Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

My Leicester City

Like I said, wasting time trying to explain something that's very simple to understand. When it comes to supporting players and teams, negative input from the fans = negative output from the players, positive input = positive output. No one is saying get behind them and we'll win, just that you'll get a better performance and a better performance gives you a better chance of winning. Players and fans are human beings and as such do not respond positively to constant negativity, that's just the way we are. Sorry if that seems too new age, hippy, happy clappy for you and others to grasp. I can only assume by slagging the team off and booing, what you're trying to achieve is to keep us in this division for another season, well keep it up, you're on your way to achieving it.

If there was any proof of this at all, clubs would secretly employ armies of atmosphere generators to sit in with the crowd and get things going. They don't, though, because there's no proof, because it's not true. Players can, do and certainly should perform to the highest of their ability completely regardless of the type of noise coming from the crowd.

Footballs changed there are no loyalties anymore. Do you honestly think if another club came in for any of our players offering more money and first team football they would stay? If you answer yes your deluded. Even our captain Big Wes left his club in Forest to come and play for us for more money. Not one of our players give a shit really about the fans, all the ex Man Utd players will be out of here quicker than you can say **** if the right offer came along. So fans these days are entitled to state their opinion on performances. You can't get paid the big money and expect people to still congratulate you for playing Sunday League standard football which some of what last night was. Me personally I just stay quiet instead of being negative but I can fully understand why people do it.

who cares? you dont influence the outcome one bit, the players dont care about you and the club hate you

Doubtful, but even so why would he care? There's much more evidence to suggest all the fans hate you, and you're still tapping away with the opinions you have every right to hold. :yawn:

Me and my dad won two season tickets at the start of the 95/96 season. My first real memory of a live football match was Stevie Claridges shinned injury time winner. I was lucky enough to see the O'Neill era, and unfortunate to see the last 10 years or so.

One thing I always thought we were good at, is on groundhog day; we stand by the team, and support em.

Tonight, I turned up in my usual seat with my brother and dad and **** me. Silence. Every misplaced pass, or squandered chance was shortly followed by a "URGHHHHH". What a horrible, horrible noise.

Our corner was fairly empty, but most regulars present, except from the row in front. A guy, with his two kids were sat there. All game, the guy was effing and blinding when we gave the ball away. One minute De Laet's crap, next minute Knockaert is a genius, until he gave the ball away, and he was labelled "a useless poncy frog". Then I snapped.

Just after their second, when Kasper launched the ball up field, he shouted "oh that's ****ing useless", I replied "how is that useless?", moment later Wood brings the ball down and we have a decent chance. He turns round, tell me to shut the **** up, and how dare I question him. This was then followed by "why should I sit and cheer this shower of shit?" etc etc, more verbal diarrhea. I asked him "why don't you actually get behind em, i dunno, sing a song, say something constructive?" his reply was "what's singing a song going to do? aren't you still at school?" changing the conversation onto my age. "Obviously" i replied. By which he goes; "Look at you in your 1945 shirt, ****" - Wearing my Ind Coupe shirt, I replied with "do you not even know what era this shirt is from?", "no, i dunno 1945, ****" - I correct him and he follows by more swearing and mumbling. I then out loud exclaimed that I couldn't believe that we support the same team, by which he says "well I don't even support them, I don't know why I waste my money!" - why are you even here I add? "i don't know, but they're shit, I may as well support Charlton."

Few moments pass and I tell him that he is the epitome of what is wrong with our fans. I'll follow my team through thick and ****ing thin, when we're shit and when we're good, whether its snowing or blistering sunshine. I am absolutely furious that a fellow Leicester fan would be so hostile, and would be so argumentative at the even suggestion that he did something positive and support the team we are meant to be cheering on.

Get a ****ing grip people. We're 5th, with two games in hand. Not bottom, doomed by sodding relegation to the Blue Square Bet.

Trouble is it's NOT your Leicester city anymore , time for you to " get a fvcking grip "

I have some sympathy for the OP. Nothing worse than having over-vocal negativity at the first sign of a trip/failed pass/somebody caught slightly out of position. I swear, sometimes there seems to be a race on for first to crow/boo. Many LCFC fans seem to want instant gratification and perfect performances every second, every minute, every game. It's not been a bad season, seen some cracking footie, some mediocre and some, well you know...

