Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Palmerston Arms

Friendly Real Ale Pub for Peterborough

Hi there,

I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutes walk from the ground), we serve 10 different real ales all drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.

Sorry but we don't sell lager.

As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.

Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmerston/?bookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.

We will be serving up Hog Roast pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutes walk from a Fish and Chip shop.

To help with Sat – Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA

If arriving by train we are 20 minutes walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx £4.50)

We can also help with safe secure parking before, during and after the game - please ring me Ian on 01733 565865 and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.

Oh and UTP

Hi there,

I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutes walk from the ground), we serve 10 different real ales all drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.

Sorry but we don't sell lager.

As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.

Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmerston/?bookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.

We will be serving up Hog Roast pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutes walk from a Fish and Chip shop.

To help with Sat – Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA

If arriving by train we are 20 minutes walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx £4.50)

We can also help with safe secure parking before, during and after the game - please ring me Ian on 01733 565865 and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.

Oh and UTP

How much for parking. Would we likely get any hassle/trouble or is it 'friendly'

My dad used to work at Marshalls in the 80s so The Palmerstone was one his lunch time pubs.

There are a few pubs on Oundle Road, The Cherry Tree is the last before the ground. The Office (if thats what its still called) and the Palmerstone Arms are the other side of the road about 100 yards further up. All 3 are busy but you get served promptly. also no problem getting Lager for the youngsters.

Place I'd avoid is the infamous Charters, everyone rates it as the best real ale bar (its a boat on the River Nene, almost underneath the ground) Its always packed and never has that many staff, I find it claustrophobic. Went there one year and wouldn't return.

I didn't know the Palmerstone had a car park, i've always used the Cherry Tree, and personally always used that as a start for a mini pub crawl up Oundle Road (the Office has a Pool table). There is off street parking (free) in the streets opposite The Palmerstone and beyond if you want to try that. At the end of the match the streets are always pandemonium, i find a post match pint is always nice and then the roads are clear.

Best Real Ale pub around the ground is off one of the side streets - The Coalheavers Arms.

Haven't been in there myself but recommended by a Peterborough supporter colleague.

Heard its another good match destination as again gets full but has decent staff and no long waits.

http://www.individua...vers/where.html

Personally I think theres pretty decent options, but avoid Charters.

I'm not sure about a taxi, if I recall correctly it can't be much more than a brisk 5 minute walk from the Palmerstone to the ground, leave at 2.50pm should be ok to get in?

We have parking at the Old Rectory 2 minutes walk from the pub, its walled in has CCTV and someone will be there - just give us a call if you'd like to park there to avoid disappointment.

I mentioned a taxi as an easy way to get to us from the station cacabolsa is quite correct leave the Palmerstone at 2.50 and given a brisk walk and a fair wind you'll be in the ground for kick off.

You'll find us a friendly pub with a good mix of Posh and away supporters, good food easily available, experienced friendly bar staff including a dedicated glass collector and a wide choice of Ales served from the cask.

I'll post an up to date beer list Friday night but you'll be looking at 10 different Real Ales (including a Porter and a Mild) plus Real Ciders - the Black Rat was particularly popular with the Burnley boys last week.

Oh and UTP

My dad used to work at Marshalls in the 80s so The Palmerstone was one his lunch time pubs.

There are a few pubs on Oundle Road, The Cherry Tree is the last before the ground. The Office (if thats what its still called) and the Palmerstone Arms are the other side of the road about 100 yards further up. All 3 are busy but you get served promptly. also no problem getting Lager for the youngsters.

Place I'd avoid is the infamous Charters, everyone rates it as the best real ale bar (its a boat on the River Nene, almost underneath the ground) Its always packed and never has that many staff, I find it claustrophobic. Went there one year and wouldn't return.

I didn't know the Palmerstone had a car park, i've always used the Cherry Tree, and personally always used that as a start for a mini pub crawl up Oundle Road (the Office has a Pool table). There is off street parking (free) in the streets opposite The Palmerstone and beyond if you want to try that. At the end of the match the streets are always pandemonium, i find a post match pint is always nice and then the roads are clear.

Best Real Ale pub around the ground is off one of the side streets - The Coalheavers Arms.

Haven't been in there myself but recommended by a Peterborough supporter colleague.

Heard its another good match destination as again gets full but has decent staff and no long waits.

http://www.individua...vers/where.html

Personally I think theres pretty decent options, but avoid Charters.

I'm not sure about a taxi, if I recall correctly it can't be much more than a brisk 5 minute walk from the Palmerstone to the ground, leave at 2.50pm should be ok to get in?

Stink on Palmerston arms

round with a flattish top and bottom and soft - reminds me of someone.

Id love to call but after the full english and fish and chips id be struggling to deal with sausage rolls and real ale tbh.

Good post hope everything goes well and you have a good days trade

Archived