Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcmatt93

Ipswich Town Pre-Match Waffle

Would hope we should be able to win this one fairly comfortably but unfortunately feel that we may have to settle for a point. I've been far from impressed with the away form this season, considering we're supposed to be pushing for automatic promotion.

If we do miss out on that front then it will be solely the away form that is to blame. Was gutted to lose at peterborough so anything gained here would be an improvement.

I've set it up now for the lads to go and prove me wrong and walk it now on Saturday. Go on boys...

You will be quite surprised cc_star are away form is 8th place currently

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2012-2013/true-table/away

Interesting that that table shows we (comfortably) have the best away defence in the league and its scoring goals that is problem. Wouldn't that suggest keeping the two strikers?

Interesting that that table shows we (comfortably) have the best away defence in the league and its scoring goals that is problem. Wouldn't that suggest keeping the two strikers?

Are they seeing enough of the ball though?

433 benefits from that extra body in the middle to prevent us being out-muscled and not being able to keep hold of the ball as well as we do when teams drop off. But it also means we're not short of numbers up front, now we didn't create loads at Blackpool, but we obviously haven't created loads in a 442 looking at how few wins we've got compared to our direct rivals.

When teams come to the KP and sit back a bit & try and hit us on the counter our 442 works as well as anything - We generally play good stuff and there's plenty of movement too.

If we don't get an automatic spot then matching bottom of the table clubs like Posh & Barnsley for away wins will be a key reason, when Watford have double that with Hull & Cardiff just behind.

I just think we can't keep doing the same thing, else we'll get the same results... which is a win rate of 3/16, less than a third - It puts us under enormous pressure to HAVE to win every home game, which will mean teams will be more inclined to play like Cardiff & Charlton did, both just sat in there own half and picked their moments.

Archived