Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Owners

Are our fans so anxious for promotion to the premiership because of our owners? We know that they've put an awful low of money into it and realistically it's sort of now or never. We know they could pack up anytime and that will sort of be that as far as promotion is concerned. It is for me anyway. If we knew we had an owner who loved the club and was in it for the very long term who was as rich as our current owners there would be no pressure. Thoughts?

I never understand this whole pack up and leave thing many fans keep mentioning would happen, the club is now structured as part of The King Power group to give the club financial security so how would they do this?

Possibly right there Moose, but I live on the hope they will be here until they find us another decent owner

Possibly right there Moose, but I live on the hope they will be here until they find us another decent owner

Fook knows why I posted the above four times :-/

We got lucky with our owners. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on if we aren't promoted by the end of next season though. They won't keep sinking money in forever.

Is it really that lucky to get owners that could leave you in that mess though? No doubt their intentions are good as they want to make some serious cash but......

Stoke with Peter Coates, Man City with the Shiekhs, Swansea with Huw Jenkins. That's what I'd call getting really lucky with your owners. Premiership football whilst maintaining financial stability. Man City don't owe their owners a penny, let alone a big amount at an interest rate.

We got lucky with our owners. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on if we aren't promoted by the end of next season though. They won't keep sinking money in forever.

They're not sinking money into the club though, they're loaning it to us.

It's win-win for them, they can stay for ages and loan us money indefinitelty and then we either get promoted and they get it all back and sell us on at a profit, or we don't get promoted, they sell us off and they get all the money they loaned to the club back, one way or another.

That wouldn't be a concern for me. I just don't think he's positive enough for promotion. A fresh new challenge for Owen coyle would bag promotion for me

Yeah he did a great job at Bolton this season, showed real guile in the transfer market by signing Matt Mills too. Sod the bloke who's had us in the top 6 all season and given us the best season we've had in 10 years, do you think Coyle will come for the rest of this season and save us?

It's win-win for them, they can stay for ages and loan us money indefinitelty and then we either get promoted and they get it all back and sell us on at a profit, or we don't get promoted, they sell us off and they get all the money they loaned to the club back, one way or another.

Think that's a bit simplistic. You're assuming the price they sell us at would be enough to cover their loan. The fact they are loaning us money at 8% is indicative of the risk they attach to the investment.

What about the Owen coyle that got a poor burnley side to the league cup semi finals. The Owen coyle that got burnley promoted. The Owen coyle that saved megsons bolton side from relegation and got them Way up to midtable. The guy that got bolton to wembley in the fa cup semi final. What I'm saying is that a new challenge would bring the best out of him again. A manager doesn't become bad overnight people.

If the owners want to sell the club they need to find a buyer. Any prospective buyer will be well aware of any debts and they will be reflected in the selling price. Interest rates on loans are irrelevant when the owners are essentially loaning to themselves. They're in no way protected from making a loss so it's not win win at all. Not even close.

If the owners want to sell the club they need to find a buyer. Any prospective buyer will be well aware of any debts and they will be reflected in the selling price. Interest rates on loans are irrelevant when the owners are essentially loaning to themselves. They're in no way protected from making a loss so it's not win win at all. Not even close.

Agreed and pretty much what I said. The very fact they are charging 8% tells you they consider us a risky investment. My mortgage is only 2.4%!

Is it really that lucky to get owners that could leave you in that mess though? No doubt their intentions are good as they want to make some serious cash but......

Stoke with Peter Coates, Man City with the Shiekhs, Swansea with Huw Jenkins. That's what I'd call getting really lucky with your owners. Premiership football whilst maintaining financial stability. Man City don't owe their owners a penny, let alone a big amount at an interest rate.

Whether they'd be leaving us in a mess would depend on who they sold us to. There's nothing about the Thais selling the club which would guarantee we'd be in a mess.

Of course there are a few better owners, but many more worse. We could easily be on Swansea or stokes position with a bit of luck over the next couple of seasons.

What about the Owen coyle that got a poor burnley side to the league cup semi finals. The Owen coyle that got burnley promoted. The Owen coyle that saved megsons bolton side from relegation and got them Way up to midtable. The guy that got bolton to wembley in the fa cup semi final. What I'm saying is that a new challenge would bring the best out of him again. A manager doesn't become bad overnight people.

The Owen Coyle who got a good Bolton side relegated. The Owen Coyle who struggled to do anything with a Bolton side who should have been challenging for the top spot in the Championship.

A good manager doesn't become a bad manager overnight, but a couple of good seasons doesn't make you a good manager either, especially when they're followed by a couple of terrible ones.

FFP matters more next year than this. The advantage we had spunked up the wall by Sven is gone... It was now or never then... Not now

We've signed a load of 20ish year olds for a reason, they will get better - the team will therefore get better. There is nothing worse for our future than starting all over again all the sodding time. When we've made great strides and with the team maturing over the next couple of years adding to it with real quality to consistently improve.

The era of the fast fix died with Svennis and with the likes of Beckford, Danns & Konch & Wellens on the books we'll be suffering the hangover from it for a while yet as far as getting in new personnel whilst keeping under FFP ceiling is concerned.

Archived