Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knock on Wood

Best and Worst signings?

If we're just talking recently

Best has to be Drinkwater, Morgan, Nugent, Marshall, RDL, Wood,

Worst has to be Moreno(?) Peltier, Futacs, Waghorn, (although price not his fault, more down to being bad last minute business) although all pale in comparison to Johnson (loan) Ball, Paintsil, Beckford & Mills,

Worst has to be Mark De Vries

No chance, the way we played him was the worst thing about that signing. For a big lad he couldn't head a ball yet we still lumped it up to him, he was decent with his feet yet we never played it to his feet. He showed glimpses of real quality, especially his goal against Watford.

Best; Schmeichel (After some of the shocking keepers we'd had it makes the signing even better), Wood and Morgan.

Good; Drinkwater, De Laet, Marshall, Vitor (If loans are included) and Knockaert.

Bad; Ball, Johnson, Bednar, Moreno and Ricardo.

Worst; Mills and Beckford.

NB: Anyone else realise all the best/ good ones were mostly by Pearson while the not so good were by Sven and Sousa. Just shows what a good scouting team can do for you.

i agree with morgan being our best recent signing. I have to admit hes proved me wrong i was a bit unsure about him when we first signed him but the guys a brick wall.

worst: Has to be either beckford or mills imo.

going further back obviously ade shokinbiyi.

I think alan rogers and junior lewis deserve a mention as worse signings

Great signings:

Schmeichel

Morgan

Drinkwater

Marshall

Wood

Knockaert

De Laet

Bad signings:

Beckford

Mills

Decent Signings:

Nugent

Konchesky

James

Bamba

Not so good Signings:

Waghorn

Futacs

Vardy

Danns

StLedger

Peltier

Whitbread

You seem to have forgot Danns was a key player for us last season and many saying he was going to be certain first team this season at the start!

SSL is a solid CB and showed his credentials when he worked back into the team after falling out with NP. If it wasn't for his injury he would be playing because we'd have never gone in for Keane because we'd never have had to!

Peltier was one of our most solid and consistent performers the first half of last season, ok he drifted off a bit 2nd half but I would definitely not say he's been a not so good signing. He was a decent signing.

Archived