Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coley1884

Pearson's signings

The discussions about the potential sale of Schlupp set me thinking this evening about NP's transfer dealings. Out of interest - and excluding loans - what do others think have been the best and worst dealings transactions during his time at the club?

For the record, my nominations for best signing would be Morgan or maybe Dyer. In terms of poor transactions, perhaps Kermit, or even dare I say, selling Mills?

The discussions about the potential sale of Schlupp set me thinking this evening about NP's transfer dealings. Out of interest - and excluding loans - what do others think have been the best and worst dealings transactions during his time at the club?

For the record, my nominations for best signing would be Morgan or maybe Dyer. In terms of poor transactions, perhaps Kermit, or even dare I say, selling Mills?

wow

I know debating football is all about opinions and that, but given our defence this season that's a tough one to agree with - and that's without bringing up dressing room harmony & team spirit.

Best for me is Morgan, Drinkwater, De Laet, Hobbs (loan & signing) Waghorn (loan)... Wellens too for how good he was in that season and for a while under Sven before being 'managed' out the team. Really like Dyer too but we're not using him right at the moment & he's sacrificing the best of himself in an effort to make things tighter.. or of course being introduced into games at difficult times and therefore people assume he's not that good.

Worst decision to sell? Gradel?

He wanted to go to Leeds, there was little you can do to stop someone when that happens. Pearson stated he did not really want to sell. The poor decision was to loan to a big club like Leeds (there are stories of it not being Pearsons decision), he would have been better served at a smaller club he was more likely to want to come back from.

lol That's up there with one of the best transactions, without a doubt. We're lucky we actually managed to find a club stupid enough to buy him. He could so easily have been another Beckford or Danns, being loaned out and still sucking up the club's resources.

He wanted to go to Leeds, there was little you can do to stop someone when that happens. Pearson stated he did not really want to sell. The poor decision was to loan to a big club like Leeds (there are stories of it not being Pearsons decision), he would have been better served at a smaller club he was more likely to want to come back from.

Oh yeah, I know that. It's just that I can't think of another example that has come back to haunt us/him. I don't think Pearson sold Kermogrant.

Archived