Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norscot fox

Schlupp

So you think Vardy & waghorn are worth place on bench ahead of Schlupp i dont think so if Man u didnt rate him he be back with us by now

At least Vardy & Waghorn have had chances Jeff made one mistake V Leeds away not been near 1st team since

Jeff Schlupp do we need him back

My question why has he spent so much time at Man U they must see something in him and he carnt make our team find it baffling

Absolutely cracks me up when posters answer their own question without realising it.

i would rather have someone young hungry come through youth set set ahead of Vardy & Waghorn & that donkey Fuctacs his porformace v Hudderfield cup replay was nothing other than a degrace & Vardy is totally out of his level not good enough for championship

Well even if they want to sign him, they wont be allowed too until the summer now, and he has played in the two under 21 games that he is allowed to play for them, so i can`t see any reason for him to stay there for any longer, and he should come back.

However in an interview with Pearson a while back, he did say, that if he did come back from Man United, he would look to loan him out!

Man Utd can afford to gamble on him being a good player in the future. We can't afford to play him now on the same basis.

Surely we have made precisely the same gamble (i.e. looking at a player's potential based on nothing but a handful of appearances) on Keane, James and De Laet, among others.

We have no cover at left back, have looked poor on the left wing in many games and are constantly bemoaning a lack of options up front. A player who belongs to us, has played well for us, and is possibly worth a competitive fee for one of the best clubs in the world is at our disposal and plays in all of those positions. Should he be first choice? Possibly not. Should he be considered an option? Only a fool could deny it.

Surely we have made precisely the same gamble (i.e. looking at a player's potential based on nothing but a handful of appearances) on Keane, James and De Laet, among others.

No we watched those players and decided they were good enough to make an impact right now. The manager and coaching staff have watched Schlupp day in day out and clearly don't consider him good enough for the first team. They might be wrong, but this is a team of staff who gave Vardy a decent go, so clearly their standards aren't that high. If Schlupp was good enough to make a regular positive impact in the first team then he'd be in the first team. The manager isn't stupid.

No we watched those players and decided they were good enough to make an impact right now. The manager and coaching staff have watched Schlupp day in day out and clearly don't consider him good enough for the first team. They might be wrong, but this is a team of staff who gave Vardy a decent go, so clearly their standards aren't that high. If Schlupp was good enough to make a regular positive impact in the first team then he'd be in the first team. The manager isn't stupid.

He might not be stupid but he's made mistakes before. He deemed Matt Oakley a better right winger than Max Gradel and the signing of vardy in itself was an error.

It's my opinion that he's underrated Jeff, and overrated the likes of Vardy and Dyer. Watching him day in day out in training isn't really the be all and end all, if it was Martin O'Neill's tenure might have been very different.

I don't really care what Vardy shows in training every week, he's not good enough. And Dyer must be really special in training because he's not much good in most matches.

I normally get bored of fans moaning when they say we miss so and so.....

We've had it with Danns this season as well as King or James etc.

Its always easy to say we miss people when they dont play but in this instance i think the lad deserves a chance.

Nugent, Kane and Wood are clearly are main 3 forwards but then i would add Jeff into that mix ahead of Waggy and Vardy. Plus be good to see Jeff have a run out wide, he has pace to burn

So Pearson doesn't make mistakes?

Your argument contains three crucial flaws:

(1) That performances in training count. They are useful for a manager in deciding his line-up, but it is an often fatal error that managers make when they confuse good performances behind closed doors with effectiveness on the field. Only the latter is important. I remember a City player from the 90s saying that training under O'Neill was a dubious affair; the manager rarely turned up, half of the players seemed to be hungover and several of our best players (Claridge, Parker and Walsh were mentioned) always looked awful. Thank God the manager didn't attend training, then, if it would have led him to dropping them. Schlupp has played well for Leicester and posed a useful attacking threat on a flank where we're currently short on options - that is what matters.

(2) That our judgement of Schlupp's merits in training is somehow superior to that of Manchester United, who have kept him on trial for a month presumably because of how well he's done there.

(3) That Schlupp should be allowed to leave because 'if he were good enough to make a regular impact he'd be in the first team'. I've not suggested that he should be in the first team; rather that he offers us something different in two or three positions where our peripheral players have come up short. The implication of your post, however, is correct - the players who aren't in the first team have - either as subs or as stand-ins - not been good enough this year, with a smattering of exceptions. Schlupp is one of those exceptions. If we want to go up we need a squad - and can't afford to let the few effective peripheral players we have head off to 'just hang out at another club' for a month.

This is why no other manager, to my mind, has ever done something as bizarre as this while in the midst of a promotion battle. The only way it makes sense is if Keane's loan in some way depends on this agreement, which Pearson has denied. With that in mind, I'm afraid it has to be added to the list of questionable managerial decisions.

He might not be stupid but he's made mistakes before. He deemed Matt Oakley a better right winger than Max Gradel and the signing of vardy in itself was an error.

It's my opinion that he's underrated Jeff, and overrated the likes of Vardy and Dyer. Watching him day in day out in training isn't really the be all and end all, if it was Martin O'Neill's tenure might have been very different.

I don't really care what Vardy shows in training every week, he's not good enough. And Dyer must be really special in training because he's not much good in most matches.

Exactly right.

I just think that Pearson is so pig headed, that he is giving Vardy so many chances, in the hope that he will eventually be proved right in buying him.

As you rightly point out, how he could ever have played Oakley ahead of Gradel on the right wing, was something that mystified me too.

Gradel was never really given a run in the side under Pearson, and we lost a real talent for a paltry 100 grand, which in itself is a scandal!

It looks like Schlupp could well be another one!

(2) That our judgement of Schlupp's merits in training is somehow superior to that of Manchester United, who have kept him on trial for a month presumably because of how well he's done there.

He's playing for their U21s, if he was here he'd be playing for our U21s. What's your point?

Archived