Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Chernobyl Tour.

I went about a month ago. I loved it. Strangely fascinating. Cost about $150 which included transport to and from Kiev, a tour (you need a permit to get in and out which you can only get if you're going with an official tour guide - they sort it all out for you) and food. They also stuck a documentary on in the minibus on the way which was quite handy for filling in any gaps before we got there. You can also rent Geiger counters which is fun, and you get quite close to the reactor. You get to go around Pripyat too.

When I'm not sitting in A&E I'll try and dig out who we went with if you're interested. I got some cracking pictures too.

Yep I went last year and it's well worth doing.

Before you do it YouTube Chernobyl documentary, it fact watch it even if you don't go as it's fascinating.

Alex... Did you have lunch in the canteen? They fed me this cream cheese pancake that was hands down the worst thing iv ever eaten

Cheers for the responses lads, Did you go both go for just a the one-day trip? because I notice they offer 2/3 and even 4 days. I think the highlight for me would be to just walk around Pripyat, would be so strange but can imagine it would be amazing really.

Yep I went last year and it's well worth doing.

Before you do it YouTube Chernobyl documentary, it fact watch it even if you don't go as it's fascinating.

Alex... Did you have lunch in the canteen? They fed me this cream cheese pancake that was hands down the worst thing iv ever eaten

I did! That food was ropey at best (I didn't dare touch the borscht). That said, the cream cheese pancake was my favourite part lol

Cheers for the responses lads, Did you go both go for just a the one-day trip? because I notice they offer 2/3 and even 4 days. I think the highlight for me would be to just walk around Pripyat, would be so strange but can imagine it would be amazing really.

1 day was enough I'd say. As Lcfc2013 says, you're better to spend the time in Kiev, especially if you go on a wander to the Museum Of The Great Patriotic War. There's shitloads of Societ helicopters/planes that you can pay about 20p to sit in and make machine gun noises like a child. Plus the museum is pretty impressive...

graham-lawrence-rodina-mat-statue-and-the-great-patriotic-war-museum-kiev-ukraine-europe.jpg

We,as a family are involved with a charity called , Friends of Chernobyl's children ( F.O.C.C). The charity brings

Children from the affected area ,which is mainly Belarus,for a months holiday in the U.K.

These children are born with associated medical problems nearly 30 years on.

We,as a family are involved with a charity called , Friends of Chernobyl's children ( F.O.C.C). The charity brings

Children from the affected area ,which is mainly Belarus,for a months holiday in the U.K.

These children are born with associated medical problems nearly 30 years on.

Don't bring them to a match, they have been through enough already

Archived