Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

My Leicester City

just highlighting your hypocrisy, all fans are hypocrites at sometime or another. your having a dig at other fans who you don't think are as loyal as you, if the people you consider morons pay their money and choose to behave in a way you don't approve of, so what? their money is as good as yours. at least they turned up tonight.plenty on here moan without shelling out. notice I make my point without swearing or abusing you. people have different views to you, live with it.

Ok. Fair point mate. I fail to see however, what being negative towards a visually struggling team is going to achieve? If a mate at work is having a bad day - you'd give them a pat on the back, or a bit of encouragement. Not grunt and boo, right? Slightly different scenario - but you see my point right?

This isn't a 'I'm a better fan' jibe. I just fail to see how these people feel their attitude is going to impact the team in a positive way.

It's the increase in ticket prices over the last 20 years or so.

Fans who used to get in for a ha'penny bit were probably more likely to encourage the team. You can't start charging people £30 just to get in without creating an expectation on the part of the fans that they deserve to be entertained, it's just inevitable...

Well said and thanks for sharing.

Luckily I have a good bunch of friends around me, and a weird guy at the back who is hilarious.

Today his highlight of the night was, when the Air Asia advertising board came up, he then suddenly started singing R Kelly's hit I believe I can fly.

Me and my dad won two season tickets at the start of the 95/96 season. My first real memory of a live football match was Stevie Claridges shinned injury time winner. I was lucky enough to see the O'Neill era, and unfortunate to see the last 10 years or so.

One thing I always thought we were good at, is on groundhog day; we stand by the team, and support em.

Tonight, I turned up in my usual seat with my brother and dad and **** me. Silence. Every misplaced pass, or squandered chance was shortly followed by a "URGHHHHH". What a horrible, horrible noise.

Our corner was fairly empty, but most regulars present, except from the row in front. A guy, with his two kids were sat there. All game, the guy was effing and blinding when we gave the ball away. One minute De Laet's crap, next minute Knockaert is a genius, until he gave the ball away, and he was labelled "a useless poncy frog". Then I snapped.

Just after their second, when Kasper launched the ball up field, he shouted "oh that's ****ing useless", I replied "how is that useless?", moment later Wood brings the ball down and we have a decent chance. He turns round, tell me to shut the **** up, and how dare I question him. This was then followed by "why should I sit and cheer this shower of shit?" etc etc, more verbal diarrhea. I asked him "why don't you actually get behind em, i dunno, sing a song, say something constructive?" his reply was "what's singing a song going to do? aren't you still at school?" changing the conversation onto my age. "Obviously" i replied. By which he goes; "Look at you in your 1945 shirt, ****" - Wearing my Ind Coupe shirt, I replied with "do you not even know what era this shirt is from?", "no, i dunno 1945, ****" - I correct him and he follows by more swearing and mumbling. I then out loud exclaimed that I couldn't believe that we support the same team, by which he says "well I don't even support them, I don't know why I waste my money!" - why are you even here I add? "i don't know, but they're shit, I may as well support Charlton."

Few moments pass and I tell him that he is the epitome of what is wrong with our fans. I'll follow my team through thick and ****ing thin, when we're shit and when we're good, whether its snowing or blistering sunshine. I am absolutely furious that a fellow Leicester fan would be so hostile, and would be so argumentative at the even suggestion that he did something positive and support the team we are meant to be cheering on.

Get a ****ing grip people. We're 5th, with two games in hand. Not bottom, doomed by sodding relegation to the Blue Square Bet.

Fair play mate, I can empathise with you a lot. It's those kind of people that put me off going.

On the other hand, tonight I do feel a bit more sympathy than usual with some our disgruntled fans (though not ones like the one you mention). I'm pretty reasonable when it comes to the team, but if I'd paid my money on a Tuesday night to watch them not put any effort in or take it seriously, I'd expect us to play Charlton off the park a week later.

