Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

back up strikers

our back up striker are not good enough to partner nuge in attack,waghorn is simply not an impact player, I actually like waghorn but he's the sort of player that needs games as proved with how good he was earlier in the season when he had a run of games, not an impact player. vardy is not anywhere near good enough for this league, misses far too many chances and runs around aimlessly not really getting anywhere, I just wish nigel would give futacs a go, seems the only player that makes a decent impact when he comes on. Was gutted yesterday but in some ways I think everyone was sort of expecting it deep down, have to bounce back quick!

Agree, sort of.... Vardy is not going to get us the 20 goals we need, lacks confidence, not strong enough. Waghorn is a decent sub, that's all. He will never be prolific. His set piece delivery has improved no end, he will make a better midfielder.

We need a striker if wood is out. Get Jamie Mackie on loan!

Vardy does lack the confidence. I like him though. But I don't rate him that highly, and I just don't rate Waghorn. We all know who our two best strikers are, and sadly one of those is out injured at the minute. I don't think they have to worry about competition though! I'd certainly give Futacs a go.

unclesam-meme-generator-martyn-waghorn-needs-you-for-target-practice-d16c11.jpg

Waggy was great in the P/O season when he was on loan, but he seems to have gone backwards from there. As for Vardy - he does seem to be struggling to adapt to championship football, I'd look at sending him out on loan to somewhere like Barnsley where he can perhaps have a bit of a crack at adjusting to this level.

Futacs and Waghorn up top for me vs SheWasOnlyAYorkshireLass. How can any back-up strikers cover for first-choice goal scorers if they never get any serious game time ? Please not Vardy. Nothing against the guy - his work-rate is fabulous and he can still be a good player here, but as we approach the business end of a potential promotion season, Waggy is the better bet as first replacement and needs to play. Futacs plays for me because I'm desperate to see what he is capable of doing at some stage before I die !!!

They are both in very poor form.

So what do we want then people? Dip into the loan market?

Who can we get at this stage that will definitely get us goals off the bench and be happy to be on the bench?

Not being sarcastic just a genuine question :)

Another question, if wed have defended properly and we had seen out the win yesterday...would we still have this thread?

Just a thought

Chances are, whoever we bring in will be available because they have not been playing at their own club. Same rules then apply. Doesn't matter who we could get, without game time, they are unlikely to just step up and produce the goods. This season has seen the 'benefit' of a fairly obvious starting 11, (well, the majority of the 11). Downside is that others are seriously rusty when called upon. We can't have it both ways as we saw whilst Waggy gradually hit some kind of form earlier in the season before we signed Wood ..... it just takes time and patience. As a club, we don't have much time, and as supporters we have virtually no patience !

In retrospect, it's a shame Schlupp wasn't given a lenghthy spell up front during the second half of last season when play-offs were clearly going to pass us by.

I don't say that it's certain that he would have made the grade and put himself in contention come the start of this season, but in previous seasons (admittedly, mostly at a lower level) he showed the sort of accuracy in finishing that our current 2nd choice strikers simply lack.

If you just look at yesterday - 24 shots of which 11 on target, but only 1 goal to show.

Even if he comes back from Man U, has the opportunity now passed him by?

Chances are, whoever we bring in will be available because they have not been playing at their own club. Same rules then apply. Doesn't matter who we could get, without game time, they are unlikely to just step up and produce the goods. This season has seen the 'benefit' of a fairly obvious starting 11, (well, the majority of the 11). Downside is that others are seriously rusty when called upon. We can't have it both ways as we saw whilst Waggy gradually hit some kind of form earlier in the season before we signed Wood ..... it just takes time and patience. As a club, we don't have much time, and as supporters we have virtually no patience !

Very good points.

Whilst I, as all fans do, have ferocious views on some areas. We are 2nd and so I'm going to trust Nigel and his choices and accept yesterday was one of those days! Of all the games we've lost this season they have ALL been by a single goal margin.

That's progress right there. We all deep down wish waghorn and vardy would perform and would score on request off the bench but if that were the case, they wouldn't be on the bench in the first place.

Archived