Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joshy97

Favourite ever Leicester Game?

Winning at anfield.

Watford away, to sneak in the play-offs backed by a packed away end. Muzzys header.

Yeah Liverpool and Watford away were great times. I was right at the front just behind the goal at Watford. You can just see me start to celebrate on the video. White top to the right of the goal. CLAIM TO FAME lol Got kicked out straight after that goal so missed the rest of the match, but got back in at the end when they opened the gates for fans to leave. Iirc there were loads of police with dogs down our end after the whistle. Great days Eddie.

On the Liverpool away night, Man Utd were playing in Europe at the same time and the whole of Anfield was standing up singing "Stand up if you hate Man U". Loved that.

Sunderland away in the cup semi 1st leg was a corker aswell. I had a bad feeling about that game so to come away with a 2-1 lead was great.

1995–96 Division One promotion playoffs and beat Crystal Palace F.C. 2–1.

It was the same time I just moved to Wales that month. And I got the whole pub to watch it so I spread my Leicester love in Wales too

Oh if i cant choose my fave player in the other thread how the hell do you pick a favourite game.

What do you need to qualify as a fave game. The result, the performance, the atmosphere, the context.

I agree being in cardiff was great but how can that game rank above.

Beating the sheep at wembley.

Winning at old trafford and anfield.

The swindon game at wembley.

The performance against sunderland.

How about the whole occasion of the 2-1 win against spurs when it looked like mon may leave. Top draw goals from heskey and muzzy.

Winning a major trophy at hillsborough.

But for me it's not 1 game it's the whole occasion, support, context of 3 of 4 games.

Watford away, to sneak in the play-offs backed by a packed away end. Muzzys header.

Then being at the victoria ground and parkers strike.

Followed by that performance at wembley. I know the way we won was dramatic but it was so deserved. We played so well that day. I love watching it back.

Pretty much all of the above :thumbup: Throw in beating Shrewsbury 5-2 in the epic FA Cup 5th round tie and would say beating the Sheep at Wembley after previous heartache and Pompey away in play off semi are up there for me too!

Pretty much all of the above :thumbup: Throw in beating Shrewsbury 5-2 in the epic FA Cup 5th round tie and would say beating the Sheep at Wembley after previous heartache and Pompey away in play off semi are up there for me too!

I was in the states when the pompey games were played. Didn't even know if we had made the final until landed back in the uk the friday before the game. Had to pack another bag and get down to london on the saturday.

I was in the states when the pompey games were played. Didn't even know if we had made the final until landed back in the uk the friday before the game. Had to pack another bag and get down to london on the saturday.

Took us 1 1/2 hours and the contents of a skip to shall we say eventually persuade ourselves back to our cars after the game though :P

Too many games to choose from over the last 40 years really, but the FA Cup games always had a special feel about them back in the day.

All the games in the 1974 cup run seemed special,and the 1982 cup run, though the semi with Spurs in 82 was a bit of a damp squib of a game for us, we just didn`t turn up on the day..

Even some of the crap cup games that we lost, like Harlow, Walsall and Exeter were also pretty memorable, for different reasons.

Too many games to choose from over the last 40 years really, but the FA Cup games always had a special feel about them back in the day.

All the games in the 1974 cup run seemed special,and the 1982 cup run, though the semi with Spurs in 82 was a bit of a damp squib of a game for us, we just didn`t turn up on the day..

Even some of the crap cup games that we lost, like Harlow, Walsall and Exeter were also pretty memorable, for different reasons.

dozens of exciting times & games , but only twice did i see our name etched into the history books as winners ! ..........that matters most imb

Another of my favourites was the FA Cup 3rd round match in Jan 92 against Palace. It was only about my 3rd game and Palace were a league higher than us.

Beat them 1-0 and Richard Smith became an instant legend to me. Gary Mills' clearance off the line was nice, looked a certain goal from the other end.

Just watched the video in the history section and had forgot that Gabbiadini and Nigel Martyn played for them then.

Archived