than us.

Strongly disagree. Think their impressive attendances are a result of decent PR and good pricing. If we swapped the mentality of the two clubs around our numbers would absolutely cream theirs.

Similar yes, but also consistently lower.

Indeed, just worked out that they've been about 450 lower in the past four seasons - and that's with more success in the league.

To be honest, it's the attendance that really matters - all this "fanbase" stuff is a bit irrelevant, I don't really want a fanbase of half a million who only turn up to a few games a season. I'd much prefer to have a smaller one where everyone turns up to most of the games - more likely to be passionate about the team and generate an atmosphere.

Definitely bigger than us; Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Rangers, Celtic, Aston Villa, Man City, Leeds

Similar, give or take; Norwich, Southampton, Hearts (under-rated), Sheff Weds, Forest, Derby, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough (under-rated again IMO), Cardiff, Wolves, WBA, Birmingham.

Bound to be some I've forgot, not a chance we're 12th biggest though.

They have a relatively poor fanbase for the amazing success they've had in the past, as they keep telling us.

That's true really, for the size of Nottinghamshire + their history, their fanbase is fvcking appalling.

I think ours has it's "days" more than them too. Claim it's a one way rivalry all you want, but the numbers we took to each other last season said it all to me.

I now live in the South West but still manage at least 10 matches home and away every season so I support my team in voice and financially.

Don't want to get embroiled in semantics, but a fan, or supporter, whatever you wish to be called, surely has to support the team financially. Most of my colleagues in Bristol so say support Man utd, Liverpool Chelsea etc but have never been to see them play. Are they included in the fan base?

Definitely bigger than us; Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Rangers, Celtic, Aston Villa, Man City, Leeds

Similar, give or take; Norwich, Southampton, Hearts (under-rated), Sheff Weds, Forest, Derby, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough (under-rated again IMO), Cardiff, Wolves, WBA, Birmingham.

Was just about to mention these. Although they only average around 15,000 they are said to have a lot of fans all over. I'd say Wednesday and Norwich have more than us, but you can't really judge it.

Disagree with Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough, Wolves and Birmingham. Think we have a bigger fanbase than them.

I suppose like has been said, it depends how you define it.

Guest bss9401

Maybe we should accept the Tigers into the equation. Hull would have the whole of East Yorkshire based on the geographical element but are more known as a rugger town. Places like Worcester and Gloucester would have a big fanbase but have no pro football team. Hard to define it all really.

Archived