I've always thought this support thing works both ways; put in 100% and I'll deal with them being crap. Show a lack of effort and respect and people will not be happy.

just highlighting your hypocrisy, all fans are hypocrites at sometime or another. your having a dig at other fans who you don't think are as loyal as you, if the people you consider morons pay their money and choose to behave in a way you don't approve of, so what? their money is as good as yours. at least they turned up tonight.plenty on here moan without shelling out. notice I make my point without swearing or abusing you. people have different views to you, live with it.

I'm not sure shelling out really makes any difference to him though, does it? Their money is worth something only to the club, not the fans.

You can say 'I pay my money and turn up' to players and managers, but not to fellow fans. Fellow fans are paying their money and they don't want their experience ruined by bellends.

I don't care whether the person in front of me has got in for free or if he's paid £100, I don't want them talking shit and pissing me off.

People pay their money. They can voice their opinions. Its not north korea. Why dont you grow a pair and stop being a little wimp. I would have told you were to go aswell.

Yeh, but by the same token if you're talking out of your arse he can share his opinions on you.

Everyone's got a right to be an arsehole in this world, but it's up to you to choose not to be. Otherwise, you'll get an earful or worse now and again.

I'd never boo, mainly because I'd feel a complete nob standing there making that noise which to be quite honest means fuk all.

I have to say a vast amount of our support is shit, if we put as much effort in creating a good atmosphere as we did booing and slating players the KP would be a special place to go and watch football.

Don't get me wrong last night was below the standard we require to go up but we got to 1st and 2nd positions with the same "crap and useless" players that played tonight. It's a tough league and we need to be a united front to get out of it. In it together boys and girls

BLUE ARMY!!!

Or worst ? Sorry but all the people on here who moan about people who slag players off or boo. Havent got the nails to say anything to anyone. Apart from our hero who posted this and sounds like he went home and cried himself to sleep. 95% of people who go football do moan and slag players off. The other 5% are the sort who collect model railway and listen to Blur.

Or worst ? Sorry but all the people on here who moan about people who slag players off or boo. Havent got the nails to say anything to anyone. Apart from our hero who posted this and sounds like he went home and cried himself to sleep. 95% of people who go football do moan and slag players off. The other 5% are the sort who collect model railway and listen to Blur.

wow 95%! That's quite some research you've done there! PARKLIFE!

This post is essentially just a load of irrelevant and inaccurate nonsense.

I think you're desperately clutching at straws and trying to ignore the basic principle of the OP and several other posts.

What a hard man you are for not listening to blur, using tough guy phrases like 'haven't got the nails to say anything to anyone' and accusing anyone who thinks you should stop acting like a nob of crying themselves to sleep.

Great argument for suggesting it's ok to act like an arsehole and talk a load of irrational bullshit.

Oh an great use of actual stats there, although next time quote a source.

Me and my dad won two season tickets at the start of the 95/96 season. My first real memory of a live football match was Stevie Claridges shinned injury time winner. I was lucky enough to see the O'Neill era, and unfortunate to see the last 10 years or so.

One thing I always thought we were good at, is on groundhog day; we stand by the team, and support em.

Tonight, I turned up in my usual seat with my brother and dad and **** me. Silence. Every misplaced pass, or squandered chance was shortly followed by a "URGHHHHH". What a horrible, horrible noise.

Our corner was fairly empty, but most regulars present, except from the row in front. A guy, with his two kids were sat there. All game, the guy was effing and blinding when we gave the ball away. One minute De Laet's crap, next minute Knockaert is a genius, until he gave the ball away, and he was labelled "a useless poncy frog". Then I snapped.

Just after their second, when Kasper launched the ball up field, he shouted "oh that's ****ing useless", I replied "how is that useless?", moment later Wood brings the ball down and we have a decent chance. He turns round, tell me to shut the **** up, and how dare I question him. This was then followed by "why should I sit and cheer this shower of shit?" etc etc, more verbal diarrhea. I asked him "why don't you actually get behind em, i dunno, sing a song, say something constructive?" his reply was "what's singing a song going to do? aren't you still at school?" changing the conversation onto my age. "Obviously" i replied. By which he goes; "Look at you in your 1945 shirt, ****" - Wearing my Ind Coupe shirt, I replied with "do you not even know what era this shirt is from?", "no, i dunno 1945, ****" - I correct him and he follows by more swearing and mumbling. I then out loud exclaimed that I couldn't believe that we support the same team, by which he says "well I don't even support them, I don't know why I waste my money!" - why are you even here I add? "i don't know, but they're shit, I may as well support Charlton."

