Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrentFox

Are we good ? Are we a lucky ? Or do the two go together ?

Over the course of the last ten years it seems that when Nigel Pearson's our manager we're lucky and when he's not we're unlucky. It's got nothing to do with luck really, he's built a good squad, with talented players who enjoy working together as he has in previous years and the result of that is we're second in the league.

Over the course of the last ten years it seems that when Nigel Pearson's our manager we're lucky and when he's not we're unlucky. It's got nothing to do with luck really, he's built a good squad, with talented players who enjoy working together as he has in previous years and the result of that is we're second in the league.

I don't think anyone's saying that. I don't think anyone's even saying we've been lucky over the course of the season, just tonight.

We were lucky to get three points tonight, they were much better than us in the second half.

I don't think anyone's saying that. I don't think anyone's even saying we've been lucky over the course of the season, just tonight.

I know, my point is there's a reason we get these lucky wins under Pearson that we've rarely got under other managers in recent years.

I know, my point is there's a reason we get these lucky wins under Pearson that we've rarely got under other managers in recent years.

......we very rarely win lucky under Pearson. I think I can count the occasions it's happened this season on one hand. If anything under Pearson we have been extremely unlucky.

Over the course of a season, you end up where you deserve to be.

Saying you were lucky in one game but unlucky in another is a waste of time. When all is said and done, you go up if you're better than the rest. We are very much better than anything in this league.

Tonight we were lucky. We could have easily drew that game. But to me, luck runs more or less even during a season, and we had absolutely none for the first 10 games of the season. The amount of times we hit post and bar at the start of the season or lost when we played so much better than the opposition is just starting to even itself out is all :)

Correct. There have been plenty of games where we have had no luck at all. You could say we didn't have the look in terms of Henry not getting sent off and is not getting that blatant penalty.

Personally, I thought we were lucky. Lucky to have Wes Morgan. Lucky to have Nugent's eye for goal and skill to execute. Lucky SEB had two bad late misses. Lucky Keane's nervousness and indecision didn't cost us more. Someone will undoubtedly trot out the hackneyed "you have to win when you're not playing well" line. (Probably on page 2, when they can't be arsed to read the OP's comment). Having said all that, is that what the extra budget we run to gets you ? The best defender and arguably the best 'confidence finisher' in the division ? Is that what a good manager instils into his team - that you just keep working hard no matter how it's going ? Either way, we were lucky they were very average and down on confidence perhaps. Final thoughts, anybody else think the playing surface was exceptionally poor - almost as bad as the first touch of Wood ?

Don't! Please, just don't!

Seriously though, as people have already mentioned, we had a lot of 'bad luck' early on in the season. You could argue that we were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty and/or Wolves being reduced to ten men.

LUCKY?!?! How long have you been supporting Leicester for??? Can't think of any team that's as unlucky as us. We must have hit the woodwork 25+ times this season, we rarely get decsions our way and good players normally decide to become bad players when they join Leicester.

The last 2 games we haven't played well but we have finally started to get some breaks going our way and I'm over the moon about it.

Ill do it this way:

Games we were lucky in: Wolves(H) Gained 2 points, Middlesborough(H) Gained 2, Barnsley(H) Gained 1, Brighton(H) Gained 2, Middlesborough(A) Gained 2, Blackpool(H) Gained 2.(11 Gained).

Games we were unlucky in: Cardiff(H) Lost 1 Point, N Forest(H) Lost 2, Birmingham(A) Lost 2, Wolves(A) Lost 1, Blackburn(A) Lost 3, Charlton(A) Lost 1.(10 Lost).

IMO kinda equals it up but in fact Id say we have been lucky in quite a few. Could easily of lost 4 points from Brighton/Middlesborough other than Kasper's saves. Lucky Dyer winner gained us 2 cheeky points at the riverside. Vardy bailed us out against Barnsley, Abismel Vs Wolves 2nd half easily could have cost another 2. Even Blackpool a very lucky pen got us the win and they had a few great chances first half.

Other than the first 3 away games, we havnt deserved much more than we have got. Cardiff is debatable, due to battering them at first, but in truth we were utterly sh*te 2nd half and they EASILY held us off. Forest with a joke of a decision is probably the only game I genuinly felt robbed since the first 3 away games. Birmingham away although we should have been ahead, Marshall bailed us out so even could be classed as a point gained!

We have been pretty lucky at times, but I do feel you make your own luck!

Archived