Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

My Leicester City

And right there is where we see why we're wasting our breath. Defending their behaviour because they have a right to do it and abusing those who try to tell them to get behind the team instead of dragging them down and slagging them off

haha, all this get behind the players and they'll win stuff is rubbish. If a bloke has paid to watch his team play and he thinks they aren't trying or playing crap he is entitled to tell them. You sound like the sort of div that waits in the car park before to see the players turn up and says hello and thinks the players are mates of yours. The players don't give a crap about the fans, or what they shout or don't shout.

They earn thousands of pounds a week, do your really think they care about someone shouting that they are shit? lol

get a grip ffs and stop pretending you're all in for supporter of the year

How I'd love to be back at Filbert Street in the 90's

We have some of the worst supporters going for some reason. When we first moved into the walkers stadium for a good few years there was very little negativity. It seems ever since we got promoted from league 1 our fans seem to expect too much from us.

I seriously doubt that was the case. First season aside we were ****in awful for about 5 years after moving

Our home 'support' makes me sick. It's so, so shit and I'm not talking about lack of singing etc... (although that's also a problem), just the arrogant, almost waiting for them to fail. It's a fvcking laughing stock and although most places have pretty quiet home fans, I don't see this shite happening up and down the country.

I bet you it does though. Our support I'd imagine is similar in terms of negativity to most of the similar sized clubs in the league. Wolves and Bolton will not have been cauldrons of cheering and singing lately. There will have been plenty of grumbling moaning and booing at Forest, Derby and Blackburn at times this season and whilst Boro and Hull might be in the promotion mix up they will still have given the team grief at times when they've lost to seemingly inferior teams. The reason you wont see it is cos you dont go and watch them! Moaning happens to all teams when you play poorly and lose or when you lose to a percieved weaker opponent. Arsenal were given as an example above and you can be sure that the same thing has been happening at man city and chelsea recently. It has always been this way and always will be.

haha, all this get behind the players and they'll win stuff is rubbish. If a bloke has paid to watch his team play and he thinks they aren't trying or playing crap he is entitled to tell them. You sound like the sort of div that waits in the car park before to see the players turn up and says hello and thinks the players are mates of yours. The players don't give a crap about the fans, or what they shout or don't shout.

They earn thousands of pounds a week, do your really think they care about someone shouting that they are shit? lol

get a grip ffs and stop pretending you're all in for supporter of the year

How I'd love to be back at Filbert Street in the 90's

Never once have I hung around before or after a game or even said hello if I ran across a player in town. I'm not a starry eyed kid. What I do understand is the difference that positive support and negativity can make to a teams performance, something you clearly don't. Everyone knows a miserable, negative person that just sucks energy as soon as they walk in to a room and makes everyone else miserable, that's what you're doing to everyone around you. You may have a right to shout what you like, but everyone else also has a right not to have to listen to it. If you want to act like an arsehole, why pay for the privilege and inflict yourself on everyone else when you can stay at home, do it for free and shout abuse, jeer and boo to your hearts content without dragging everyone else down?

Never once have I hung around before or after a game or even said hello if I ran across a player in town. I'm not a starry eyed kid. What I do understand is the difference that positive support and negativity can make to a teams performance, something you clearly don't. Everyone knows a miserable, negative person that just sucks energy as soon as they walk in to a room and makes everyone else miserable, that's what you're doing to everyone around you. You may have a right to shout what you like, but everyone else also has a right not to have to listen to it. If you want to act like an arsehole, why pay for the privilege and inflict yourself on everyone else when you can stay at home, do it for free and shout abuse, jeer and boo to your hearts content without dragging everyone else down?

lol, so if a player on £20K a week isn't performing you don't think the hard working cash strapped fan should show his dissappointment incase it upsets other around with 'negative energy (man, peace out)' PMSL

Top 10 material you are pal for best supporter of all time lol

I seriously doubt that was the case. First season aside we were ****in awful for about 5 years after moving

