Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrentFox

Are we good ? Are we a lucky ? Or do the two go together ?

Personally, I thought we were lucky. Lucky to have Wes Morgan. Lucky to have Nugent's eye for goal and skill to execute. Lucky SEB had two bad late misses. Lucky Keane's nervousness and indecision didn't cost us more. Someone will undoubtedly trot out the hackneyed "you have to win when you're not playing well" line. (Probably on page 2, when they can't be arsed to read the OP's comment). Having said all that, is that what the extra budget we run to gets you ? The best defender and arguably the best 'confidence finisher' in the division ? Is that what a good manager instils into his team - that you just keep working hard no matter how it's going ? Either way, we were lucky they were very average and down on confidence perhaps. Final thoughts, anybody else think the playing surface was exceptionally poor - almost as bad as the first touch of Wood ?

We aren't lucky, you can't be second this far in on luck alone, we've had several games where we've dominated and not finished our chances. Not our best tonight but we scored twice and held on.

Mixture of good play and luck.

We created many chances our self which we could/should have put away... we should also of had a peno or/and a man sent off, yes we did get lucky in the end but they we're lucky not to be 2-0 down or more by half time.

Morgan was superb in the second half, great run from dyer as well to open up the space for nugent.

We're on a good run, lucky maybe you need to luck though.

Man U got battered by Southampton. And still won. Winning mentality is rare but when you get it you've got to work to keep it. United , as much as they have their haters, are the best at it. They gave respect after the game but during the game made sure they did what they needed to get those 3 points!

We got battered second half, lucky yes but I've been fed up of explaining to other people 'that we dominated' teams but didnt get the result. Now I can just point to the table and feel fantastic!

Let's keep it going boys!!

We were lucky tonight and I thought against Boro, although we hit the WW 3/4 times that had they had some quality up front like we have it might have been a different story. That said, we've played some great football and dominated games too. I'm happy that we can win ugly, we wouldn't have done that in previous seasons.

We can't always play great, but we stick together and never quit, because that's what Foxes do!

Tonight we were lucky. We could have easily drew that game. But to me, luck runs more or less even during a season, and we had absolutely none for the first 10 games of the season. The amount of times we hit post and bar at the start of the season or lost when we played so much better than the opposition is just starting to even itself out is all :)

This is the opposite side of the coin to the 'unlucky' argument when we were losing matches earlier in the season.

I tried to tell ya then that it's not about luck, you make your own over the course of a season.

We've won 5 on the trot not due to luck, but to having better players (eg Wood for Vardy) and because we are playing with more confidence.

I thought we were pretty unlucky tonight.

Couldn't get a decision, fifty fifty balls just weren't dropping for us, was a poor night all round.

Winning ugly is important so I'm chuffed but it wasn't fantastic entertainment and we've played much, much better this year. We've probably played better and lost.

We were lucky tonight and I thought against Boro, although we hit the WW 3/4 times that had they had some quality up front like we have it might have been a different story. That said, we've played some great football and dominated games too. I'm happy that we can win ugly, we wouldn't have done that in previous seasons.

We can't always play great, but we stick together and never quit, because that's what Foxes do!

On the subject of which, did anybody else clock Futacs fist-pump at the final whistle ? Top reaction from what must be a frustrated player. Good for him.

Archived