Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Exhausted!

Looking at our players i think we look extremely tiered tonight, our top performers such as Wes, Keane, Drinky and Nuge all look like they need a rest and have done for a few weeks now, since the FA Cup run we have been playing catch up with games and our small squad hasnt coped too well.

I think the international break has come at the right time for us, we are still in a play off spot, hopefully after 2 weeks off we can come out again fresh and push on for the last 8 games. I do not think any of our players are involved in international duty, correct me if I am wrong?

Lets not give up, with 8 games to go it would be stupid to sack the manger. As supporters lets all rally and get behind the lads for the last 8 weeks.

Good little thread, I've just been talking about the same kind of thing with my parents.

We are officially mentally and physically drained, the squad lacks depth, the squad number is too small, and we don't have enough options. Too many players have played too many games.

At one point this season we had 19 players, we now have 22, all teams challenging for the play-offs, have over 25 players in their squads.

So it's no wonder we are struggling now, simply mentally and physically drained, will the international break make a difference, who knows?

But the fact is the squad is too small, and now because of it, the players are mentally and physically drained.

Exhausted lol, sorry but I can't believe that for one moment. We have a lot of young players, loads of teams have played a lot of games and managed just fine...

Because the other teams, have over 25 players in their side, we only have 22, so course it makes a difference, especially when we have played Saturday - Tuesday for the past month.

Shut up you fool, same for every other team!!

Do forest look tired ??

Cardiff look tired ??

Stupid comments by stupid fools

Forest have 28 players, Cardiff have 30 players.

So the comments are not stupid, all the teams around us have more options, therefore can change it around, especially in midfield, we have basically had 3 central midfielders all season, while other teams have 5-6.

Work it out ;)

More like they have lost there confidence,and crap team selections from the start dont help.

When Knockaert comes back lets put him in a more central position and build the side around him,he is our best player after all.

Looking at our players i think we look extremely tiered tonight, our top performers such as Wes, Keane, Drinky and Nuge all look like they need a rest and have done for a few weeks now, since the FA Cup run we have been playing catch up with games and our small squad hasnt coped too well.

I think the international break has come at the right time for us, we are still in a play off spot, hopefully after 2 weeks off we can come out again fresh and push on for the last 8 games. I do not think any of our players are involved in international duty, correct me if I am wrong?

Lets not give up, with 8 games to go it would be stupid to sack the manger. As supporters lets all rally and get behind the lads for the last 8 weeks.

It's the results that's draining them and the weight of lost opportunities. Nothing to do with the minutes they're clocking up.

No!

I was right from the start I think..

It's NOT exhaustion (Forest aren't exhausted).

It's three things: a lack of overall quality, especially in the midfield. A lack of a midfield general...someone to haul them up by the bollox..

Tactical naivety.

We should have bought one or two more players of real quality at this level. We should have signed a midfield 'nasty bastard' and we should have played with more tactical nounce, especially away from home.

I said this at the start of the season and it's now having the effect I thought it would.

Don't blame 'tiredness'. These are supremely fit physical athletes.

Maybe mentally we are struggling.. I would concur. Which is why we now need a leader on the pitch more than ever. The signing of Kane (who looks like a kid in a mans world has been very bizarre).

The season ain't over, but it's close to being if we don't find some sort of form from somewhere.

No!

It's three things: a lack of overall quality, especially in the midfield. A lack of a midfield general...someone to haul them up by the bollox..

Tactical naivety.

We should have bought one or two more players of real quality at this level. We should have signed a midfield 'nasty bastard' and we should have played with more tactical nounce, especially away from home.

I said this at the start of the season and it's now having the effect I thought it would.

Maybe mentally we are struggling.. I would concur. Which is why we now need a leader on the pitch more than ever. The signing of Kane (who looks like a kid in a mans world has been very bizarre).

The season ain't over, but it's close to being if we don't find some sort of form from somewhere.

Gotta love the nasty bastard :thumbup:

No!

Tactical naivety.

On a lighter note what is "nounce"?

Is it a cross between nous and nonce?

Or is it more like a flounce?

shut up

Agree with OP.

Disagree with everyones negativity. We as fans, whilst giving an HONEST assessment of the team (which I rarely see on here these days), should try to be the ignition to the return of good form.

We all support this club, we all want this club to succeed. Let's try and be positive and help our lads out.

Good little thread, I've just been talking about the same kind of thing with my parents.

We are officially mentally and physically drained, the squad lacks depth, the squad number is too small, and we don't have enough options. Too many players have played too many games.

At one point this season we had 19 players, we now have 22, all teams challenging for the play-offs, have over 25 players in their squads.

So it's no wonder we are struggling now, simply mentally and physically drained, will the international break make a difference, who knows?

But the fact is the squad is too small, and now because of it, the players are mentally and physically drained.

It's the results that's draining them and the weight of lost opportunities. Nothing to do with the minutes they're clocking up.

A bit of truth in both these statements but most importantly, teams do not seem to get 'tired' when they are playing well and winning.

That said we are now in such a slump that I can not even see where to start in terms of addressing our issues.

Every part of our game now looks to be broken, I see nothing to build on..... :nono:

Archived