I bet you it does though. Our support I'd imagine is similar in terms of negativity to most of the similar sized clubs in the league. Wolves and Bolton will not have been cauldrons of cheering and singing lately. There will have been plenty of grumbling moaning and booing at Forest, Derby and Blackburn at times this season and whilst Boro and Hull might be in the promotion mix up they will still have given the team grief at times when they've lost to seemingly inferior teams. The reason you wont see it is cos you dont go and watch them! Moaning happens to all teams when you play poorly and lose or when you lose to a percieved weaker opponent. Arsenal were given as an example above and you can be sure that the same thing has been happening at man city and chelsea recently. It has always been this way and always will be.

The poor sensitive soul most of forgot all the shit that Steve Keane got at Blackburn lol

FFS, even Man City fans have booed their team off at half time this season lol

Great post. In the previous 2 seasons we have been 4-6 points off the play offs not 4 points clear of 7th with 2 games in hand. We are victims of our success this season, as fans think we can win every game.

People are entitltles to opinions. But so many moaners come out of the wood work when we lose. In the end we have only lost 2 league games this year.

Just get behind them and we can still do this.

Just get behind them and we can still do this.

Not taking the piss but do you seriously believe that? Promotion is down to the fans?

I wonder why it is when our over paid, over hyped players (and manager) fail to deliver its always the fans fault? If you demand big money to perform and then don't, is it any wonder it opens the door to the cynical moaners?

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I wonder why it is when our over paid, over hyped players (and manager) fail to deliver its always the fans fault? If you demand big money to perform and then don't, is it any wonder it opens the door to the cynical moaners?

Does that mean if all get behind the lads and we do deliver. I get paid 10k?

Whenever I go to watch a match I always sit with my back to the game and evaluate the performance of the 11 fans behind me. I have a scoring card for each on which I judge them on categories such as positivity, noise generated (this can be too high, can't stand shouting), ability to sing in the correct key, depth and tempo of applause, attire, timekeeping and so on. I'll interject with advice whenever I see a behaviour that can be improved upon, and at the end of the game i'll present my evaluation to each fan along with suggestions on how they can improve. I like to think I'm doing my bit to improve performances on the pitch.

Does that mean if all get behind the lads and we do deliver. I get paid 10k?

I have always been of the opinion that you cannot turn form on and off like a tap. we lost momentum at Huddersfield by part resting a team in form, we forfeited the replay IMO, (as huddsfields last two efforts have underlined), now when we need to step it up again its not there. this is the second time this season we have had momentum then lost it. we are not good enough to tinker with the team and adjust it according to the opponents. who is responsible for this ? go figure, but its the reason why fans are getting frustrated, 5 straight wins its happy days, (we vowed we wouldn't slump for a second time), then three straight defeats against poor sides..

Exactly what I hate about modern day football. You thinking you're better than other people around you and only you are entitled to an opinion and no one else is, and if they dare say say anything different they are instantly wrong.

The fella paid his money and if he thinks they played crap or something was crap then he as every right to say so

The OP paid his money and if he thinks this guy is talking out of his arse or ruining his enjoyment of the match, he's totally within his rights to say so too. It goes both ways. If you're going to be so vocal when you talk shit and scream abuse throughout the match, don't be surprised when people think you're a cretin and call you up on it.

Whenever I go to watch a match I always sit with my back to the game and evaluate the performance of the 11 fans behind me. I have a scoring card for each on which I judge them on categories such as positivity, noise generated (this can be too high, can't stand shouting), ability to sing in the correct key, depth and tempo of applause, attire, timekeeping and so on. I'll interject with advice whenever I see a behaviour that can be improved upon, and at the end of the game i'll present my evaluation to each fan along with suggestions on how they can improve. I like to think I'm doing my bit to improve performances on the pitch.

stop resting your starting eleven, we are losing momentum.

