Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joshy97

Favourite ever Leicester Game?

Spurs home when De Vries bagged in injury time comes a close 2nd to Cardiff away. May have lost but our corner of the ground when King put us ahead on aggregate was just absolutely insane, can't even begin to put it into words.

EDIT: the 2 trips to Wembley for the defeat in 99 and the win in 00 have always sticked in my mind as well. Think the 99 final is where my hate for Spurs comes from.

All of the previous mentioned games were pretty good, but today is the 30th anniversary of my first ever game at Filbo. My Uncle took me in the main stand and my main memory from the day was watching the men climb up the ladder to the wobbley gantree above us!

Oh, and we beat Wolves 5-0 and it started my obsession....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/matchdetails.php?mid=1616

LTID

I think one of my favourites has to be Manchester City 0-3 Leicester, in the brand new City of Manchester Stadium.

We will never see that again! Might never go again so I have a 100% record, and can say that we beat them 3-0 lol

The three most enjoyable and memorable games that I've actually been to are the Leeds 1-0 in league one (for the end), the Forest 3-0 3 years ago(for the whole second half) and the Man City 2-2 in the cup (for the atmosphere in the whole game and the quality of our performance).

The best game I've seen live was probably the Cardiff play-off second leg. It was so dramatic and tense from start to finish. It can't quite be my favourite because of the heartbreaking end but if I was being neutral, that is the best I've seen.

I wish I'd been at the Bergkamp Arsenal game or the 5-0 v Cambridge.

The three most enjoyable and memorable games that I've actually been to are the Leeds 1-0 in league one (for the end), the Forest 3-0 3 years ago(for the whole second half) and the Man City 2-2 in the cup (for the atmosphere in the whole game and the quality of our performance).

The best game I've seen live was probably the Cardiff play-off second leg. It was so dramatic and tense from start to finish. It can't quite be my favourite because of the heartbreaking end but if I was being neutral, that is the best I've seen.

I wish I'd been at the Bergkamp Arsenal game or the 5-0 v Cambridge.

A good shout this. Scoring a goal inside the first what- 30 seconds? - was unbelievable. I was truly proud to be a Leicester fan that day, probably the first time since the Cardiff game. A fantastic atmosphere all game and we could've actually won it thinking back to Bamba terrorising them (Jack Hobbs had a decent chance too from a corner)

Cheers mate. Just watched it now and I had goosebumps watching it.

The away end when King makes it 3-2 looks absolutely fantastic credit it to anyone that was there that night.

Makes me proud to be a leicester fan watching that.

Typical football league show highlights with no mention of the offside or their two sending off offences in extra time.

I am a very old man and have been at lots of the games mentioned on here in the past and on this thread.

The 4-3 win over Man Utd that took us top of Division One at Easter 1963, the same 4-3 score against Man City in a 1968 cup replay, lots of Jimmy Bloomfield's early 70s entertainers, then the Smith, Lineker, Lynex combo in the 80s.

There followed some dross before the play off years and the Golden Age of O'Neill. This was not the best Leicester team I've seen but my selection of best game comes from that period...

Liverpool away, April, maybe 2000. We not only beat them 2-0 but the midfield totally and utterly controlled the game for 90 minutes. It's one thing sneaking a win against the big boys but to do it in style and watching the Scousers leaving their seats with ten minutes to go. That was good.

Archived