Few moments pass and I tell him that he is the epitome of what is wrong with our fans. I'll follow my team through thick and ****ing thin, when we're shit and when we're good, whether its snowing or blistering sunshine. I am absolutely furious that a fellow Leicester fan would be so hostile, and would be so argumentative at the even suggestion that he did something positive and support the team we are meant to be cheering on.

Get a ****ing grip people. We're 5th, with two games in hand. Not bottom, doomed by sodding relegation to the Blue Square Bet.

And this, my friends, is why LCFC's PR is a fvcking joke. You say this bloke had his kids there? He's probably bought them replicas each and has poured more money into the club, and as a result is more wanted than say atmosphere creating fans who get behind the side.

Our home 'support' makes me sick. It's so, so shit and I'm not talking about lack of singing etc... (although that's also a problem), just the arrogant, almost waiting for them to fail. It's a fvcking laughing stock and although most places have pretty quiet home fans, I don't see this shite happening up and down the country.

One thing in that "what do you want changing" - the club to get back the noise makers, the ones who get behind the side and shout louder than fvcking nobheads like this.

Fans who used to get in for a ha'penny bit were probably more likely to encourage the team. You can't start charging people £30 just to get in without creating an expectation on the part of the fans that they deserve to be entertained, it's just inevitable...

Fully agree with this too.

Exactly what I hate about modern day football. You thinking you're better than other people around you and only you are entitled to an opinion and no one else is, and if they dare say say anything different they are instantly wrong.

The fella paid his money and if he thinks they played crap or something was crap then he as every right to say so

I read a 4-4-2 survey of pro footballers and I think it was something like 92% of them who said the atmosphere affected their performance. If that's not proof of the power fans have within the game I don't know what is.

Good god lol, Portsmouth probably had the best fans in the country for noise, passion and atmosphere, how are they doing? and Leeds lol

If a player can't go and and do his job because no one is singing they really need to find a new job or at least a better excuse for not performing for £10k a week

And this, my friends, is why LCFC's PR is a fvcking joke. You say this bloke had his kids there? He's probably bought them replicas each and has poured more money into the club, and as a result is more wanted than say atmosphere creating fans who get behind the side.

Our home 'support' makes me sick. It's so, so shit and I'm not talking about lack of singing etc... (although that's also a problem), just the arrogant, almost waiting for them to fail. It's a fvcking laughing stock and although most places have pretty quiet home fans, I don't see this shite happening up and down the country.

One thing in that "what do you want changing" - the club to get back the noise makers, the ones who get behind the side and shout louder than fvcking nobheads like this.

It started with the building of the new ground.

Cant remember it costing that twenty years ago :)

I read a 4-4-2 survey of pro footballers and I think it was something like 92% of them who said the atmosphere affected their performance. If that's not proof of the power fans have within the game I don't know what is.

At work tomorrow I'm going to get my boss and fellow employees to start singing to me.

When they go on lunch I'm going to down tools and say my performance has been affected due to them not singing.

I've had a few arguments like this in the past but I gave up telling them they're complete arseholes because I realised I was wasting my breath. People like that just don't get it, they don't understand that positivity gives energy to everyone around them, makes them more positive and in turn, that transfers to the players, negativity sucks energy like a black hole, turns everyone else negative and drains the players. It's a simple enough concept to understand really but it just shows the intelligence level we're dealing with. Well done for saying something though

Exactly what I hate about modern day football. You thinking you're better than other people around you and only you are entitled to an opinion and no one else is, and if they dare say say anything different they are instantly wrong.

The fella paid his money and if he thinks they played crap or something was crap then he as every right to say so

And right there is where we see why we're wasting our breath. Defending their behaviour because they have a right to do it and abusing those who try to tell them to get behind the team instead of dragging them down and slagging them off

Archived