Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joshy97

Favourite ever Leicester Game?

Liverpool 1 Leicester 2 Boxing Day 1984. Lineker and Smith gave us two goal lead first half. They got a pen mid way through the second half and then threw the kitchen sink at us but we held on. I was in the Kop with mates (LFC fans) and they appreciated my bottle/ stupidity. Very proud moment.

we were 1 down against the shaggers and our second goal was relatively late on!

Yes but we played really well in the Palace game and totally deserved the win. The Derby game is possibly my second favourite along with the Boro replay.

best game? Feb or March 1975 City struggling to avoid the drop. City lead Wolves 1-0 (Garland on home debut), a double for Richards and City are 2-1 down, until Garland equalises and then in injury time completes his hatrick. Dont ever recall Filbo quite so wild!

April 13th, 2009:

Leicester City vs. Leeds United.

Penultimate home game of the League One campaign. An immediate return to the Championship in touching distance before kick-off, the stadium was buzzing.

Tight affair, both teams fought hard, Leeds with a shot at automatic promotion. Yet all the efforts were wasted and the neutralizing tactics were about to bring us a 0-0.

Enter Steve Howard. Last corner of the game:

The stands were shaking in ecstasy. Never felt so complete before. And I was there.

April 13th, 2009:

Leicester City vs. Leeds United.

Penultimate home game of the League One campaign. An immediate return to the Championship in touching distance before kick-off, the stadium was buzzing.

Tight affair, both teams fought hard, Leeds with a shot at automatic promotion. Yet all the efforts were wasted and the neutralizing tactics were about to bring us a 0-0.

Enter Steve Howard. Last corner of the game:

The stands were shaking in ecstasy. Never felt so complete before. And I was there.

People shouldn't underestimate what a great moment that was.

It may have been just a league one game, but I'm not sure I'll ever experience a moment in football like that again. Everything about it was so perfect, and for about 2 minutes it was like being on drugs, just a completely ecstatic blur. When I came to, I was about five rows back.

So many.

But Leicester 3 Arsenal 3 comes straight to mind. I love that one because a lot remember Bergkamps hat-trick but forget how it was Leicester who showed the almost trademark O'Neill era resistance and stole the points from Arsenal. we were 2-0 down on about 80-85mins I think, leveled to 2-2, looked like Bergkamp had done us but then Walshy gave us a point. Loved it because it typified what we were about and just because a player and team oozes class does not give them a divine right to steal the moment. Be the party poopers.

People can slate Steve Howard, but he will always be a Leicester City hero to me. Wasn't technically gifted, wasn't the best player in the squad, but have 100% every game and scored some very important goals for us.

Archived