Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Marshall song

Why on earth does it get sung so much? He has been consistently one of our poorest performers all season now. Fair enough, sing it if he's having a great game or has scored a goal. But seems odd ! Especially as players such as Drinkwater, Nugent, wood, schmeichel, Morgan, de laet etc have no songs or have pathetic ones. Like 'wes, wes Morgan' That was bambas?

Why on earth does it get sung so much? He has been consistently one of our poorest performers all season now. Fair enough, sing it if he's having a great game or has scored a goal. But seems odd ! Especially as players such as Drinkwater, Nugent, wood, schmeichel, Morgan, de laet etc have no songs or have pathetic ones. Like 'wes, wes Morgan' That was bambas?

You are completely right, we should stop supporting the players when they aren't playing very well. It's not like that's the time when the need it most! Deary me!!

So you think the players that are playing great football such as drinkwater don't deserve a song. And a player like Marshall who is consistently poor but scores a screamer every 10 games deserves a song! Wowzers

That's exactly what everyone has said

So you think the players that are playing great football such as drinkwater don't deserve a song. And a player like Marshall who is consistently poor but scores a screamer every 10 games deserves a song! Wowzers

You are missing the point. If the song was about Drinkwater or anyone else it would be sung just as much. It just happens that that particular song has Ben Marshalls name in it, and a lot of fans enjoy joining in with it and therefore creating more of an atmosphere.

A lot of clubs around the world use that same song but without anyones name in it. The point is that the song would be sung anyway, our fans have simply added Marshalls name to it.

We support the team, regardless. Marshall is still a good player, and I believe he will come back into the player that he was. The song is one of my favourites, and when everybody gets going it is an excellent song.

Maybe its because most fans appreciate the effort he puts in and will support players for trying their best. You can fault the lad for that and you should get behind your players through the good and bad times and stop being so fickle.

Some people just hate life don't they lol

I'd rather us sing about Ben Marshall than sing nothing at all. Our home atmosphere can be terrible at times, but the Marshall chant along with We Love You gets the crowd going. I sit in the West Stand (unfortunately) and those 2 are the only songs that everyone joins in chanting!

If you've got no better suggestion then you've got no leg to stand on IMO.

As for the Morgan song, I find that one pretty funny to be fair purely because he's started performing a few Bamba-like runs, only he doesn't end up conceding the ball.

IMO we don't sing it enough. He tries hard everygame he plays but it just doesn't seem to be clicking. We need to sing it more to get his confidence back up and then hopefully he will start to score those screamers again.

If the player is on the pitch doesnt matter if its wellens, gallagher or marshall. if their having a poor game, lets do our job and get behind them.

surely this will help them grow in confidence and hopefully produce better performances on the pitch.

Archived