Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joshy97

Favourite ever Leicester Game?

Oh if i cant choose my fave player in the other thread how the hell do you pick a favourite game.

What do you need to qualify as a fave game. The result, the performance, the atmosphere, the context.

I agree being in cardiff was great but how can that game rank above.

Beating the sheep at wembley.

Winning at old trafford and anfield.

The swindon game at wembley.

The performance against sunderland.

How about the whole occasion of the 2-1 win against spurs when it looked like mon may leave. Top draw goals from heskey and muzzy.

Winning a major trophy at hillsborough.

But for me it's not 1 game it's the whole occasion, support, context of 3 of 4 games.

Watford away, to sneak in the play-offs backed by a packed away end. Muzzys header.

Then being at the victoria ground and parkers strike.

Followed by that performance at wembley. I know the way we won was dramatic but it was so deserved. We played so well that day. I love watching it back.

Oh if i cant choose my fave player in the other thread how the hell do you pick a favourite game.

What do you need to qualify as a fave game. The result, the performance, the atmosphere, the context.

I agree being in cardiff was great but how can that game rank above.

Beating the sheep at wembley.

Winning at old trafford and anfield.

The swindon game at wembley.

The performance against sunderland.

How about the whole occasion of the 2-1 win against spurs when it looked like mon may leave. Top draw goals from heskey and muzzy.

Winning a major trophy at hillsborough.

But for me it's not 1 game it's the whole occasion, support, context of 3 of 4 games.

Watford away, to sneak in the play-offs backed by a packed away end. Muzzys header.

Then being at the victoria ground and parkers strike.

Followed by that performance at wembley. I know the way we won was dramatic but it was so deserved. We played so well that day. I love watching it back.

Too young for the majority of games that you've mentioned though I know for a fact had I been there Derby in the final would never be beaten.

I know my old boss still maintains that day was better than his wedding day. (he's still married by the way)

Tough one.

The play-off win against Derby was special. I was looking up at the scoreboard at the end that said "Leicester City Carling Premier League" for ages. I worked in Burton at the time and had to walk past the Carling Brewery the next morning. Did the owd carpet fitter walk down that road that day. It was awesome. Never enjoyed going to work as much as that day.

Also loved the 2-1 win against Tottenham just after O'Neill had turned them down I think. And the 3-3 at home to Derby was a great crack. Iwan! :wub:

Very difficult.

Leicester 3 - 3 Derby

The birth of 'Iwan is a Welshman'

Leicester 3 - 4 Swindon

'It breaks to Thompson, and Thompson, HAS EQUALISED' goosepimples even typing that.

Leicester 2 - 1 Derby

The sheer emotion of it was unbelievble.

Leicester 4 - 4 Aston Villa

Poor side back then but our spirit was still unquestionable.

Leicester 3 - 3 Arsenal

One of the finest games of football you will see anywhere.

Leicester 0 - 4 Sheffield Wednesday

I had a feeling MON would leave us that summer. Said a silent thank you at the end of the game.

Archived