Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Marshall song

Think up an easy to learn, good sounding song for Drinkwater, Nugent, Wood, Schmeichel, Morgan, De laet and we'll sing them just for you.

To the tune 'Lets talk about sex' by Salt and Pepper

Lets talk about Wood baby

Lets talk about Konchesky

Lets talk about David Nugent, Kasper Schmeichel and Drinky

Think up an easy to learn, good sounding song for Drinkwater, Nugent, Wood, Schmeichel, Morgan, De laet and we'll sing them just for you.

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear "Drinkwater", "Nugent", "Wood", "Schmeichel", "Morgan", "De laet"

Happy birthday to you

players such as Drinkwater, Nugent, wood, schmeichel, Morgan, de laet etc have no songs

Ohhh Danny Danny! Danny, Danny, Danny, Danny Drinkwater!

David Nugent

He plays for England

And he represents the famous Leicester City

Against the 'Boro

He waaaas the scorer

and he's (gonna/gone and) scored another one tonight!

NUGENT!

We signed a lad, from Albion!

His name's Chris Wood and he scores for fun!

standard shouting 'Kasper Schmeichel' lol

Wesle Morgan is a blue...

Wes, Wes Morgan!

De Laet's the way AHA AHA

I like it, AHA AHA lol

Seriously though, you are the sterotypical FoxesTalk poster. We're second in the League, with an uncatchable goal difference. Just gone a month picking up maximum leaue points as well as being unbeaten this year. The last time we had 50 points at this stage of the season, we were promoted. Almost everyone, whether Leicester fan or not, seems to think this is the year we go up!

BUT YOU! You just couldn't possibly function if there wasn't something to moan about. It's clear that you're scraping the barrel now for shit like this. Please fvck off

Why on earth does it get sung so much? He has been consistently one of our poorest performers all season now. Fair enough, sing it if he's having a great game or has scored a goal. But seems odd ! Especially as players such as Drinkwater, Nugent, wood, schmeichel, Morgan, de laet etc have no songs or have pathetic ones. Like 'wes, wes Morgan' That was bambas?

Firstly, sir, you are weirdo, complaining about a song being sung at football match :crylaugh:. Don't like it, don't sing it and go sing something different!

Secondly, you've got a point, because it wasn't really Marshall song during last game.

It just happens that that particular song has Ben Marshalls name in it, and a lot of fans enjoy joining in with it and therefore creating more of an atmosphere.

A lot of clubs around the world use that same song but without anyones name in it. The point is that the song would be sung anyway, our fans have simply added Marshalls name to it.

Love singing it, but I think it gets slower and slower everytime that it's sung.

This. Frankly, we attempted to sing 'original', Italian style Dale Cavese last Thursday, at different pace than 'our' Marshall song, with much more 'la la la' in it :P .

At first, lot of people in L1 joined with 'Ben Marshall!' bit, but after few relapses it faded, and the song was carrying on without his name in it.

I know, from outside L1 it sounded like BM song, but believe me it wasn't intentional :thumbup: .

So much pleasure in this rythm :wub: !

Why do we sing that scarf waving song at home, it's an away song surely. We should stop singing it at home as it adds to the atmosphere and the atmosphere has not been doing very well at home so why should we sing and try to improve it, it just doesn't deserve it till it improves.

To be honest I'd love us to come up with more songs to original and unique tunes.

It seems all we're coming up with at the moment are rip-offs of what those leading the UK fan scene (Celtic, Man United, Palace etc) were doing 3 or 4 years ago. There were a load of Barnsley in Blackpool town centre today and they were all doing WLY, that Marseille/Celtic one, Dale Cavese etc.

It's so boring to hear everyone in England sing the same things. Kind of why I'm glad the Marshall song sounds nothing like Dale Cavese.

We've got some great tunes that no-one bothers to sing except in pubs before away games.

Less fad, more trad please.

To be honest I'd love us to come up with more songs to original and unique tunes.

It seems all we're coming up with at the moment are rip-offs of what those leading the UK fan scene (Celtic, Man United, Palace etc) were doing 3 or 4 years ago. There were a load of Barnsley in Blackpool town centre today and they were all doing WLY, that Marseille/Celtic one, Dale Cavese etc.

It's so boring to hear everyone in England sing the same things. Kind of why I'm glad the Marshall song sounds nothing like Dale Cavese.

We've got some great tunes that no-one bothers to sing except in pubs before away games.

The whole WYS thing will get discussed again and nothing will happen about it. Torquay away was great because a lot of the old chants got an airing, some I hadn't heard before. It's like the Melbourne song, that was first attempted around Posh last year but still hasn't really caught on despite it being unique in England and simple. I've also seen their version of Horto Magiko which is great but there is no chance it could ever catch on here, the usual suspects would moan about it anyway.

If Just can't get enough comes out at Posh, Im giving up. People around me at Huddersfield were loving it but they refused to join in with the Nugent song because it was 'gay'

You are so theoretical... :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more to be fair.

Why on earth does it get sung so much? He has been consistently one of our poorest performers all season now. Fair enough, sing it if he's having a great game or has scored a goal. But seems odd ! Especially as players such as Drinkwater, Nugent, wood, schmeichel, Morgan, de laet etc have no songs or have pathetic ones. Like 'wes, wes Morgan' That was bambas?

Probably started by a 12 year old who thought it was funny. I've never sung it and never will.

Archived