It's not only at the KP either. Took my 8 year old son to the Peterborogh match the other week. Others have posted on here about the great atmosphere in the away terrace, and having a great time despite the result. We were in the seated area, probably for the best with hindsight re safety of the lad and him being able to see something! However, the last ten minutes ruined his day. There were people booing anything that wasn't Champions League quality. I saw him quietly sobbing. I gave him the line about not always winning etc and that we should keep shouting/singing and they might get an equaliser. He said, 'it's not the score....why are the fans all being horrible to the players?' Later on that night he was still a bit upset but quite philosophical about the day out. 'They were like my team Dad, we don't always win. The shouty parents don't help though.'

Another thing! All the non Saturday fixtures...not good for encouraging the next generation of fans. 7:45 KO on school nights means loads of kids can't see footie.

They stuck those bloody horrific electronic advertising shit around the ground without asking if we the fans liked it , do you really think our owners are any different from Cardiffs ? make no mistake they are the same spivs just a different club.

Well they are quite different seeing as we remain the Foxes and play in blue.

We've got a minority who are waiting for the team to fail whilst not giving encouragement. I've no problem with complaints that go with the pattern of play, it is those that, if the first pass isn't spot on, go mental and stay that way for the rest of the game.

It makes you wonder why they bother going, they are clearly in a mindset that nothing will be good enough.

We've got a minority who are waiting for the team to fail whilst not giving encouragement. I've no problem with complaints that go with the pattern of play, it is those that, if the first pass isn't spot on, go mental and stay that way for the rest of the game.

It makes you wonder why they bother going, they are clearly in a mindset that nothing will be good enough.

I'm glad someone has got the message. A lot of peoe have missed the point I was trying to make.

If there was any proof of this at all, clubs would secretly employ armies of atmosphere generators to sit in with the crowd and get things going. They don't, though, because there's no proof, because it's not true. Players can, do and certainly should perform to the highest of their ability completely regardless of the type of noise coming from the crowd.

If you've ever played any team sports where supporters are involved you should know that it affects your performance from experience. No-one is claiming it affects the result, just the standard of performance and it's simple logic that a better performance gives you a better chance of winning. That said, no matter how good the players are, how good the team is or how positive the support is there are days where it just doesn't happen for you and no matter what you try or how hard it just doesn't work. Sometimes, trying harder actually makes it worse. Sounds daft but it's often true

At work tomorrow I'm going to get my boss and fellow employees to start singing to me.

When they go on lunch I'm going to down tools and say my performance has been affected due to them not singing.

You obviously didn't see kasper at the start of the second half trying to gee up the family stand and l block then? That shows even the players thought we were shit on Tuesday, which we were.

Whether or not you think the players should or shouldn't need people singing at them to do their jobs it's how football's always been.

I firmly believe our crowd have had a part to play in games where we've dropped points this season. Don't underestimate the power in what we can do. If we got behind them constantly like we did in games v Boro this season, Norwich last and man city at home we'd pick up far more points than we have done.

I think it's rather naive to suggest we don't need to sing to spur them on

I think people are still missing the point. I'm not claiming i'm a better fan, nor am I claiming that the club, or the players "care" about me or not - please tell me where I said this. My point is, we have so much going for us this season, and this negative, toxic atmosphere at home isn't going to help us in this important last push. When we went top for a few hours, we had a few rounds of "We are top of the league..." then it went silent.

Our support on Tuesday, wasn't too bad. In the second half, we were very good. My point is, is that i'd rather the stadium be half full, with 16,000 City fans singing their hearts out for the team, rather than having people come in with no intention of being there for support.

He paid his money, but so did I and I feel that i'm entitled to say something to someone who is ruining my match day experience.

So if everyone got up and sang, we would never play poorly or lose?

I do agree though its pointless somebody being at the game if all they do is moan.

Where did I say this? I don't expect all people at the game to sing. Because frankly, not all people will. They call it "supporter" for a reason. Really is a losing battle with some people on this forum, hey?

Archived