Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v Ipswich. 02/03/13 Man of the Match

13 members have voted

1. 1. Can you think of one?

• Kasper
    • De Laet
    • Morgan
    • Keane
    • Konch
    • Marshall (69)
    • King
    • Drinky
    • Knocky (65)
    • Kane
    • Wood
    • Dyer (65)
    • Gallagher (69)

Guest parky0607

King bossed it. Miles better than anyone else although Morgan and Keane were probably next best.

Strange how a player can go from "sh*t" and "needs to be shipped out" to MOM in two consecutive away games. I know it's mentioned time and again but people exaggerate massively.

Even in this thread we've got people going over the top, the suggestion that he was far better than anyone else today isn't correct, he was our best player IMO but he wasn't miles ahead of the others. I get the feeling people exaggerate in order to strengthen their own assertions and to give the impression that anyone going against such assertions must be wrong.

Guest parky0607

Strange how a player can go from "sh*t" and "needs to be shipped out" to MOM in two consecutive away games. I know it's mentioned time and again but people exaggerate massively.

Even in this thread we've got people going over the top, the suggestion that he was far better than anyone else today isn't correct, he was our best player IMO but he wasn't miles ahead of the others. I get the feeling people exaggerate in order to strengthen their own assertions and to give the impression that anyone going against such assertions must be wrong.

I dont normally exaggerate or go overboard but if you look at what King achieved today, in comparison to, say knockaert for example, he really was miles above.

He was asking for the ball from defence, distributing it nicely (and playing to feet!!!) and was pretty much one of the only non-strikers who was in and around the box when we went forward in a lot of the attacks. Some crucial tackles made and rarely lost the ball. No silly mistakes either. That is my justification for my above comment.

I dont normally exaggerate or go overboard but if you look at what King achieved today, in comparison to, say knockaert for example, he really was miles above.

He was asking for the ball from defence, distributing it nicely (and playing to feet!!!) and was pretty much one of the only non-strikers who was in and around the box when we went forward in a lot of the attacks. Some crucial tackles made and rarely lost the ball. No silly mistakes either. That is my justification for my above comment.

You've picked out possibly our worst player there and compared him to our best so naturally there is going to be a big difference. What I'm saying is he wasn't massively ahead of everyone else in the team.

It isn't too important anyway, it's just something that bites at me a bit when I see it. :blush:

Guest ttfn

In your opinion.

I thought he looked like he was playing a different sport to most of the other 21 players on the pitch today. He rarely conceded possession, was unlucky not to score twice and made several decisive defensive interventions.

On a regular day, King's performance would have been good-very good. Today, given the tripe served up by everybody else on the pitch, I thought it was a veritable masterclass.

King seemed to be the only one who got to grips with the pitch, playing it to feet, winning the ball back several times and looking to control it with his chest rather than head it, like most others were doing.

His team-mates should've taken his lead.

Archived