The OP paid his money and if he thinks this guy is talking out of his arse or ruining his enjoyment of the match, he's totally within his rights to say so too. It goes both ways. If you're going to be so vocal when you talk shit and scream abuse throughout the match, don't be surprised when people think you're a cretin and call you up on it.

I have no issue with that, read what he said, he don't want no one moaning about the team, in his mind it his way or no way. Massive difference to what you posted

I try not to moan at all when I go - there are some people who sit behind me who drive me spare with their constant negative shit.

But last night was so frustrating and I was definitely one of those you'd have heard going "Urrrgh" or "for fvck's sake". Not a lot, but when you see a team not only devoid of ideas but failing to do the basics right (not challenging for headers), its hard not to be a bit pissed off.

I have no issue with that, read what he said, he don't want no one moaning about the team, in his mind it his way or no way. Massive difference to what you posted

So what? That's his opinion, just as you think it's everyone's right to moan all they want. You can''t get all high and mighty about letting people have their opinions while saying someone else shouldn't be allowed to have theirs.

I think people are missing the point / reading what they want to see. Nowhere did I say 'I'm a better fan'. I'm of the opinion that being positive and supportive generally encourages a positive atmosphere that logically, is more likely to spark a positive outcome than loads of boo'd and jeers.

I can understand the guys frustration and we both came to the conclusion in our little argument that the team were playing shit.

He's got a right to voice his opinion which ill respect. However, so have I. If that means calling him up on the nonsense he's spouting, then so be it. We all want the same outcome this season.

People have missed my point. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. We've lost the sentiment to why we are all there. I go because I love the club. I go because its something I've always done, and always will. I go to support the team and try influence the outcome by encouraging the lads.

lol, so if a player on £20K a week isn't performing you don't think the hard working cash strapped fan should show his dissappointment incase it upsets other around with 'negative energy (man, peace out)' PMSL

Top 10 material you are pal for best supporter of all time lol

Like I said, wasting time trying to explain something that's very simple to understand. When it comes to supporting players and teams, negative input from the fans = negative output from the players, positive input = positive output. No one is saying get behind them and we'll win, just that you'll get a better performance and a better performance gives you a better chance of winning. Players and fans are human beings and as such do not respond positively to constant negativity, that's just the way we are. Sorry if that seems too new age, hippy, happy clappy for you and others to grasp. I can only assume by slagging the team off and booing, what you're trying to achieve is to keep us in this division for another season, well keep it up, you're on your way to achieving it.

Like I said, wasting time trying to explain something that's very simple to understand. When it comes to supporting players and teams, negative input from the fans = negative output from the players, positive input = positive output. No one is saying get behind them and we'll win, just that you'll get a better performance and a better performance gives you a better chance of winning. Players and fans are human beings and as such do not respond positively to constant negativity, that's just the way we are. Sorry if that seems too new age, hippy, happy clappy for you and others to grasp. I can only assume by slagging the team off and booing, what you're trying to achieve is to keep us in this division for another season, well keep it up, you're on your way to achieving it.

Exactly this!

I think people are missing the point / reading what they want to see. Nowhere did I say 'I'm a better fan'. I'm of the opinion that being positive and supportive generally encourages a positive atmosphere that logically, is more likely to spark a positive outcome than loads of boo'd and jeers.

I can understand the guys frustration and we both came to the conclusion in our little argument that the team were playing shit.

He's got a right to voice his opinion which ill respect. However, so have I. If that means calling him up on the nonsense he's spouting, then so be it. We all want the same outcome this season.

People have missed my point. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. We've lost the sentiment to why we are all there. I go because I love the club. I go because its something I've always done, and always will. I go to support the team and try influence the outcome by encouraging the lads.

who cares? you dont influence the outcome one bit, the players dont care about you and the club hate you

boooooooo, rubbish post. dont cry

who cares? you dont influence the outcome one bit, the players dont care about you and the club hate you

Why do you go then?

I wouldn't put my money into a company that hates me and where the employees didn't care.

Archived