Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrentFox

Are we good ? Are we a lucky ? Or do the two go together ?

There may have been elements of luck during the game, but did anyone honestly think that wolves or Boro played better than us?

I didn't so I'm not sure where this is coming from. Wolves were unlucky to miss some good chances, we were just as unlucky to miss some good chances, or it wasn't luck it was shit finishing.

Bad luck is things like having vardy's goal ruled out by the linesman for no reason, or a penalty (not) given incorrectly or getting a ridiculous red card decision. Even then that is not ban luck but shit officiating. In reality luck doesn't exist, it is chance, you take no chances you get no rewards, you take more chances you increase your odds of getting the reward.

Everything that happened on Thursday was our ability or theirs, hitting the post is just a bad shot, a wonder save from the keeper is just that. We won because we scored more goals than them.

this is a bit knee-jerk surely, we've been the better team 90% of the games we have played this season, regardless of the result (which has normally gone our way too).

such a cliché but no way we are going to batter every single team that comes to the KP, and Nige has done well to give us a counter-attacking Plan B, to use when our total football Plan A is not on song.

Ill do it this way:

Games we were lucky in: Wolves(H) Gained 2 points, Middlesborough(H) Gained 2, Barnsley(H) Gained 1, Brighton(H) Gained 2, Middlesborough(A) Gained 2, Blackpool(H) Gained 2.(11 Gained).

Games we were unlucky in: Cardiff(H) Lost 1 Point, N Forest(H) Lost 2, Birmingham(A) Lost 2, Wolves(A) Lost 1, Blackburn(A) Lost 3, Charlton(A) Lost 1.(10 Lost).

IMO kinda equals it up but in fact Id say we have been lucky in quite a few. Could easily of lost 4 points from Brighton/Middlesborough other than Kasper's saves. Lucky Dyer winner gained us 2 cheeky points at the riverside. Vardy bailed us out against Barnsley, Abismel Vs Wolves 2nd half easily could have cost another 2. Even Blackpool a very lucky pen got us the win and they had a few great chances first half.

Other than the first 3 away games, we havnt deserved much more than we have got. Cardiff is debatable, due to battering them at first, but in truth we were utterly sh*te 2nd half and they EASILY held us off. Forest with a joke of a decision is probably the only game I genuinly felt robbed since the first 3 away games. Birmingham away although we should have been ahead, Marshall bailed us out so even could be classed as a point gained!

We have been pretty lucky at times, but I do feel you make your own luck!

Granted we didn't play well against Wolves or Boro but we should have had a pen against Wolves, Henry should have been sent off and even there goal could have been disallowed. Again, Boro, we weren't at our best but we still hit the woodwork 3 times! Not exactly what you call lucky.

Blackpool we got a dubious pen but we should have had 2 other blatent ones. Even my brother who loves to wind me up about Leicester said how unlucky we were in that game.

Also, the way you've worked out the luck is to just change the game but 1 goal when in reality, we deserved to get 2+ goals in some of those games.

We have been far more unlucky than lucky, that's for sure.

Oh, and the phrase 'you make your own luck' or 'luck balances itself out' where just invented but the lucky to appease themselves. The style of football we play and the manner in which we approach games should mean that we our deserving of luck but we don't often get it.

Personally, I thought we were lucky. Lucky to have Wes Morgan. Lucky to have Nugent's eye for goal and skill to execute. Lucky SEB had two bad late misses. Lucky Keane's nervousness and indecision didn't cost us more. Someone will undoubtedly trot out the hackneyed "you have to win when you're not playing well" line. (Probably on page 2, when they can't be arsed to read the OP's comment). Having said all that, is that what the extra budget we run to gets you ? The best defender and arguably the best 'confidence finisher' in the division ? Is that what a good manager instils into his team - that you just keep working hard no matter how it's going ? Either way, we were lucky they were very average and down on confidence perhaps. Final thoughts, anybody else think the playing surface was exceptionally poor - almost as bad as the first touch of Wood ?

I think NP would call having Morgan and Nugent good planning and scouting.

We have a good team, but even teams like Barc and Man U need luck at times.

If your going to get promotion, you will more than likely have a mixture of four things.

Big wins - Like Ipswich and Huddersfield

1-0 or 2-0 wins - Nice comfortable performances

Hard fought scrappy wins - Have had a couple of them this season

And lucky wins - You can count our last two home matches as lucky

Think we have had a massive mixture of wins this season, all of which fit into those four categories.

Archived