Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Forest

3 games ago I said this in another thread and got shot down by a couple of posters for being negative and not supporting the team.

Billy's a very good manager at this level and unfortunately I can see them getting in the playoffs this time and not bottling it.

Same here...

Its not about Forest its all about us. We've made a complete mess of it over the last 5 games and we're going to have to do it the hard way but we are capable of doing it.

Brighton will finish above Forest, too little too late

Billy Davies is actually a big time bottler who takes the pressure of himself in every way possible.

Spent 6m and demanded more money off his chairman. Then deluded the Forest fans into thinking the chairman cost them promotion.

He's the reason a man who invested his money and life into Forest died a hated man.

**** Forest.

They'll be how we were under Sven. They'll get close but fade away. Too much ground to make up.

I mentioned them a couple of weeks ago as well, but got shot down. There is always one team that has a steaming run and I think it could be them. I'm not personally worried about us falling out of the play offs, I just think, as I said, Brighton and Forest will be going for that 6th place with Middlesbrough.

I have no doubt forest will be in the top 6, davies is a master at getting playoffs.

Whats different now from his first era at forest is.

1 - Forest fans all say their current team is better than billy's previous team.

2 - They look like they will finish the season strongly, whilst previously they finished on dodgy form.

We still have forest away, not only do I think we will lose but I think we will get battered, and that could mess us up completely for the playoffs (if we make it). I think the only way we going up is top 2, still possible but not looking likely at the moment.

Since when did Forest become this awesome team everyone is on about? As far as I'm aware they have just beaten Sheff Weds, Huddersfield and Charlton; teams placed 19th, 20th and 15th. Wow what a hero Billy is. Bolton and Brighton are both looking better than Forest currently.

Since when did Forest become this awesome team everyone is on about? As far as I'm aware they have just beaten Sheff Weds, Huddersfield and Charlton; teams placed 19th, 20th and 15th. Wow what a hero Billy is. Bolton and Brighton are both looking better than Forest currently.

Oh dear, we've just lost to 2 of those sides in the last month and we play the 3rd on Saturday. What a foot in mouth experience that could be. lol!!

Oh dear, we've just lost to 2 of those sides in the last month and we play the 3rd on Saturday. What a foot in mouth experience that could be. lol!!

The argument isn't whether they are currently in better form than us, they clearly are. If we were playing away at Forest next I know who I'd have my money on but the test for them comes when the honeymoon period is over and they have to play some of the big boys (their next couple of fixtures look fair too to be honest).

You know that on the last day of the season the winner will be the team who clinches the last playoff spot. I'll let you write your own ending there. But mine ain't a happy one.

It's depressing that a month ago people were touting the Forest game as one where we could either make it into the top two or get ready for our Play-off semi, either way the match wouldn't have ramifications for both.

Now we're faced with the situation where the winner will take the spoils and a play-off place. How times change. Hopefully a brilliant March will get us back on track.

(seriously) Forest fans are already talking about who they want in the play-offs lol:whistle:

And they want us as reckon we will be a walkover as have lost the plot... But some are even saying we wont make it....

P.s. I'm suprised this post about Forest didnt get deleted, mine did...

I have a mate who is a Watford fan and he is giving it large about how they will finish 2nd, then

He says they are 100% sure of a playoff spot...... 9 points clear you see....... Fair enough but they still have to go to Hull, Cardiff and the KP .... 9 points he says as his face drops, it is still there for the taking. Lets not worry about what other teams do, one game at a time.

Yet charlton beat us.

They've played three rank average sides and beat them all.

This is no different to getting carried away when we stuck six past Ipswich and Huddersfield.

More silly posts.

I remind you again charlton and peterborough beat us.

So we are to ignore that forest beat lowly sides and also ignore we lost to them?

laughable.

I know why you have this attitude tho you thinking the same as young and that is to get defeats out of your head and only look forward. Form doesnt matter to you right, only the next game does.

Also when we had our 5 game run I never was jumping up and down thinking 2nd was a cert, I did notice the games we played we were still poor and had narrow victories.

There is no games in this league that are easy to the point a win is achieved just by turning up yet thats how you dismiss forest's results. If thats how you think how do you justify our defeats to peterborough and chalrton?

Yes and that was a very poor result. It doesn't make Forest's result against them a great one though.

I would say 3 wins out of 4 is great. No matter who you playing against.

Yet you keep trying to evade this simple issue.

Apparently beating chalrton is simple, yet we couldnt do it. A result is not a given based on quality of players, its also a tactical and motivational game. eg. if we spent 100million in the summer a bad manager can still mess it up.

I would say 3 wins out of 4 is great. No matter who you playing against.

Yet you keep trying to evade this simple issue.

Apparently beating chalrton is simple, yet we couldnt do it. A result is not a given based on quality of players, its also a tactical and motivational game. eg. if we spent 100million in the summer a bad manager can still mess it up.

I'm not saying it's simple, I'm saying it doesn't suddenly make Forest world beaters.

Our poor result against Charlton does not mean it's a fantastic result for anyone else to do it. This thread wasn't about how poor we've been in the last month or so, which is wholly accepted. It was about how all of a sudden people seem convinced Forest are playoff and subsequently Prem bound. There has been improvements there but they shouldn't be sorting their train tickets out just yet.

I am not convinced they are prem bound as the play offs are a lottery but I would be very surprised now if they dont make the playoffs.

Form is important and you have to factor they now have billy davies who is a master at making the playoffs. In fact before even his 1st game I thought they would be in the running, I was that confident he would change things round for them.

Out of the current top 6 excluding cardiff so.

Hull

Watford

Palace

Ourselves

Brighton

We have by far the worst current form, Brighton are in danger of course because they have no buffer but its defenitly looking shaky for us as Forest are hovering on good form with a good manager. You must be blind to not see that.

I am not convinced they are prem bound as the play offs are a lottery but I would be very surprised now if they dont make the playoffs.

Form is important and you have to factor they now have billy davies who is a master at making the playoffs. In fact before even his 1st game I thought they would be in the running, I was that confident he would change things round for them.

Out of the current top 6 excluding cardiff so.

Hull

Watford

Palace

Ourselves

Brighton

We have by far the worst current form, Brighton are in danger of course because they have no buffer but its defenitly looking shaky for us as Forest are hovering on good form with a good manager. You must be blind to not see that.

Shaky is a bit of an exaggeration. We are in a very good position to at least secure a play off place. Providing we don't get complacent, I believe well do that comfortably.

Forest are on a good run, just as we were in January. We've seen how easily that can change.

Funny how the 'master' Billy has been sat on his @rse for 2 years without a club isn't it?

Archived