Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Saturday Kick-Off's... If we get promoted

Does anyone else think we might actually be better off for Saturday kick-off's if we get promoted? If we're among the little fish in the big pond, where Sky focuses on the big teams like Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsneal, Liverpool, Spurs etc, we might actually get a fair few more games on a Saturday afternoon than we have done this season?

I realise we'll have to have a few Monday night games, but am I right in thinking that - for the most part - midweek games would be a thing of the past? Another reason to get up to the PL as soon as possible if so.

I could be talking complete bollocks here, so feel free to set me straight!

At a quick look this is Southamptons fixture list this year....

Saturday

Sunday

Saturday

Sunday

Sunday

Saturday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

Saturday

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday

Saturday

to come

Saturday

Saturday

Saturday

Saturday

Sunday

Good point.

Take Stoke City for example, this season the will have 28 Saturday games (Home and away)

With 11 games being on other days (inc new years day)

Let's get into the Premiership a.s.a.p.

I picked Stoke as you would not call them a fashionable club.

But Leicester are...

Precisely.

Most football fans look upon Man U, Man C., Pool, Chelski, The Gunners as being far more watchable than either of us.

Let's hope we stay unfashionable, we don't want any bloody plastic fans !

Precisely.

Most football fans look upon Man U, Man C., Pool, Chelski, The Gunners as being far more watchable than either of us.

Let's hope we stay unfashionable, we don't want any bloody plastic fans !

We have plenty. In Thailand :ph34r:

Yeah, Sunday afternoon is generally for the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City. Spurs and Everton are fairly often as well.

Not when we get into the Champions League. A few Tuesday nighters then. ;)

Can't wait for that!

Would you rather be an average club having games being played on a Saturday afternoon or be a big club/successful team with the added "problem" of having games played on Sunday/Monday?

Obviously being a big club, how ridiculous would it be If you said I dont want to be a big club because we might have to play on a monday.

Archived