Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Forest

What backs up your belief?

Your post already shows you are complacent. In 2 games we can be out of the top 6.

The consistency from people posting here saying we will be ok seems to be to ignore form. You are only looking at points on the board.

Other clubs arent having the same huge swings of form we are having, its these huge swings why people are questioning pearson.

Yes they will lose games before the end of the season but they wont be losing as many as we do. We might win a few games before the end of the season but I think that wont be enough as I think forest will win at least 5-6 more (including against us) and boro are a threat as well still although they worry me less than forest.

More silly posts.

I remind you again charlton and peterborough beat us.

So we are to ignore that forest beat lowly sides and also ignore we lost to them?

laughable.

Can I remind you Forest lost to Bristol City recently. Yet we saw them off twice with ease?

Forest couldn't beat Blackburn this season. Yet last Tuesday we had a walk in the park against them.

Forest lost to Hull at home. Yet we beat them 2-1 earlier on the season.

Or that in their games played against the top six this season, out of a possible 27 points...they have managed eight points with just the one win.

Maybe we should just ignore that all to get very worried about Forest. Maybe we shouldn't acknowledge that Forest after playing Ipswich and Wolves next have to play six top half teams out of 9 fixtures. But cos Forest saw off Charlton yet we couldn't, Forest are going to piss the playoffs!! Eleven games is a hell of a long time to carry form through. Teams go in and out of form....what's to say we don't pick up?

The only thing that matters is that we're 5th and they are 8th. Teams go in and out of form, only after 46 games can a truly reflection of the season be made.

Did forest lose to bristol city with davies in the dugout?

Because they changed manager you have to discount games prior to him coming in. Also the fact even if you counted that game he barely had any training session time with them if any at all before that game.

I am sticking to facts whilst you are clinging on to blind hope.

Forest will win at least 75% of their remaining games.

The unknown is whether we will enough to stay above them and if boro overtake us or not.

You still dont get it.

I will explain again.

It doesnt matter if they beat cardiff or charlton.

What I am talking about is form and momentum.

Did forest lose to bristol city with davies in the dugout?

Because they changed manager you have to discount games prior to him coming in. Also the fact even if you counted that game he barely had any training session time with them if any at all before that game.

The unknown is whether we will enough to stay above them and if boro overtake us or not.

:dunno:

You are basing Forest's promotion credentials in the same, TOO SHORT time period that many of our fans based our promotion credentials on, ie both had a few wins on the trot, both certainties to go up/make the play offs. Lets find a middle ground

What backs up your belief?

6 points better off. Score more goals. Concede less. I'd ask you why you are so convinced about Forest but I imagine it will just be a list of their last 4 results.

Your post already shows you are complacent. In 2 games we can be out of the top 6.

The consistency from people posting here saying we will be ok seems to be to ignore form. You are only looking at points on the board.

Ah, my mistake. I thought the league was still decided on points! Didn't realised it had switched to a system where only the top 6 form teams have a chance of promotion. Makes the first 40 games a bit redundant don't you think?

Other clubs arent having the same huge swings of form we are having, its these huge swings why people are questioning pearson.

Take a look at how Hull did in January.

Yes they will lose games before the end of the season but they wont be losing as many as we do. We might win a few games before the end of the season but I think that wont be enough as I think forest will win at least 5-6 more (including against us) and boro are a threat as well still although they worry me less than forest.

That's a huge claim and one I don't believe will materialise. If it does then I doff my cap to you. Seems you're basing it on a rather small sample though.

:blush:

There's nothing to say that Forest will fall out of form and there's nothing to say we can't get back into form. If anything the second half performance against Wednesday pointed at some very large frailities.

If we were talking four/five games before the end, you'd have a point but we are talking eleven games until May. You don't win the league off good form, you win it off 46 games.

And of course it matters who they play! You spoke earlier about motivation etc.

Charlton are a perfect side to play at the moment who look safe from relegation but too far away from the playoffs.

Yet when playing us they had two ex-players in the team and a manager against his mentor. That was the little bit extra motivation.

Similar with Peterborough, there is a local thing and a big crowd.

For example, to play Cardiff around about now is better than playing them when one win gains them promotion. Cardiff get more motivation.

There's chance of Brighton or Palace dropping off the pace as well.

I refuse to fear Forest, ever. I dont care how many years we go without beating them at their ground, or how many times they finish above us (which is actually very few in the last 20 years) I will always believe in us to do better than them.

I certainly will not predict them to get promoted.

Have a little faith.

They're peaking too early.

Agree with that, still 2 months of the season to go. You see teams hit form now and just fade off at the end, whereas you also see teams go through a blip before picking up again at just the right time. Gonna be a very, very interesting end to the season.

New manager bounce, look at Bristol City's instant improvement when Sean O'Driscoll first took over.

Whether it can be sustained till May remains to be seen, because Forest's squad isn't all that if we're honest.

Archived