Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knock on Wood

Best and Worst signings?

Best few interms of value:

Steve Walsh £110.000 from Wigan. Speaks for itself.

Neil Lennon £750.000 sold for (I think) £5.75M after 1 Promotion and 2 League Cups.

Les Ferdinand Free. 29 Games/12 Goals not bad for a team relegated.

Mark Draper £1.250.000. Sold for a £2.000.000 profit.

David Connolly £500.000 from West Ham. Should have score more goals but still eventually got £3.000.000 for him from Wigan.

Worst for value:

Arnar Gunnlaugsson £2.000.000 from Bolton. After 30 appearances in nearly 4 years and only 3 goals (although 1 beauty) left for free.

Darren Eadie £3.000.000 from Norwich. Although gave his best, always injured 40 games 2 goals in nearly 4 years. Retired through injury.

Matt Jones £3.000.000 from Leeds. Another injury prone signing 27 games, 1 goal in nearly 4 years. Retired through injury but few years later played for Llanelli in Wales.

Graham Fenton £1.100.000 from Blackburn. Never seamed interested but fell out with Martin O'Neill. Left on a free after 34/3 in 3 years.

Dennis Wise £1.600.000. Public Enemy No.1. Left for free.

Best Loans:

Kevin Campbell from Arsenal 11/5.

Mark Davies from Wolves. Way to good for league 1.

Tom Cleverley Man Utd. Class now England International.

Worst:

Franz Carr useless why a permanent deal? (£100.000)

Michael Johnson injury prone, lazy paid a loan fee for his services.

Luigi Glombard. Poor. 1 game in about 5/6 months.

Best few interms of value:

Steve Walsh £110.000 from Wigan. Speaks for itself.

Neil Lennon £750.000 sold for (I think) £5.75M after 1 Promotion and 2 League Cups.

Les Ferdinand Free. 29 Games/12 Goals not bad for a team relegated.

Mark Draper £1.250.000. Sold for a £2.000.000 profit.

David Connolly £500.000 from West Ham. Should have score more goals but still eventually got £3.000.000 for him from Wigan.

Worst for value:

Arnar Gunnlaugsson £2.000.000 from Bolton. After 30 appearances in nearly 4 years and only 3 goals (although 1 beauty) left for free.

Darren Eadie £3.000.000 from Norwich. Although gave his best, always injured 40 games 2 goals in nearly 4 years. Retired through injury.

Matt Jones £3.000.000 from Leeds. Another injury prone signing 27 games, 1 goal in nearly 4 years. Retired through injury but few years later played for Llanelli in Wales.

Graham Fenton £1.100.000 from Blackburn. Never seamed interested but fell out with Martin O'Neill. Left on a free after 34/3 in 3 years.

Dennis Wise £1.600.000. Public Enemy No.1. Left for free.

Best Loans:

Kevin Campbell from Arsenal 11/5.

Mark Davies from Wolves. Way to good for league 1.

Tom Cleverley Man Utd. Class now England International.

Worst:

Franz Carr useless why a permanent deal? (£100.000)

Michael Johnson injury prone, lazy paid a loan fee for his services.

Luigi Glombard. Poor. 1 game in about 5/6 months.

If you are going back that far, how can you leave Muzzy off the list? £650,000.

If you are going back that far, how can you leave Muzzy off the list? £650,000.

Quiet correct a real bargin, but we didnt make any money on Izzet at the age of 27, when he was worth at least £2.000.000 then.

I was just looking at transfer fee (if any), age, profit and success.

Quiet correct a real bargin, but we didnt make any money on Izzet at the age of 27, when he was worth at least £2.000.000 then.

I was just looking at transfer fee (if any), age, profit and success.

Gotcha but you could argue we went up because of him that season and he stayed during admin. Not sure how that much is worth!? :)

On the radio a while back, John Gregory said that he was after Izzet to maintain a good start Villa had had to the season, apparently we weren't playing on that one and demanded a shedload, rightly so.

Matt Elliott for £1.5m (?) wasn't a bad piece of business either all in all - excellent top-flight centre half that scored some crucial goals for us.

Best loan signing - Marcus Bent ought to get a mention. Did a decent job for us. Going back to 1982/83 - Gerry Daly. He was the main reason why we went on a fifteen match unbeaten run that ended in promotion.

Worst signing - Tommy English in a swap that took Jim Melrose to Coventry.

Best loan signing - Marcus Bent ought to get a mention. Did a decent job for us. Going back to 1982/83 - Gerry Daly. He was the main reason why we went on a fifteen match unbeaten run that ended in promotion.

Worst signing - Tommy English in a swap that took Jim Melrose to Coventry.

Very true - from what I can remember!

Didn't Eddie Kelly come in and galvanize the team at some point? 70's?

I'm not sure if people are allowing their dislike for players to cloud their posts. Beckford was very good in the cup run we had as he always is. Mills couldn't pass for shit but his actually defending wasn't all that bad I don't think.

We have had several worse strikers than Beckford- Hayles and offside DJ for two

Mills wasn't that bad if he was able to play a short ball!

Neilson was miles worse than Peltier!

I think it's to do with value for money as well.

Trevor Benjamin ( another crap one) was about 1.6 million - Tony Cottee was a freebie ( I think) from Malaysia

Hayles wasn't good but nobody expected too much then as the club didn't have a pot to piss in

Becks came in when the club was throwing it about and the expectations were higher

And boy did he disappoint!

I'm not sure if people are allowing their dislike for players to cloud their posts. Beckford was very good in the cup run we had as he always is. Mills couldn't pass for shit but his actually defending wasn't all that bad I don't think.

Can't agree.. I thought Nielsen was a pretty solid full back. Rubbish with the ball though.

Apart from being at fault for a lot of goals. A red card and a few penalties conceded.

Yeah other that. Coupled with his inablity to pass and accept he maybe at fault. Mills was great.

Archived